Thread: Big Bang As described in Ancient Dcument from Egypt

Big Bang As described in Ancient Dcument from Egypt

Hello,
    I found a document from antiquity I believe describes the [10 2 the - event] I need someone who might be able to look with an informed eye.
    I am completely a novice so be gentle.

Dear DOivet

Welcome to CQ, I have approved your post, but you will need to give much more information than what is in your OP, in order for the people here to give you some feedback.

Have fun
    All comments made in red are moderator comments. Please, read the rules of the forum here and read the additional rules for ATM, and for conspiracy theories. If you think a post is inappropriate, don't comment on it in thread but report it using the /!\ button in the lower left corner of each message. But most of all, have fun!

Catch me on twitter: @tusenfem
    Catch Rosetta Plasma Consortium on twitter: @Rosetta_RPC

I would just make a couple of (pre-emptive) points.

Firstly, there are a large number of ancient cosmologies: some religious, some philosophical, some protocols-scientific. Some of these might have a resemblance to some aspects of modern cosmology. To say that one of these describes the Big Bang (as understood today) and is not just superficially and coincidentally similar, it would need to provide some very specific detail that could be compared quantitatively. This might seem a high bar to place on myth and I would agree in mist cases, but if someone is going to claim that it describes the same hing as modern science then it has to be held to the same standards.

Secondly, current science does not really say anything much about the Big Bang "event". It is not even certain that there was such a thing. Current theory really allows us to make firm statements about what happened a fraction of a second after any such event.

Quote Originally Posted by DOivet View Post
    Hello,
    I found a document from antiquity....
    As wiki states: "The majority of atoms produced by the Big Bang were hydrogen, along with helium and traces of lithium...."

How does a "document from antiquity" deal with this factual detail when the whole idea of atoms was not figured out until, like, the 1890s?
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.