Thread: Was There a Time When the Moon was Habitable?

Was There a Time When the Moon was Habitable?

According to a new study by a European team, the Moon may have been habitable during two periods in the past.
    The post Was There a Time When the Moon was Habitable? appeared first on Universe Today.

More...

I've heard it theorized before, from some fairly reputable sources, that the Moon has probably had intermittent periods where it boasted an atmosphere of similar thickness to Mars - which would put it on the edge of the kind of surface pressure that might support liquid water. This is the first time I've actually heard liquid lunar water mentioned as a possibility however - but when I read this I wash.t too surprised that someone had made that leap. But I dunno about this - if we're going hunting for lunar water around the time the Moon was geologically warmer, a subsurface geothermal system seems much more likely to have persisted long enough to leave some detectable trace. But, either way, given its proximity to Earth and the established fact that the Lunar surface has received so much ejected material from Earth over the last 4.5 billion years, it seems plausible that IF the Moon ever saw surface or near surface liquid water, Earth life could have grown there, even if only briefly. My two cents.

It might be an easier fix than Mars.