Thread: ‘Star Trek’ Animated Series on Nickelodeon

‘Star Trek’ Animated Series on Nickelodeon

Nickelodeon has given a green light to an animated Star Trek series from Emmy-winning writers Kevin and Dan Hageman (Trollhunters, Ninjago), CBS TV Studios and Alex Kurtzman’s studio-based Secret Hideout. ... It follows a group of lawless teens who discover a derelict Starfleet ship and use it to search for adventure, meaning and salvation.
    https://deadline.com/2019/04/star-tr...rs-1202601107/

Interesting, but even more so is this bit from the same article.

The new animated series will join "Star Trek: Discovery" and "Star Trek: Short Treks", a series of short stories tied to Discovery, along with "Picard" (working title) starring Patrick Stewart; animated series "Lower Decks" from Mike McMahan (Rick & Morty’s) targeted at mature audiences; and "Section 31," which is in development with Michelle Yeoh attached to star. All are for CBS All Access.
    (POSSIBLE SPOILER: I thought Giorgiou was on Discovery when it went through the wormhole.)
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by ignorance or stupidity.
    Isaac Asimov

You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don’t alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views.
    Doctor Who

Moderation will be in purple.
    Rules for Posting to This Board

We've loved Trollhunters, so I suspect the writing will be good. I actually just mentioned the show the other day as an example of a show that makes you believe that every character in it would be interesting to learn more about.

"Now everyone was giving her that kind of look UFOlogists get when they suddenly say, 'Hey, if you shade your eyes you can see it is just a flock of geese after all.'"

"You can't erase icing."

"I can't believe it doesn't work! I found it on the internet, man!"

I thought this was about the first animated series which I have not seen.
    From the wilderness into the cosmos.
    You can not be afraid of the wind, Enterprise: Broken Bow.
    https://davidsuniverse.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by The Backroad Astronomer View Post
    I thought this was about the first animated series which I have not seen.
    I tried, when I did my "watch all Star Trek" thing over the last year. Actually found I couldn't sit through that nor TOS. (Though did watch the pilot and related TOS episode, which turned out useful for Discovery.). I'd try again, but there's too much good new content. Looking forward to the above.

Another show I'd read was in consideration was something with Pike - something fans had apparently petitioned for. Don't know likelihood.
    Measure once, cut twice. Practice makes perfect.
    Yeah, yeah, right, right. Okay.

Seems familiar
    https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki...Final_Frontier

The animated Trek series is getting book treatment
    https://trekcore.com/blog/2019/03/of...ook-announced/

A nice write-up on ship models, BTW
    https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Studio_model
    Last edited by publiusr; 2019-Apr-30 at 06:45 PM.

Glom is offline Insert awesome title here
    TAS is compulsive Saturday breakfast viewing.

Quote Originally Posted by pzkpfw View Post
    I tried, when I did my "watch all Star Trek" thing over the last year. Actually found I couldn't sit through that nor TOS. (Though did watch the pilot and related TOS episode, which turned out useful for Discovery.). I'd try again, but there's too much good new content. Looking forward to the above.

Another show I'd read was in consideration was something with Pike - something fans had apparently petitioned for. Don't know likelihood.
    Wow, somebody said they didn’t like TOS on CQ and they’re still alive and unbeaten? The times really are changing...
    The greatest journey of all time, for all to see
    Every mission makes our dreams reality
    And our destiny begins with you and me
    Through all space and time, the achievement of mankind
    As we sail the sea of discovery, on heroes’ wings we fly!

Quote Originally Posted by KaiYeves View Post
    Wow, somebody said they didn’t like TOS on CQ and they’re still alive and unbeaten? The times really are changing...
    The oversight panel is reviewing his case at the moment.
    From the wilderness into the cosmos.
    You can not be afraid of the wind, Enterprise: Broken Bow.
    https://davidsuniverse.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by pzkpfw View Post
    I've found myself really liking Discovery's Pike. I'd like to see a show centered on him.
    Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn

I miss the beard from Hell On Wheels. Also-Jason Momoa looks like old Aquaman, after shaving.

Ooh, ooh, a tribble ornament! Put one on your tree tonight and have many, many more in the morning.
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by ignorance or stupidity.
    Isaac Asimov

You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don’t alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views.
    Doctor Who

Moderation will be in purple.
    Rules for Posting to This Board

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Ooh, ooh, a tribble ornament! Put one on your tree tonight and have many, many more in the morning.
    Not recommended for Klingon Christmas.
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

All moderation in purple - The rules

meh, star trek's animated series has a clean, essential style and is much better than I expected...

teen generations now seem enjoying the most CRAPPY tv series of my infant age...

Last edited by Barabino; 2019-Jul-30 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    We got one (two, actually) and I just did the requisite surgery to install batteries (and then opened it up again on realizing there was a switch inside). Got a cat's attention from three rooms away. I look forward to various uses, right next to the ping-pong balls marked to look like eyeballs.