Thread: Historic occultations.

Historic occultations.

Looking at the ecliptic on my planisphere, it passes several bright stars. I am wondering if Uranus and Neptune passed in front in historic times and some noticed. So some retrospective predictions may have been done. Have they?

Not just stars, Mars!

Quote Originally Posted by grapes View Post
    Not just stars, Mars!
    Uranus and Neptune passed in front of Mars?

Grant Hutchison
    Blog

Note:
    During life, we all develop attitudes and strategies to make our interactions with others more pleasant and useful. If I mention mine here, those comments can apply only to myself, my experiences and my situation. Such remarks cannot and should not be construed as dismissing, denigrating, devaluing or criticizing any different attitudes and strategies that other people have evolved as a result of their different situation and different experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by grant hutchison View Post
    Uranus and Neptune passed in front of Mars?

Grant Hutchison
    Maybe they mean the other way around?

Quote Originally Posted by KaiYeves View Post
    Maybe they mean the other way around?
    Yeah. I was teasing. But for some reason Mercury seems to produce more common occultations of Uranus and Neptune. Anyway, an occultation of Uranus or Neptune by a planet wouldn't be something that was naked-eye observable, like the occultation of a bright star by Uranus and Neptune.

Grant Hutchison
    Last edited by grant hutchison; 2018-Apr-16 at 01:07 PM.
    Blog

Note:
    During life, we all develop attitudes and strategies to make our interactions with others more pleasant and useful. If I mention mine here, those comments can apply only to myself, my experiences and my situation. Such remarks cannot and should not be construed as dismissing, denigrating, devaluing or criticizing any different attitudes and strategies that other people have evolved as a result of their different situation and different experiences.