Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Density wave in spiral Arm

Quote Originally Posted by Shaula View Post
    Lenticular galaxies don't have spiral arms. What features are you talking about when you talk about symmetry? The disk?

Or are you talking about the grid you linked to? The grid that clearly doesn't show actual images of spiral galaxies but instead sketches of idealised shapes that are used as part of a galactic classification guide?

I'm not speaking about the Lenticular galaxies.
    I'm looking at the arms of all spiral galaxies.

They are all fully Symmetric with regards to the center.
    However, the orbital cycles of all stars are not symmetrical - it is elliptical.
    So how can we get a symmetrical spiral arms shape from none symmetrical stars orbital cycles?

You have not answered my question. What symmetrical shape?

You also completely missed the point with the Zurich simulation. Again you are imposing your own beliefs on it rather than understanding the model (which I liked to examples of but, of course, you have not followed up on). The Zurich simulation didn't include any information about the orbits. It simulated them evolving from collapsing gas. It made no assumptions about the nature of the orbits or requirements for and end point. That is why it took so long to run and why it is such powerful evidence. The fact that you STILL don't understand that is a testament to your shabby treatment of any evidence presented to you. You refuse to take the time to understand it while simultaneously claiming it must be wrong for reasons you seem to invent on the fly and cannot back up. Instead you adhere to your beliefs or intuitions, ignoring evidence and theory that conflicts with them. I've never actually said this to anyone before in more than twenty years of ad hoc physics teaching but if you are not going to change how you approach this maybe you need to consider giving up. You will never understand the physics behind these things if you continue to behave as you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Lee View Post
    However, the orbital cycles of all stars are not symmetrical - it is elliptical.
    So how can we get a symmetrical spiral arms shape from none symmetrical stars orbital cycles?
    Right, so you are taking a sketch used for galactic classification and claiming it reflects reality.

Google Spiral galaxy images. Your claims are demonstrably false for complex spirals. For simple spirals the first video I linked to shows you how this works for elliptical orbits.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Lee View Post
    I'm not speaking about the Lenticular galaxies.
    I'm looking at the arms of all spiral galaxies.

Once again, you are making the huge mistake of believing that you have a valid intuition of how the physical world works. Stop it. Your self-confidence has been shown time and again to be woefully misplaced.

A water molecule is asymmetric. How can it form symmetrical snowflakes?

Think about it.

Your intuition is almost completely useless because you haven't studied physics. One wonders if you have this same sort of unsupported self-confidence about your abilities at other activities you have never studied. You will never learn until you recognize that you are ignorant.

Please stop.

The occurrence of disk galaxies without detectable spiral patterns shows that either they are not inevitable, or perhaps not permanent if they are inevitable in early stages. The British video that illustrated M51 showed a possible mechanism for "stirring the pot" in the form of perturbations by the companion.