Thread: NEW MEMBER? Introduce yourself in this thread. (Continued)

NEW MEMBER? Introduce yourself in this thread. (Continued)

New member? Long-time lurker? The previous introduction thread got so large that it took quite a while to load. So, this is now the place to introduce yourself. Welcome!
    Forum Rules►  ◄FAQ►  ◄ATM Forum Advice►  ◄Conspiracy Advice
    Click http://cosmoquest.org/forum/images/buttons/report-40b.png to report a post (even this one) to the moderation team.

Man is a tool-using animal. Nowhere do you find him without tools; without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all. Thomas Carlyle (1795-1881)

Quote Originally Posted by PetersCreek View Post
    New member? Long-time lurker? The previous introduction thread got so large that it took quite a while to load. So, this is now the place to introduce yourself. Welcome!
    hello all, I'm also new and trying to learn to navigate things....i just have ideas and theories id like to bounce off ppl....id also like to hear other ppls to help feed my own thoughts.

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

Welcome LiquidBleach! You'll find this site to be a fresh & clean resource so you should blend in nicely. ;-)

Hello, my name is Carlos Gilbert, I am from Porto, in northern Portugal. Born 1948 and ever been an enthusiast about aviation. Now, with time passing and knowledge about matters of the cosmos, my interest shifts more and more about deep space exploration, what mankind has already been able to achieve and what most likely it will getting to know when the James Webb Space Telescope will be launched and running. I also have a discussion group on my Facebook wall, I called "A Space Odissey" (in portuguese language), where I share articles and videos about this theme. I hope to find here in this forum interesting people and some answers to my doubts... Thanks for accepting me! CG

Hi Cargil48, welcome to CQ
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

All moderation in purple - The rules

Quote Originally Posted by Cargil48 View Post
    Hello, my name is Carlos Gilbert, I am from Porto, in northern Portugal. Born 1948 and ever been an enthusiast about aviation. Now, with time passing and knowledge about matters of the cosmos, my interest shifts more and more about deep space exploration, what mankind has already been able to achieve and what most likely it will getting to know when the James Webb Space Telescope will be launched and running. I also have a discussion group on my Facebook wall, I called "A Space Odissey" (in portuguese language), where I share articles and videos about this theme. I hope to find here in this forum interesting people and some answers to my doubts... Thanks for accepting me! CG
    Hi, Carlos! I'm Tony, I've just joined. Great place for sharing thoughts about space and communicating. thanks....

Welcome tonymark and Afford

Moderator comments in this color | Get moderator attention using the lower left icon:
    Recommended reading: Forum Rules * Forum FAQs * Conspiracy Theory Advice * Alternate Theory Advocates Advice

Greetings and salutations everyone! I've just joined the forums a few days ago after my book interview on the Weekly Space Hangouts. I've been a long-time lurker and fan of the community, so I thought I better say hi at this point .

A little more about me, I am a senior community manager in the game industry. I work with studios on how to design and produce games that involve, or entirely design around, astronomical elements like space based colonization games and the like. I am also currently in Austin working with a studio on a special MMO project.

At other times I'm researching and working on a book about some sort of fun topic. This past year has been all about red dwarf exoplanets and their exotic properties that may make them habitable. I love learning about planetary science in particular, and am excited to be publishing a book soon on that topic!

Meanwhile, I hope to hang out here with all of you on all things cosmoquest!

Welcome to the forum!
    Solfe

Hi bryanpoprobson here, I know quite a few of the members on here already being a member of apollohoax.net for sometime now. I have a background in Telecoms and was a support engineer for the UK's Satellite earth stations and gave training in several of the systems in use. I look forward to engaging with people in my own area of expertise. I have done a few, average at best, videos debunking some of the claims of hoax believers, the main thing coming out of the exercise being the realisation that I need to invest in a decent microphone.

Just a Hi, some people on here may know me from apollohoax.net and possibly YouTube, look forward to adding argument where I can, though from a browse through these threads I am minor league.

welcome Bryanpoprobson.
    Last edited by The Backroad Astronomer; 2018-Apr-25 at 06:46 PM.
    From the wilderness to the cosmos.
    http://davidsuniverse.wordpress.com/

Greeting.
    I'm here to make some fun and promote new (different) ideas. The theme I have countless.
    Please accept my style (provocation) and bad English. I do not use: insulting humiliation and the like.
    I use only evidence for discussion.
    Curiosity can visit my site.

Hi, im Wenlok. Just here to learn about astronomy, and watch debates regarding conspiracy theories. I dont know alot about tthis forum or this topic like the rest of you, so excuse my ignorance.

Wow, we've been slipping. Hi Weitter Duckss and Wenlok.

Thanks for having me!

Hi all! My name is Alex and I am new to the forum. I am really interested in astrology, which is the reason why I am here. So happy to make friends with you guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Alextang View Post
    Hi all! My name is Alex and I am new to the forum. I am really interested in astrology, which is the reason why I am here. So happy to make friends with you guys!
    Hi Alextang, welcome to CQ. I've merged your post into our general welcome thread.

I hope you are aware that this is a science forum, and that astrology is not a science. We are happy to discuss it, but I suspect most of the discussion will be to prove it incorrect.

Hi everyone. This looks like a very healthy astronomy and science community.

I am an aspiring science fiction writer, and this forum and community looks like a very good possible resource for assistance with being factually accurate in certain details of my story-making.

Hopefully we can have some fun together as I'm in the process of beginning a book series and doing my initial research.

Thanks for allowing me to join the fold.

Welcome, BareMaximum! You are not the only aspiring science fiction writer to join us here (and we've even had some who are well past aspiring). Our members are always happy to help with questions about science.
    Everything I need to know I learned through Googling.