Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Type A personality... doesn't exist. Sorry!

Speaking of albums (wink) there's the flip-side to employment. Here's some wall art we had in the sales office that was colorful.

In the more serious circumstances, I think it's important to at least be aware that police and sheriff departments have relationships with those that administer polygraphs. A number of years ago, two fellow employees claimed they saw a local sheriff department break-in, trigger the alarm, and take boxes from the chemical supplier store next door. This was about two weeks prior to the election for sheriff. They both elected to do a tv interview, though I cautioned them as to what would happen. I was wrong, it was worse than I thought it would be, which included the dubious results of the polygraph testing.
    Last edited by George; Yesterday at 06:22 PM.
    We know time flies, we just can't see its wings.

If people want to speak about polygraphy, can I suggest moving over to a new thread I've just opened. The first post is my dissertation on the mathematics of diagnostic tests, as applied to polygraphy.

Grant Hutchison
    Blog

Note:
    During life, we all develop attitudes and strategies to make our interactions with others more pleasant and useful. If I mention mine here, those comments can apply only to myself, my experiences and my situation. Such remarks cannot and should not be construed as dismissing, denigrating, devaluing or criticizing any different attitudes and strategies that other people have evolved as a result of their different situation and different experiences.

Removing classifications that indicate that the person being tested has dishonestly selected a specific set of answers, just because the Polygraph test has been rendered unlawful in certain situations, does not mean that there are no type A or B personalities, it just means that, compared with pre 1990 data, modern data will have all of these dishonest results mixed up across all classifications. GIGO.