Thread: Non-mainstream logic of moderators in ATM forum

Non-mainstream logic of moderators in ATM forum

I thougth I was banned some time ago, today I found I can login. It happened after following post:

In my theory I propose existense of more fundamental level of nature than spacetime observable by us. Obviously, it leads to difference in interpretations of wave function between quantum mechanics and my theory. It is expectable, and it cannot be used as argument against my theory.
    Moderator explained reason for suspension as:
    Ans,

You are not a moderator. You may not dictate what arguments can or cannot be used to refute your claims. In the ATM forum, it is your responsibility to demonstrate that your theory is more useful than the mainstream theory. Refutations based on mainstream theories are to be expected and you must deal with them.
    In science, if there is some difference in equations between theories, difference in interpretations between them is expectable and cannot be used as argument against theory. It is necessary to find predictions of new theory, compare it with results of experiments etc.
    Looking at the post of moderator, seems as logic of moderators in ATM forum is non-mainstream.
    If in the ATM forum difference in interpretations can be used as argument against theory, necessary to clarify logic.
    May you clarify logic which you use for ATM forum and difference of the logic from mainstream logic?

That seems like a pretty clear and logical exposition of the local rules for posting on this board.

Grant Hutchison
    Blog

Note:
    During life, we all develop attitudes and strategies to make our interactions with others more pleasant and useful. If I mention mine here, those comments can apply only to myself, my experiences and my situation. Such remarks cannot and should not be construed as dismissing, denigrating, devaluing or criticizing any different attitudes and strategies that other people have evolved as a result of their different situation and different experiences.

Whops

Speaking of logic errors, 'suspended' and 'banned' are two different things.

Quote Originally Posted by Ans View Post
    I thougth I was banned some time ago, today I found I can login. It happened after following post:[...]

Moderator explained reason for suspension as: [...]
    I feel I should clarify the circumstances: the reason given was for the infraction you received. You were not suspended for that post/infraction alone but due to the points accumulated from that and two prior infractions. You can read more about our infraction system here.

In science, if there is some difference in equations between theories, difference in interpretations between them is expectable and cannot be used as argument against theory.
    I'm not sure what you mean exactly by a "difference in interpretations" between theories...but in science, it is the basis and substance of an argument that determines its utility and not some convenient ad hoc rule you would use to exclude it.

It is necessary to find predictions of new theory, compare it with results of experiments etc.
    Not just, "compare it with results of experiments" but also compare your predictions to those of mainstream theory. Which predictions are better? Which theory is simpler? Which does so with fewer assumptions? It's your alternative theory, so those are questions you must deal with.
    Forum Rules►  ◄FAQ►  ◄ATM Forum Advice►  ◄Conspiracy Advice
    Click http://cosmoquest.org/forum/images/buttons/report-40b.png to report a post (even this one) to the moderation team.

Man is a tool-using animal. Nowhere do you find him without tools; without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all. Thomas Carlyle (1795-1881)

Whoops (mmine this time)

Quote Originally Posted by John Mendenhall View Post
    Speaking of logic errors, 'suspended' and 'banned' are two different things.
    My apoligies for the typo. That is, of course, suipposed to be 'whoops' in my previos post title.