Thread: ATM group alternatives

ATM group alternatives

First, I would like to thank CQ again for all the years of discussions in astrophysics, everything related to GR is very clear now in my mind. Not because I am an ATMer that I disrespect GR.

Second, I find I could still do more in my spare time and I would like to present my ATM theory to some group but alas:
    - Natural Philosophy don't understand my theory either
    - 100 Year Starship doesn't exist anymore (although I enjoyed their peer-review process of my, back then, incomplete ATM theory)
    - Icarus Interstellar is mainstream all the way (even if GR says FTL travel is impossible)
    - I have the rare opportunity in the summertime to talk to NASA but it is expensive and not frequent
    - I am still waiting for General Relativity and Gravitation to review my manuscript but it will likely get rejected

So I am running out of ideas on who to present this to. Any ideas anyone?

Thanks a lot!
    philippeb8

Please refresh my memory about why you don't think it is a good idea to present it in ATM in this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    Please refresh my memory about why you don't think it is a good idea to present it in ATM in this forum.
    My time is up, here, in this ATM forum.

Quote Originally Posted by philippeb8 View Post
    My time is up, here, in this ATM forum.
    I thought this was new work? Is this the same as your "Finite Theory" posted in 2011?

Quote Originally Posted by Strange View Post
    I thought this was new work? Is this the same as your "Finite Theory" posted in 2011?
    It's an extension of my previous debate with professionally written mathematics.

It's an extension of my previous debate with professionally written mathematics.
    Then why not ask the mods if you can post it here. (But if the "postulates" are the same as the ones you posted in a thread here, then it is doomed. You need someone who is going to be a brutally honest critic rather than just adding mathematics. That is the advantage of working in a professional environment; you get to bounce ideas off people.)

Present it with all supporting math, to the mainstream.

If it's provable, prove it.
    "I'm planning to live forever. So far, that's working perfectly." Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by Strange View Post
    Then why not ask the mods if you can post it here. (But if the "postulates" are the same as the ones you posted in a thread here, then it is doomed. You need someone who is going to be a brutally honest critic rather than just adding mathematics. That is the advantage of working in a professional environment; you get to bounce ideas off people.)
    Ok, all ask the mods if it gets rejected by GRG. Maybe the rule "being prepared" takes precedence over "60 days limit".

BTW there was an intermediate thread presenting what happenned to the 2 postulates.

Quote Originally Posted by Noclevername View Post
    Present it with all supporting math, to the mainstream.

If it's provable, prove it.
    Yeah I hope it gets approved by GRG but the text might not be clear enough.

And to prove it I need to convince CASIS-NASA to test it for me on the ISS.

Ok, all ask the mods if it gets rejected by GRG. Maybe the rule "being prepared" takes precedence over "60 days limit".
    Ok thanks, I'll do that then. I should get a response from GRG shortly.

First, I would like to thank CQ again for all the years of discussions in astrophysics, everything related to GR is very clear now in my mind. Not because I am an ATMer that I disrespect GR.

Second, I find I could still do more in my spare time and I would like to present my ATM theory to some group but alas:
    - 100 Year Starship doesn't exist anymore (although I enjoyed their peer-review process of my, back then, incomplete ATM theory)
    - Icarus Interstellar is mainstream all the way (even if GR says FTL travel is impossible)
    - I have the rare opportunity in the summertime to talk to NASA but it is expensive and not frequent
    - I am still waiting for General Relativity and Gravitation to review my manuscript but it will likely get rejected

So I am running out of ideas on who to present this to. Any ideas anyone?

Thanks a lot!
    philippeb8
    International Skeptics Forum: Science, Mathematics, ... section.

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Tate View Post
    International Skeptics Forum: Science, Mathematics, ... section.
    Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure I understand this, how can "Natural Philosophy" understand anything? Unless that's just a weird name of an actual person, Natural Philosophy is an academic discipline and therefore cannot understand anything, as it's not a person and has no brain. But honestly if everyone you've shown your idea to tells you that you are wrong, well have you ever considered that possibility that you may in fact be wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave241 View Post
    well have you ever considered that possibility that you may in fact be wrong?
    "But it makes sense to me so it must be right!"

Quote Originally Posted by ToSeek View Post
    This section of the forum is for astronomy and space exploration questions with straightforward, generally accepted answers.
    This thread doesn't come close to that qualification.

And frankly philippeb8, you already have an active thread in S&T on this, and you've had a Feedback thread on the same topic. This is rapidly approaching spamming levels. Do not open another thread on this.
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

All moderation in purple - The rules