Thread: Crazy space projects.

Crazy space projects.

Well someone has already done the sports car as a new planet so here is mine. A solar powered bulldozer on a lunar flat plain. Over time it moves rocks and boulders into some logo or similar. The Os and As may be difficult but the Cs and Ls should be easy. Any others? But NO bright lights out there of course!

I've always championed the construction of a fully operational have-a-nice-day star.

For a while back at the end of mission, I thought about creating a Cassini-tribute blog about the Saturn system called Kraken Mare Yacht Club after the idea that since Titan has both oceans and weather, it is natural that at some point in the future humans will travel there and create boats adapted for sailing on the methane seas and lakes, leading to it becoming a sport, leading to nostalgic colonists attempting to import traditions from Earth, hence... Kraken Mare Yacht Club, no spacesuits permitted further inside than the airlock, no blazers permitted further outside.

Quote Originally Posted by KaiYeves View Post
    For a while back at the end of mission, I thought about creating a Cassini-tribute blog about the Saturn system called Kraken Mare Yacht Club after the idea that since Titan has both oceans and weather, it is natural that at some point in the future humans will travel there and create boats adapted for sailing on the methane seas and lakes, leading to it becoming a sport, leading to nostalgic colonists attempting to import traditions from Earth, hence... Kraken Mare Yacht Club, no spacesuits permitted further inside than the airlock, no blazers permitted further outside.
    I like the cut of your jib, mister Yeves.

Way back in high school, when we banged out our homework with chisels on stone slabs, I had a best friend who liked to muse about a dream of his to drop a match into Jupiter.

I was so uncool that I tried to explain to him that nothing would happen since there's no oxygen.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveC426913 View Post
    I like the cut of your jib, mister Yeves.
    *Ms.

Quote Originally Posted by KaiYeves View Post
    *Ms.

Quote Originally Posted by peteshimmon View Post
    WThe Os and As may be difficult but the Cs and Ls should be easy.
    Reversing the degrees of difficulty in Clarke's "Watch This Space". I see what you did there.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveC426913 View Post
    Way back in high school, when we banged out our homework with chisels on stone slabs, I had a best friend who liked to muse about a dream of his to drop a match into Jupiter.

I was so uncool that I tried to explain to him that nothing would happen since there's no oxygen.
    I'd keep your friend out of forests, just saying.

I'm a fan of intentional panspermia myself. (Once local abiosis has been established of course.)
    Time wasted having fun is not time wasted - Lennon
    (John, not the other one.)