Thread: The New Movie - Don't spoil it thread

The New Movie - Don't spoil it thread

I took the kids to see Avengers:Endgame today. Best movie experience in a long time.

I was surprised to see many people with autism both working at the theater and enjoying the movie. The theater didn't entirely douse the lights nor did they crank up the volume for the showing. It was actually one of the most pleasant movie viewings I have ever had. If I had known that they did sensory aware showings, I would started going there years ago.

There was none of that, "What did he say?" followed by ear shattering explosions. I hate it when you can't hear what the actors are saying because the sound system is distorted all to heck because they want the explosions to shake the house.

As for the film, it was one heck of a roller coaster ride.
    Solfe

Quote Originally Posted by Solfe View Post

As for the film, it was one heck of a roller coaster ride.

Best ride ever....... I never would have imagined how satisfying I found this finale. A few plot points I have issues with, but overall an amazing experience.

Thanks Marvel for not only bringing my favorite childhood escape medium to life but for doing so in a way that exceeded all my expectations.

It's three hours long with no intermission. My bladder says "wait for the DVD."

Quote Originally Posted by schlaugh View Post
    It's three hours long with no intermission. My bladder says "wait for the DVD."
    There are articles on is the best time to take a restroom break during endgame.

Like this one
    https://www.cnet.com/how-to/when-to-...n-for-it-here/

Quote Originally Posted by Hokie View Post
    There are articles on is the best time to take a restroom break during endgame.

Like this one
    https://www.cnet.com/how-to/when-to-...n-for-it-here/
    Ha! Thank you but I may still wait for the DVD, if only to address my attention span disorder.

Feel free to add other spoiler-less movie experiences to the thread. I didn't mean for this to be all about Avengers.
    Solfe

I was unaware that “sensory aware” showings are a thing. It seems like a good idea. But, you promised there wouldn’t be any spoilers- now, I know that there are explosions in the Avengers movie ;-)

Personally, I don’t plan to see it at the theater. I’ve had more than enough super hero movies for one lifetime. But apparently, the larger movie-going market disagrees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I may have many faults, but being wrong ain't one of them. - Jimmy Hoffa

Thx for not spoiling, we plan to see it this coming week. Be interesting to see how AntMan gets out of his predicament.

Quote Originally Posted by Extravoice View Post
    I was unaware that “sensory aware” showings are a thing. It seems like a good idea. But, you promised there wouldn’t be any spoilers- now, I know that there are explosions in the Avengers movie ;-)

Personally, I don’t plan to see it at the theater. I’ve had more than enough super hero movies for one lifetime. But apparently, the larger movie-going market disagrees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Our AMC theaters have Sensory Saturdays twice a month. The expectation is that the lights stay on, the volume is down and there is a good chance someone will get up, run around, sing, shout or dance during the showing. It's hashtagged AMCSensoryFriendly.
    Solfe

I can now say I have Thor's build.

I have Thor many times in life.
    From the wilderness into the cosmos.
    You can not be afraid of the wind, Enterprise: Broken Bow.
    https://davidsuniverse.wordpress.com/