Thread: RIP Ken Berry

RIP Ken Berry

He reached the good age of 85. https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...-was-85-999739
    F Troop is a fondly remembered memory from my childhood and I always enjoyed his playing of Captain Parmenter. He seems to have been a well liked man.

As I know you know, since you commented on the article, I didn't realize who he was until I saw a picture. The picture I saw was from F Troop; my memory was not! http://www.the-solute.com/this-isnt-...rry-1933-2018/

"Now everyone was giving her that kind of look UFOlogists get when they suddenly say, 'Hey, if you shade your eyes you can see it is just a flock of geese after all.'"

"You can't erase icing."

"I can't believe it doesn't work! I found it on the internet, man!"

My first remembrance was the Cat From Outer Space, that was what Gillianren was linking, then onto Mama's Family.

Post F-Troop, Berry was also a Hail Mary replacement for Andy Griffith on Mayberry RFD, it lasted 3 seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Gillianren View Post
    As I know you know, since you commented on the article, I didn't realize who he was until I saw a picture. The picture I saw was from F Troop; my memory was not! http://www.the-solute.com/this-isnt-...rry-1933-2018/
    I really only knew him from F Troop. I am not even sure if Mayberry RFD or Mama's Family were ever shown on Australian TV. I certainly have no recollection of seeing them. Because F Troop was a hit over here when I was at a pretty impressionable stage - 12 or 14 - it stuck in my mind. It was also the show that introduced me to the face of that grand eccentric Edward Everett Horton. His voice was familiar because of "Fractured Fairy Tales" etc from Rocky and Bullwinkle.

Quote Originally Posted by Spacedude View Post
    Post F-Troop, Berry was also a Hail Mary replacement for Andy Griffith on Mayberry RFD, it lasted 3 seasons.
    I'm kind of astounded to be reminded it lasted that long! RIP, Captain Parmenter.
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

In a nice co-incidence I watched an episode of The Dick Van Dyke Show" on the local Community TV station tonight and Ken Berry had a small part in it as a choreographer.