Thread: if we make a domestic Airport on Moon

if we make a domestic Airport on Moon

I think it will be more cost effective for Aeroplanes to take landing and take off from moon, due to low gravity.
    do you think that the output from the after burner like co2 hydro carbon, carbon monoxides may create hazards
    on Moon may be it will create different chemical compounds on Moon

what do you think ??

sunil

Gravity isn't the issue. The Moon does not have an appreciable atmosphere. Without an atmosphere, the aircraft engines cannot operate and the wings cannot generate lift.
    Forum Rules►  ◄FAQ►  ◄ATM Forum Advice►  ◄Conspiracy Advice
    Click http://cosmoquest.org/forum/images/buttons/report-40b.png to report a post (even this one) to the moderation team.

Man is a tool-using animal. Nowhere do you find him without tools; without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all. ó Thomas Carlyle (1795-1881)

Quote Originally Posted by suntrack2 View Post
    I think it will be more cost effective for Aeroplanes to take landing and take off from moon, due to low gravity.
    do you think that the output from the after burner like co2 hydro carbon, carbon monoxides may create hazards
    on Moon may be it will create different chemical compounds on Moon

what do you think ??

sunil
    Thereís no atmosphere to provide lift, so aircraft arenít possible. Ballistic rockets or ground transport are the only methods.

Information about American English usage here and here. Floating point issues? Please read this before posting.

How do things fly? This explains it all.

Actually they can't: "Heavier-than-air flying machines are impossible." - Lord Kelvin, president, Royal Society, 1895.

4. 2018-Jul-03, 04:55 PM

Also, I donít think an afterburner is used on rocket engines, because you are already accelerating the exhaust as fast as you can in the engine.

And thinks like CO2 wonít matter on the moon, because there is no air anyway so you have to breathe from your own air supply...

Speaking of which,
    I just realized Iím all out of love.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    As above, so below

Guess we'll have to go with dirigibles then.

We just have to come up with something lighter than vacuum...
    Time wasted having fun is not time wasted - Lennon
    (John, not the other one.)

Quote Originally Posted by BigDon View Post

[biting tongue][/biting tongue]
    From the wilderness to the cosmos.
    You can not be afraid of the wind, Enterprise: Broken Bow.
    https://davidsuniverse.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by BigDon View Post

Perhaps if it turns out that antimatter feels gravity the wrong way, then we can make antimatter dirigibles!

I'm sure the people on board would have a blast!
    As above, so below

I got it!

We'll use hot vacuum in our lighter than vacuum balloons!

Hot vacuum HAS to lighter than cold vacuum...

How would you make a dirigible, well, dirigible (steerable for those who don't speak baguette) on the moon? Don't say "thrusters" because if that is allowed, we can just make it a rocket and be done with it.
    Last edited by Nicolas; 2018-Jul-20 at 02:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolas View Post
    How would you make a dirigible, well, dirigible (steerable for those who don't speak baguette) on the moon? Don't say "thrusters" because if that is allowed, we can just make it a rocket and be done with it.
    Big stilts.

Jeez, took me all of a second to come up with that! No wonder you're Earth bound!

()

SSTO NFL punts to the backside.

Quote Originally Posted by Jens View Post
    Also, I don’t think an afterburner is used on rocket engines, because you are already accelerating the exhaust as fast as you can in the engine.

And thinks like CO2 won’t matter on the moon, because there is no air anyway so you have to breathe from your own air supply...

Speaking of which,
    I just realized I’m all out of love.

Afterburners rely on the fact that there is considerable oxygen available in a gas turbine engine's exhaust -- limits on materials mean that gas turbine combustion has about 3 times the stioichiometric ratio of oxygen.

Information about American English usage here and here. Floating point issues? Please read this before posting.

Actually they can't: "Heavier-than-air flying machines are impossible." - Lord Kelvin, president, Royal Society, 1895.

First, put a significant atmosphere on the Moon. Second, build a dirigible.

Iím not sure if you are responding to my post, but just to clarify, I didnít use a smiley but I was joking.

As above, so below

Quote Originally Posted by Jens View Post
    I’m not sure if you are responding to my post, but just to clarify, I didn’t use a smiley but I was joking.

I was rather hoping you were.