Thread: anyone else hate having to sleep?

anyone else hate having to sleep?

due to various reasons I now hate having to sleep
    i wish scientists could/would come up with something that would eliminate the need for sleep
    a pill, injection, something

anyone else feel the same?

I don't like having to go to bed just as much as I don't like having to get out of it, so it evens out.

Years ago I read that some experiment demonstrated that accelerated dreaming (achieved via some kind of mind stimulation) would permit one to get by on less sleep. As if the primary purpose of sleeping was not to rest the body, but to unwind the mind. Hadn't heard anything lately.

Nope.
    In fact, if Iím doing a task that is particularly complex or requiring my complete attention, I feel like my mind gets clogged after a while. A short nap works wonders to clear my head to move onto the next task.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I may have many faults, but being wrong ain't one of them. - Jimmy Hoffa

I love sleeping, just ask my wife.
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

I've sometimes felt like that, like I just want to stay awake and do things.

Mostly I like going to bed with a nice zopiclone, recently.
    Formerly Frog march.

Like sleep but have problems going to sleep.
    From the wilderness to the cosmos.
    You can not be afraid of the wind, Enterprise: Broken Bow.
    https://davidsuniverse.wordpress.com/

All my life, I've found going to sleep after a period of study results in a clearer understanding in the morning. So I'm all for sleep.

Grant Hutchison
    Blog

Note:
    During life, we all develop attitudes and strategies to make our interactions with others more pleasant and useful. If I mention mine here, those comments can apply only to myself, my experiences and my situation. Such remarks cannot and should not be construed as dismissing, denigrating, devaluing or criticizing any different attitudes and strategies that other people have evolved as a result of their different situation and different experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
    I love sleeping, just ask my wife.
    Same for me especially naps in the afternoon.

My wife and I contemplated calling our bosses to inform them we're hibernating.

Sometimes though, when I'm busy in my workshop or when I'm programming, I just want to keep going.

Quote Originally Posted by DonM435 View Post
    Years ago I read that some experiment demonstrated that accelerated dreaming (achieved via some kind of mind stimulation) would permit one to get by on less sleep.
    Reminds me of an old Dr Who episode I watched recently!

Quote Originally Posted by grant hutchison View Post
    All my life, I've found going to sleep after a period of study results in a clearer understanding in the morning. So I'm all for sleep.
    And learning new skills. I remember seeing something about a study on this. Maybe I'll look for it in the morning.

Agree with Grant & Strange, sleeping on "it" really helps, esp when working on a new project and there are several ways to go about doing it. Sleeping on it seems to help resolve the unexpected problems encountered along the way.

I mean, I could get more done if I didn't have to, but I enjoy dreaming and waking up refreshed.
    The greatest journey of all time, for all to see
    Every mission makes our dreams reality
    And our destiny begins with you and me
    Through all space and time, the achievement of mankind
    As we sail the sea of discovery, on heroesí wings we fly!

Quote Originally Posted by DonM435 View Post
    As if the primary purpose of sleeping was not to rest the body, but to unwind the mind. Hadn't heard anything lately.
    That seems intuitive. If it were just to rest our bodies, then just sitting down and retaking normal consciousness would be sufficient.

As above, so below

Quote Originally Posted by Strange View Post
    Reminds me of an old Dr Who episode I watched recently!
    Yes, but I really did read it long ago. I think it was Arthur C. Clarke reporting!

Quote Originally Posted by Jens View Post
    That seems intuitive. If it were just to rest our bodies, then just sitting down and retaking normal consciousness would be sufficient.

I'm not medically schooled, but I thought I read sleep also helps to heal (restore, regenerate, repair, whatever) your organs, and apart from that I can imagine your body gets a much better rest when sleeping rather than just sitting down.

Even zebrafish appear to sleep, and I doubt a mind that has a 3 second memory would need hours to unwind. In the case of our mind, I think it doesn't hurt to give it a bit of downtime for a couple of hours.

Although some people seem to be able to access the dreaming state without sleeping, it's generally unhealthy. Even having experienced nightmares, I wouldn't want to give em up.

Quote Originally Posted by grapes View Post
    Although some people seem to be able to access the dreaming state without sleeping, it's generally unhealthy.
    I have certainly started hallucinating and becoming "detached" from reality after too long without sleep. I suppose that could the dream state trying to take over even though you are awake.

If there were a way to do without it and still be mentally and physically healthy, I'd be on it like a shot.
    "I'm planning to live forever. So far, that's working perfectly." Steven Wright

I guess different people think of it differently, but I like sleeping!
    As above, so below

I look forward to going to sleep because I know how refreshed I'll feel after I've had a good one. Trouble is I seldom do these days, so I find that I don't want to get up in a morning.

When I was young, napping would pretty much destroy me for the rest of the day. It was as if my body, having gone to sleep, expected the full time. Now that I'm older, napping is awesome and refreshing.
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

Same here. I enjoy my sleep--when I can get it.

I wish I could stay in my dreams.