Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Crazy space projects.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    4,254

    Crazy space projects.

    Well someone has already done the sports car as a new planet so here is mine. A solar powered bulldozer on a lunar flat plain. Over time it moves rocks and boulders into some logo or similar. The Os and As may be difficult but the Cs and Ls should be easy. Any others? But NO bright lights out there of course!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    549
    I've always championed the construction of a fully operational have-a-nice-day star.


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    15,806
    For a while back at the end of mission, I thought about creating a Cassini-tribute blog about the Saturn system called Kraken Mare Yacht Club after the idea that since Titan has both oceans and weather, it is natural that at some point in the future humans will travel there and create boats adapted for sailing on the methane seas and lakes, leading to it becoming a sport, leading to nostalgic colonists attempting to import traditions from Earth, hence... Kraken Mare Yacht Club, no spacesuits permitted further inside than the airlock, no blazers permitted further outside.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,874
    Quote Originally Posted by KaiYeves View Post
    For a while back at the end of mission, I thought about creating a Cassini-tribute blog about the Saturn system called Kraken Mare Yacht Club after the idea that since Titan has both oceans and weather, it is natural that at some point in the future humans will travel there and create boats adapted for sailing on the methane seas and lakes, leading to it becoming a sport, leading to nostalgic colonists attempting to import traditions from Earth, hence... Kraken Mare Yacht Club, no spacesuits permitted further inside than the airlock, no blazers permitted further outside.
    I like the cut of your jib, mister Yeves.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,874
    Way back in high school, when we banged out our homework with chisels on stone slabs, I had a best friend who liked to muse about a dream of his to drop a match into Jupiter.

    I was so uncool that I tried to explain to him that nothing would happen since there's no oxygen.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    15,806
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveC426913 View Post
    I like the cut of your jib, mister Yeves.
    *Ms.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,874
    Quote Originally Posted by KaiYeves View Post
    *Ms.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    3,079
    Quote Originally Posted by peteshimmon View Post
    WThe Os and As may be difficult but the Cs and Ls should be easy.
    Reversing the degrees of difficulty in Clarke's "Watch This Space". I see what you did there.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    11,817
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveC426913 View Post
    Way back in high school, when we banged out our homework with chisels on stone slabs, I had a best friend who liked to muse about a dream of his to drop a match into Jupiter.

    I was so uncool that I tried to explain to him that nothing would happen since there's no oxygen.
    I'd keep your friend out of forests, just saying.

    I'm a fan of intentional panspermia myself. (Once local abiosis has been established of course.)
    Time wasted having fun is not time wasted - Lennon
    (John, not the other one.)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •