Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Proof Finally (UFO discussion)

Also, when I was in university I had a "wow, a UFO!" experience that I quickly realized was something else. I was out on a lawn at night, with lots of other students, and suddenly this object passed overhead with lots of lights. It looked like the spaceship from Close Encounters, IIRC. But then as it passed over it became apparent that there was a big balloon on top of it and propellers behind the gondola. It was some kind of airship, but it really looked UFO-ish before it passed over us.
    As above, so below

Quote Originally Posted by Jens View Post
    Also, when I was in university I had a "wow, a UFO!" experience that I quickly realized was something else. I was out on a lawn at night, with lots of other students, and suddenly this object passed overhead with lots of lights. It looked like the spaceship from Close Encounters, IIRC. But then as it passed over it became apparent that there was a big balloon on top of it and propellers behind the gondola. It was some kind of airship, but it really looked UFO-ish before it passed over us.
    I read that aliens camouflage their spaceships to look like balloons with propellers. So, you really did see an alien spaceship.

Thx gzhpcu, good to hear the story connected to the video.

That report doesn't address any of the issues raised by the people at Metabunk and elsewhere; it seems to be largely an (unsigned) waste of money.

Quote Originally Posted by grant hutchison View Post
    It's a fairly common set of UFO phenomena, that - stopping, splitting, dancing, shooting off. The usual explanations offered involve entoptic phenomena (that is, within the eye). For instance, it's actually anatomically and physiologically impossible to see three objects move off on divergent courses to disappear over the horizon at widely separated points in the space of a second. While these objects may have done what you recall them doing, you couldn't actually have observed it. So that has to be a phenomenon of eye and brain.

Since you don't mention satellites appearing from, or disappearing into, Earth's shadow, I presume you were observing some time around the summer solstice, and spotting satellites in inclined orbits that took them north of Earth's shadow. A "skeptic" would therefore suggest that what you observed was actually a satellite unexpectedly disappearing into shadow (or simply rotating to a less reflective position), with the subsequent dancing and splitting all generated by eye and brain in an effort to keep track of something that had actually become invisible.

But I'm sure you don't feel like that's what happened.

Grant Hutchison
    Yes, it was in the summertime and probably within a week or two of the solstice as we usually took our raft trips in late June or July. Remember, we were down in the river canyon so the "horizon" was somewhat more constrained than if we were on a flat plain. The three objects were out of sight so rapidly that it was my peripheral vision that caught it. I was still looking pretty much straight up at the spot they had been "dancing" for a short time before leaving over the horizon(s). I watch the skies at night quite often while on camping trips especially but at other times as well and have never seen anything like what I saw that night, before or since.
    Last edited by Grant Hatch; 2018-May-28 at 07:00 PM.

If you are basing this sighting on something you perceived with your peripheral vision then it seems entirely possible that you misinterpreted the stimuli you received.

I can't guess what actual stimuli you did receive, but it does sound more like a misperception than an actual nuts-and-bolts spacecraft, however alien.

I saw ball lightning near power line. I would swear that it went on for minutes, but when I got home and saw the video on the same event on TV, it was seconds. Like 3 seconds.

The whole video was about new protective features at a railroad crossing and happened to catch the ball lighting. They had been out there for hours of filming and miraculously had the camera pointing at the right place the whole time. The ball lightning segment was actually longer than the railroad crossing safety segment. Funny how that worked out.

For added amusement, I noticed the TV van filming on the way to school, but when I pulled over to see what was happening, I parked next to the van and didn't even register other people or cars were there until it was done.
    Solfe

Quote Originally Posted by eburacum45 View Post
    If you are basing this sighting on something you perceived with your peripheral vision then it seems entirely possible that you misinterpreted the stimuli you received.

I can't guess what actual stimuli you did receive, but it does sound more like a misperception than an actual nuts-and-bolts spacecraft, however alien.
    No no no, You obviously didn't read the description of the sighting. I'm basing the sighting on what I percieved initially with direct line of sight and then transitioned to peripheral since the then three objects were out of sight so rapidly that I did not have the chance to follow any single one of the three objects. I said it was technological and that I didn't think that we had anything that could do what it did. Perhaps we did have something that could do what I saw. I wonder when we started testing ICBM's with multiple warheads. Might have been a test of one and perhaps it was a lot closer to the ground than I thought when it split into three objects, hence the apparent incredible speed of the three objects as they disappeared over the horizons. It may have been coming almost straight down at the last when it appeared to stop and split into three....heck, I don't know, perhaps it wasn't tech, just some natural phenomena that appeared to be tech though I can't imagine what. The fact that it acted exactly like the previous satellites till it just seemed to stop dead in the sky for a bit and then the rest is what got me going.... Hey, Perhaps it was some sort of unknown flying/space dwelling macro-cell life form procreating thru mitosis/meiosis .... ha ha
    Last edited by Grant Hatch; 2018-Jun-09 at 07:48 PM.

I was playing with Google Cloud Vision API and was analyzing Mars anomalies. Some results are pretty funny...
    The Google face-detection API didn't catch any faces... however the label detection came up with the label "organism".

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screenshot1.png 
Views:	40 
Size:	492.2 KB 
ID:	23392
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screenshot2.png 
Views:	41 
Size:	291.6 KB 
ID:	23393

The repository is here if you're interested: https://github.com/rootVIII/image_analyzer

Quote Originally Posted by gzhpcu View Post
    Thanks for the link. I read the article and then went on to the link to Sen Harry Reids interview. http://nymag.com/selectall/2018/03/h...bout-ufos.html Makes for interesting reading. Now I need to go to whatever site Reid is talking about and read some of the stuff there as well.... definitely some high powered credible people taking this subject seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Grant Hatch View Post
    I'm basing the sighting on what I percieved initially with direct line of sight and then transitioned to peripheral since the then three objects were out of sight so rapidly that I did not have the chance to follow any single one of the three objects.
    Hmm... that still sounds like a misperception of some sort. If you didn't follow any of them then you don't really know what they did. The sighting sounds interesting, but inconclusive.