Thread: LaTeX instructions?

LaTeX instructions?

Can someone point me to instructions on how to use LaTeX?

Norfolk UK and some of me is in Northern France
    there are LaTex tutorials and lists of symbols on line, easy to search for, e.g. search Latex symbols or Latex maths. When I tried to use LaTex some years ago on this forum the thing that tripped me up was the need to use a return at each line or equation, and someone here helped me out with that. You get started with a square bracket instruction like sub or bold. But I forgot, someone needs to remind us of the square brackets word, it's tex or latex I guess.
    sicut vis videre esto
    When we realize that patterns don't exist in the universe, they are a template that we hold to the universe to make sense of it, it all makes a lot more sense.
    Originally Posted by Ken G

I expect you mean how to use it on the forum, as the question is in the feedback section. That answer is in the FAQ, or is it not correct anymore? Also, my full editor (not the quick reply) shows a LaTeX quick menu for easy access to several symbols, it may or may not show on yours depending on editor settings in your forum settings.

Moderator comments in this color | Get moderator attention using the lower left icon:
    Recommended reading: Forum Rules * Forum FAQs * Conspiracy Theory Advice * Alternate Theory Advocates Advice

Quote Originally Posted by slang View Post
    I expect you mean how to use it on the forum, as the question is in the feedback section. That answer is in the FAQ, or is it not correct anymore? Also, my full editor (not the quick reply) shows a LaTeX quick menu for easy access to several symbols, it may or may not show on yours depending on editor settings in your forum settings.
    Thanks for your prompt reply. The menu shows up for me, but I just don't know how to use it. I will check the FAQ.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    Thanks for your prompt reply. The menu shows up for me, but I just don't know how to use it. I will check the FAQ.
    Thanks again. I am getting in some good drill with it.

If you want to know how to post LaTeX in the board, quote my reply to see how I did this:

If you want to download compilers, possibly editors (you can just use an ordinary text editor if you like), and LaTeX packages so you can create independent documents using LaTeX, mention your operating system - the answer will depend on the OS.

If you already have it installed and want to know how to write documents in LaTeX, well, that's a life's work. It would be helpful to know your present level of skill.
    Last edited by 21st Century Schizoid Man; 2018-Dec-04 at 11:27 AM.