Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: The New Movie - Don't spoil it thread

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Depew, NY
    Posts
    11,747

    The New Movie - Don't spoil it thread

    I took the kids to see Avengers:Endgame today. Best movie experience in a long time.

    I was surprised to see many people with autism both working at the theater and enjoying the movie. The theater didn't entirely douse the lights nor did they crank up the volume for the showing. It was actually one of the most pleasant movie viewings I have ever had. If I had known that they did sensory aware showings, I would started going there years ago.

    There was none of that, "What did he say?" followed by ear shattering explosions. I hate it when you can't hear what the actors are saying because the sound system is distorted all to heck because they want the explosions to shake the house.

    As for the film, it was one heck of a roller coaster ride.
    Solfe

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by Solfe View Post

    As for the film, it was one heck of a roller coaster ride.

    Best ride ever....... I never would have imagined how satisfying I found this finale. A few plot points I have issues with, but overall an amazing experience.

    Thanks Marvel for not only bringing my favorite childhood escape medium to life but for doing so in a way that exceeded all my expectations.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    NEOTP Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    2,701
    It's three hours long with no intermission. My bladder says "wait for the DVD."

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    173
    Quote Originally Posted by schlaugh View Post
    It's three hours long with no intermission. My bladder says "wait for the DVD."
    There are articles on is the best time to take a restroom break during endgame.

    Like this one
    https://www.cnet.com/how-to/when-to-...n-for-it-here/

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    NEOTP Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    2,701
    Quote Originally Posted by Hokie View Post
    There are articles on is the best time to take a restroom break during endgame.

    Like this one
    https://www.cnet.com/how-to/when-to-...n-for-it-here/
    Ha! Thank you but I may still wait for the DVD, if only to address my attention span disorder.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Depew, NY
    Posts
    11,747
    Feel free to add other spoiler-less movie experiences to the thread. I didn't mean for this to be all about Avengers.
    Solfe

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    No longer near Grover's Mill
    Posts
    4,797
    I was unaware that “sensory aware” showings are a thing. It seems like a good idea. But, you promised there wouldn’t be any spoilers- now, I know that there are explosions in the Avengers movie ;-)

    Personally, I don’t plan to see it at the theater. I’ve had more than enough super hero movies for one lifetime. But apparently, the larger movie-going market disagrees.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I may have many faults, but being wrong ain't one of them. - Jimmy Hoffa

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Central Virginia
    Posts
    1,888
    Thx for not spoiling, we plan to see it this coming week. Be interesting to see how AntMan gets out of his predicament.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Depew, NY
    Posts
    11,747
    Quote Originally Posted by Extravoice View Post
    I was unaware that “sensory aware” showings are a thing. It seems like a good idea. But, you promised there wouldn’t be any spoilers- now, I know that there are explosions in the Avengers movie ;-)

    Personally, I don’t plan to see it at the theater. I’ve had more than enough super hero movies for one lifetime. But apparently, the larger movie-going market disagrees.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Our AMC theaters have Sensory Saturdays twice a month. The expectation is that the lights stay on, the volume is down and there is a good chance someone will get up, run around, sing, shout or dance during the showing. It's hashtagged AMCSensoryFriendly.
    Solfe

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    11,319
    I can now say I have Thor's build.

  11. #11
    I have Thor many times in life.
    From the wilderness into the cosmos.
    You can not be afraid of the wind, Enterprise: Broken Bow.
    https://davidsuniverse.wordpress.com/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •