Thread: Teenage girls are the force that moves the space program

Smile Teenage girls are the force that moves the space program

I lack the evidence as yet to put this in the ATM section, but I argue that teenage girls, well known for being on the phone all day, also known for being a major part of the market for cell phones, are a critical force driving behind the need for bigger telecommunications satellites, hence the need for larger and more powerful launch vehicles, hence the need for bigger space budgets.

Debate me.
    There is something fascinating about science. One gets such wholesale returns of conjecture out of such a trifling investment of fact.
    — Mark Twain, Life on the Mississippi (1883)

Teenage boys spend equal time on their phones playing multiplayer video games and watching YouTube videos. Which uses even more telecom power than voice and text.
    "I'm planning to live forever. So far, that's working perfectly." Steven Wright

Actually, it was tie-dye that drove the Moon landing program. The use of tie-dye increased sharply through the mid-1960s, peaked in 1969, held out for a couple of years, then pretty quickly disappeared. Playing a lot of Grateful Dead and Jefferson Airplane helps.
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

All moderation in purple - The rules

"Sounds like someone's been livin' in the past, man! Contemporize!"
    "I'm planning to live forever. So far, that's working perfectly." Steven Wright

As someone who was an avid CQ poster and space advocate throughout my teen years, I would certainly be flattered to think this was the case... but I don’t know that my contributions were really that much more significant than anyone else’s.
    The greatest journey of all time, for all to see
    Every mission makes our dreams reality
    And our destiny begins with you and me
    Through all space and time, the achievement of mankind
    As we sail the sea of discovery, on heroes’ wings we fly!

Quote Originally Posted by KaiYeves View Post
    As someone who was an avid CQ poster and space advocate throughout my teen years, I would certainly be flattered to think this was the case... but I don’t know that my contributions were really that much more significant than anyone else’s.
    Nonsense. You gave us the SLS and a return to the Moon!
    There is something fascinating about science. One gets such wholesale returns of conjecture out of such a trifling investment of fact.
    — Mark Twain, Life on the Mississippi (1883)