Thread: Megaton BH hits proton

Megaton BH hits proton

A million ton black hole has a lifetime of centuries, so is stable for this supposition
    Suppose it hits a proton. It's radius is about an attometer, while the proton's is about a femtometer.
    Does the proton break up in some way? Does it all go down at once? What happens?
    SHARKS (crossed out) MONGEESE (sic) WITH FRICKIN' LASER BEAMS ATTACHED TO THEIR HEADS

Quantum mechanics meets gravity. New science required.

Grant Hutchison
    Blog

Note:
    During life, we all develop attitudes and strategies to make our interactions with others more pleasant and useful. If I mention mine here, those comments can apply only to myself, my experiences and my situation. Such remarks cannot and should not be construed as dismissing, denigrating, devaluing or criticizing any different attitudes and strategies that other people have evolved as a result of their different situation and different experiences.

But given that the Hawking luminosity of such an object is measured in 100s of terawatts (the equivalent of a several Hiroshima bombs per second), I thinking getting the proton anywhere near the black hole might be a challenge.

Grant Hutchison
    Blog

Note:
    During life, we all develop attitudes and strategies to make our interactions with others more pleasant and useful. If I mention mine here, those comments can apply only to myself, my experiences and my situation. Such remarks cannot and should not be construed as dismissing, denigrating, devaluing or criticizing any different attitudes and strategies that other people have evolved as a result of their different situation and different experiences.