Thread: citation

citation

I was wondering how a citation is counted. If one is cited on arxiv or vixra, is that counted as a citation?
    The moment an instant lasted forever, we were destined for the leading edge of eternity.

Citation counts occur on many levels, journal, author, etc. Something in arxiv probably doesn't count because it's pre-print. However, there should be a subset of arxiv accessible papers which make it to print, which should count. "Citation Count" over on wikipedia might be helpful. Funny that most people don't (or shouldn't) cite wikipedia yet I am referring to it.
    Solfe

Quote Originally Posted by Solfe View Post
    Citation counts occur on many levels, journal, author, etc. Something in arxiv probably doesn't count because it's pre-print. However, there should be a subset of arxiv accessible papers which make it to print, which should count. "Citation Count" over on wikipedia might be helpful. Funny that most people don't (or shouldn't) cite wikipedia yet I am referring to it.
    Haha!
    The moment an instant lasted forever, we were destined for the leading edge of eternity.