Thread: RIP Art Bell

RIP Art Bell

Art Bell dead at 72. He could keep you awake at night with all his woo-woo theories. Let the conspiracy theories begin.
    http://news3lv.com/news/local/radio-...n-pahrump-home

Sounds like "They" finally got him, and killed him with old age.

Fred
    Hey, you! "It's" with an apostrophe means "it is" or "it has." "Its" without an apostrophe means "belongs to it."

"For shame, gentlemen, pack your evidence a little better against another time."
    -- John Dryden, "The Vindication of The Duke of Guise" 1684

Earth's sole legacy will be a very slight increase (0.01%) of the solar metallicity.

Maybe he is now living with the aliens and his death is a cover up.
    From the wilderness to the cosmos.
    You can not be afraid of the wind, Enterprise: Broken Bow.
    https://davidsuniverse.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Nowhere Man View Post
    Sounds like "They" finally got him, and killed him with old age.

Fred
    72 is not "old age", at least not the kind you die of. I'll be 70 in a few months.
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

Yeah. No-one dies of old age. You just die more easily in old age, and diseases that can potentially kill you become more common in old age.
    But 80 is the new 60.

Grant Hutchison
    Blog

Note:
    During life, we all develop attitudes and strategies to make our interactions with others more pleasant and useful. If I mention mine here, those comments can apply only to myself, my experiences and my situation. Such remarks cannot and should not be construed as dismissing, denigrating, devaluing or criticizing any different attitudes and strategies that other people have evolved as a result of their different situation and different experiences.

RIP Art Bell

Quote Originally Posted by grant hutchison View Post
    But 80 is the new 60.

Grant Hutchison
    Geez, I sure hope so!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

"He's not dead. He just went home." - Men In Black

I really can't say I'm sorry. He was a major contributor towards making the world a dumber place.
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

I'm discussing that idea with someone, and in my brain, he's connected to Alex Jones but I can't remember how or if that's just sort of a slippery slope thing in my head.

"Now everyone was giving her that kind of look UFOlogists get when they suddenly say, 'Hey, if you shade your eyes you can see it is just a flock of geese after all.'"

"You can't erase icing."

"I can't believe it doesn't work! I found it on the internet, man!"

Wow. Art won the less than prestigious"Snuffed Candle Award" from the Skeptical Inquirer.
    https://www.csicop.org/specialarticl...ndle_em_awards

Accidental overdose, yeah, right, them MIB's will say anything.
    https://www.reviewjournal.com/local/...drug-overdose/

I think the Heaven's Gate deal should not have been laid at his feet.

From the wiki:

Some speculated that members of the Heaven's Gate group committed mass suicide based on rumors Bell aired, but others dismissed the idea, noting that the Heaven's Gate website stated: "Whether Hale-Bopp has a 'companion' or not is irrelevant from our perspective."[11] Susan Wright reported, however, that Bell was also "one of the first to publicize expert opinions refuting the 'alien' companion" said to have been shadowing Hale-Bopp,[12] such as that published in 1998 from the Jet Propulsion Laboratory suggesting that "the satellite's main diameter is ~30 km," and accordingly natural rather than artificial.[13]

I seem to remember when he and Whitley Strieber took a person to task over a photo of Hale Bopp, that was taken in Hawaii, and they said a UFO image had been faked. They actually turned skeptic for once--and that was before the mass suicide, as best I recall.

RIP to a fixture of my late tween years.

Quote Originally Posted by Gillianren View Post
    I'm discussing that idea with someone, and in my brain, he's connected to Alex Jones but I can't remember how or if that's just sort of a slippery slope thing in my head.
    There is a connection. George Noory spoke to Alex Jones about Art Bell's death on the radio. In the 1990s, Alex Jones was a frequent caller to the show. Jones might have been a TV personality at the time or perhaps had his own radio show. Depends on the timing really, but since he had a career at the time, he might have been clearly associating himself, his brand with the Coast to Coast show.
    Solfe

Has this man every directly hurt any of you? Other than annoy you?

You all should be ashamed of yourselves.

This is a real human being you're talking about.
    Time wasted having fun is not time wasted - Lennon
    (John, not the other one.)

No, BigDon, YOU are the one who should be ashamed of himself. Who appointed you moderator here? Who told you it would be OK for you to impose your morals on anyone else here? (No, don't answer.) Once again, and you know this very well: if you have a problem with a post on this forum, you can use the ways the rules provide to deal with it. In other words: talk to us, report or PM.

For what it's worth: nobody misbehaved or posted anything worthy of reproach. If someone chooses to make himself disliked thoroughly by many in life, there's no need to pretend that it wasn't so after their death. As long as that sentiment is voiced in acceptable terms.

Moderator comments in this color | Get moderator attention using the lower left icon:
    Recommended reading: Forum Rules * Forum FAQs * Conspiracy Theory Advice * Alternate Theory Advocates Advice