Thread: Television as it should be.

Television as it should be.

A good display of Trooping the Colour this morning. On modern sets the red tunics do not flicker like the old CRT sets. And a welcome innovation where a side channel offers the event without commentary just the sights and sounds of everything. I mean the commentators are OK but it does seem at times like their comments are oozing out of the sets loudspeaker all over the carpet and a lot of careful cleaning is going to be needed. Television is the view and should not be radio with pictures!

Wait. That's on television? And people watch it?

Grant Hutchison
    Blog

Note:
    During life, we all develop attitudes and strategies to make our interactions with others more pleasant and useful. If I mention mine here, those comments can apply only to myself, my experiences and my situation. Such remarks cannot and should not be construed as dismissing, denigrating, devaluing or criticizing any different attitudes and strategies that other people have evolved as a result of their different situation and different experiences.

As for the problem in the OP, take a look at your remote. Usually there's button with a speaker icon with a line through it. It provides a noticeable improvement to most programs.
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

The soldiers rehearse for days so you may as well show loyalty by watching and anyway when they are marking time on the parade it can be quite hypnotic seeing all those knees of the troops and officers going up and down but not going anywhere. And I am sure there are some sports items where no commentary is welcome!

Commentary seems to be notoriously problematic in sports television. (Though I'm judging from the furious letters to The Times I've read on the topic, which is something of a sampling error, I'm sure.)

I just had no idea that Trooping the Colour was televised. It seems a bit of a niche interest.

Grant Hutchison
    Blog

Note:
    During life, we all develop attitudes and strategies to make our interactions with others more pleasant and useful. If I mention mine here, those comments can apply only to myself, my experiences and my situation. Such remarks cannot and should not be construed as dismissing, denigrating, devaluing or criticizing any different attitudes and strategies that other people have evolved as a result of their different situation and different experiences.