Thread: Life on Mars

Life on Mars

Just looking for new ideas. Let's say you were a young adult born and raised on a Martian colony. What sort of work would you do? What do you imagine your role is in helping the colony thrive?
    Depending on whom you ask, everything is relative.

Probably would be doing stuff like helping growing and harvesting the colonies food, or working in a field close to what you would be doing as adult. I have the feeling in some respects you would have to be as useful as possible starting out young.
    ...I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.
    You cannot run away from the truth, the world is not big enough. DI Jack Frost
    Don't Panic THGTTG
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. Einstein
    http://davidsuniverse.wordpress.com/

I wouldn't expect anyone who doesn't truly want to be on Mars at all. . If you've decided to go to Mars, you're probably an engineer, or scientist, or farmer, or technician, or something that you can apply to Mars. Which means that the best way for you to pay your debt to society would be to work it off--community service for almost everyone, and deportation back to Earth for the irredeemable criminals.