Thread: My computer monitor only turns on when I turn it to 45-90 degrees from facing me

My computer monitor only turns on when I turn it to 45-90 degrees from facing me

For the life of me, I cannot formulate a scenario that would plausibly cause this.
    "Occam" is the name of the alien race that will enslave us all eventually. And they've got razors for hands. I don't know if that's true but it seems like the simplest answer."

Stephen Colbert.

Check the plugs. One of the plugs might be loose, and turning the monitor causes it to connect.
    There is something fascinating about science. One gets such wholesale returns of conjecture out of such a trifling investment of fact.
    Mark Twain, Life on the Mississippi (1883)

Yeah. Wonky power connector. Try a new lead. If that doesn't work, there's a problem with the power connection in the monitor.

Grant Hutchison
    Blog

Note:
    During life, we all develop attitudes and strategies to make our interactions with others more pleasant and useful. If I mention mine here, those comments can apply only to myself, my experiences and my situation. Such remarks cannot and should not be construed as dismissing, denigrating, devaluing or criticizing any different attitudes and strategies that other people have evolved as a result of their different situation and different experiences.

Tried that. That's what I figured. Oh well. Thank you :-)
    "Occam" is the name of the alien race that will enslave us all eventually. And they've got razors for hands. I don't know if that's true but it seems like the simplest answer."

Stephen Colbert.

Norfolk UK and some of me is in Northern France
    If you carefully measure the power connector, there are quite a few types, especially the diameter of the central pin, the components are cheap to buy and relatively easy to solder into place. If that is not possible solder the low voltage supply direct to the contacts, noting polarity of course. All those little connectors are weak links especially when strained sideways.
    sicut vis videre esto
    When we realize that patterns don't exist in the universe, they are a template that we hold to the universe to make sense of it, it all makes a lot more sense.
    Originally Posted by Ken G

Quote Originally Posted by parallaxicality View Post
    Tried that. That's what I figured. Oh well. Thank you :-)
    Sorry. This is ambiguous.

You tried it and it's still problem?

That doesn't rule it out as the problem; it just means it's worse than you assumed.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveC426913 View Post
    Sorry. This is ambiguous.

You tried it and it's still problem?

That doesn't rule it out as the problem; it just means it's worse than you assumed.
    And probably not the cable, but the connector on the monitor.

Grant Hutchison
    Blog

Note:
    During life, we all develop attitudes and strategies to make our interactions with others more pleasant and useful. If I mention mine here, those comments can apply only to myself, my experiences and my situation. Such remarks cannot and should not be construed as dismissing, denigrating, devaluing or criticizing any different attitudes and strategies that other people have evolved as a result of their different situation and different experiences.

Why not just move your chair and keyboard so you are in front of it again