Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Trebuchet's new house.

Good to see how the work is going - looks very nice and the view gets better every time I see it. I had to read up about about the Oscar system. It certainly does seem a bit more complicated than the septic system we had in our first house in 1976, which was just a concrete septic tank and a leach drain.

I must say that you have chosen some fascinating lights they will look beautiful. I have to admit that I find what appears to be a low window in the shower recess a bit unusual.

Was the problem with the window framing (I think that was what it was) sorted to your satisfaction?
    Last edited by ozduck; 2018-Sep-15 at 07:39 AM.

Man, you really went for the fancy and the schmancy. Looking great!
    Forum Rules►  ◄FAQ►  ◄ATM Forum Advice►  ◄Conspiracy Advice
    Click http://cosmoquest.org/forum/images/buttons/report-40b.png to report a post (even this one) to the moderation team.

Man is a tool-using animal. Nowhere do you find him without tools; without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all. Thomas Carlyle (1795-1881)

Quote Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
    Septic system, 1974:
    Wastewater flows into a concrete box, where bacteria do their work.
    Effluent flows out into some pipes and soaks into the ground.
    Powered and controlled entirely by gravity.
    We've been here since 1997 and had not one moment's concern.

Septic system, 2018:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Septic_Panel2.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	233.1 KB 
ID:	23571Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Septic_Panel1.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	234.8 KB 
ID:	23572Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Septic_Panel3.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	309.8 KB 
ID:	23573

There's a dang computer in there.

And all this claptrap.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Septic1.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	176.1 KB 
ID:	23574Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Septic2.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	340.5 KB 
ID:	23575
    Computerized septic? You may want a backup power supply for the house...

Information about American English usage here and here. Floating point issues? Please read this before posting.

How do things fly? This explains it all.

Actually they can't: "Heavier-than-air flying machines are impossible." - Lord Kelvin, president, Royal Society, 1895.

Quote Originally Posted by ozduck View Post
    Good to see how the work is going - looks very nice and the view gets better every time I see it. I had to read up about about the Oscar system. It certainly does seem a bit more complicated than the septic system we had in our first house in 1976, which was just a concrete septic tank and a leach drain.

I must say that you have chosen some fascinating lights they will look beautiful. I have to admit that I find what appears to be a low window in the shower recess a bit unusual.

Was the problem with the window framing (I think that was what it was) sorted to your satisfaction?
    No window in the shower, perhaps you are seeing the niche for shampoo bottles etc or the bench at the other end.
    And no, the window problem is not yet resolved. They still need to move one but are at least aware of it and admit it is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by PetersCreek View Post
    Man, you really went for the fancy and the schmancy. Looking great!
    My wife gets all the credit for the fancy stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by swampyankee View Post
    Computerized septic? You may want a backup power supply for the house...
    We're getting a propane generator. I'm not sure the septic is on it, however. Need to check that. It's supposed to be good for a while without power, of course.
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
    No window in the shower, perhaps you are seeing the niche for shampoo bottles etc or the bench at the other end.
    And no, the window problem is not yet resolved. They still need to move one but are at least aware of it and admit it is needed.
    Oops - you are right. It was the niche that I had mistaken for a window. In my, weak, defence the tile pattern in the niche is very similar to some of the patterns used on security insect screening over here and as all windows should be screened in our neck of the woods I jumped to a silly conclusion.

As long as they have admitted that they need to rectify your problem then that is good.
    Last edited by ozduck; 2018-Sep-15 at 04:12 PM.