Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 47 of 47

Thread: Dark Matter exists, end of discussion

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    13,554
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Tate View Post
    As usual, phys.org is guilty of wild exaggeration.
    As far as I know, and this has come up before, phys.org does not exaggerate but essentially reprint press releases. So I suspect any exaggeration comes from the institutionís press release. Phys.org is basically an aggregation site.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    As above, so below

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    728
    Quote Originally Posted by Jens View Post
    As far as I know, and this has come up before, phys.org does not exaggerate but essentially reprint press releases. So I suspect any exaggeration comes from the institutionís press release. Phys.org is basically an aggregation site.
    Yes, my bad.

    The physics.org page is the same as the SISSA PR, modulo some formatting (I wonít comment on physics.org in general).

    The Business Insider page is bad for a very common reason: it does not provide a link to the source (PR, preprint, paper). Worse: it states that itís a translation of an article which is on a sister site (BI Deutschland), and even gives a link ... which does NOT take you to that article!

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,648
    Nobady doubts the Dark Matter Effect exists. The problem is what it causes. Surely not a material particle of the Dark Matter - it is not found after the decades of observation. Probably not MOND - it needs differend modifications of Newtonian law in different galaxies. My favorite is the differential (variable) immaterial vacuum density (distribution of the quantum events probability, virtual particles-antiparticles).
    The time dilation on GPS clocs and curvature of the space-time confirm different vacuum density.
    czeslaw

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    3,139
    The very idea of there being invisible stuff in the universe makes me happy. Confused, puzzled, agog, but happy. Delighted even. [shout] SCIENCE!
    There is something fascinating about science. One gets such wholesale returns of conjecture out of such a trifling investment of fact.
    ó Mark Twain, Life on the Mississippi (1883)

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    a long way away
    Posts
    10,634
    Quote Originally Posted by czeslaw View Post
    Surely not a material particle of the Dark Matter - it is not found after the decades of observation.
    Being hard to find does not mean it doesn't exist. It took decades to detect neutrinos. Almost inevitably, it becomes harder to find new particles - because we have already seen the easy ones.

    Why It's Meaningless That Dark Matter Experiments Haven't Found Anything

    My favorite is the differential (variable) immaterial vacuum density ...
    There is no such thing.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,648
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange View Post
    Being hard to find does not mean it doesn't exist. It took decades to detect neutrinos. Almost inevitably, it becomes harder to find new particles - because we have already seen the easy ones.

    Why It's Meaningless That Dark Matter Experiments Haven't Found Anything
    There is no such thing.
    Thank you Strange for this link. It is interesting and important. The example: The neutrons and protons consists of quarks and gluons which are not the material partcles and do not exist alone. It is a pure mathematics.
    The space-time also do not exist as a material ether. It is just a pure mathematics. Nevertheless it may be curved and interact via the virtual particles-antiparticles with the real matter.
    We are bound to image of a particle. O.K. let's be a virtual particle.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nowhere (middle)
    Posts
    36,940
    Quote Originally Posted by czeslaw View Post
    Thank you Strange for this link. It is interesting and important. The example: The neutrons and protons consists of quarks and gluons which are not the material partcles and do not exist alone. It is a pure mathematics.
    The space-time also do not exist as a material ether. It is just a pure mathematics. Nevertheless it may be curved and interact via the virtual particles-antiparticles with the real matter.
    We are bound to image of a particle. O.K. let's be a virtual particle.
    What do you consider "real matter"?
    "I'm planning to live forever. So far, that's working perfectly." Steven Wright

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Peters Creek, Alaska
    Posts
    12,670
    Quote Originally Posted by czeslaw View Post
    Nobady doubts the Dark Matter Effect exists. The problem is what it causes. Surely not a material particle of the Dark Matter - it is not found after the decades of observation. Probably not MOND - it needs differend modifications of Newtonian law in different galaxies. My favorite is the differential (variable) immaterial vacuum density (distribution of the quantum events probability, virtual particles-antiparticles).
    The time dilation on GPS clocs and curvature of the space-time confirm different vacuum density.
    czeslaw
    If you have an alternative explanation of dark matter, this is not the thread in which to advocate it.
    Forum Rules►  ◄FAQ►  ◄ATM Forum Advice►  ◄Conspiracy Advice
    Click http://cosmoquest.org/forum/images/buttons/report-40b.png to report a post (even this one) to the moderation team.


    Man is a tool-using animal. Nowhere do you find him without tools; without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all. ó Thomas Carlyle (1795-1881)

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    a long way away
    Posts
    10,634
    Quote Originally Posted by czeslaw View Post
    Thank you Strange for this link. It is interesting and important. The example: The neutrons and protons consists of quarks and gluons which are not the material partcles and do not exist alone. It is a pure mathematics.
    They are material particles (they are particles that make up matter; if you mean something else then you need to be clearer).

    They are not pure mathematics: we can detect, measure and use them.

    The space-time also do not exist as a material ether. It is just a pure mathematics.
    Space and time are not material (obviously) but neither are they pure mathematics. We can measure distances and times. So they are not purely abstractions. And we can measure how they change depending on relative motion, the presence of mass, etc.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,648
    The Dark Matter Effect exists and it is measured. The problem is what causes the effect. Very good example are Quarks and Barions. Due to a phenomenon known as color confinement, quarks are never directly observed or found in isolation; they can be found only within hadrons, which include baryons (such as protons and neutrons) and mesons. For this reason, much of what is known about quarks has been drawn from observations of hadrons.
    The same is Dark Matter and Barion Matter. The DM particles are never directly observed or found in isolation. They can be found only within the galaxies or clusters and for this reason, much of what is known about DM effect has been drawn from observation of galaxies.
    Michelson-Morley experiment proves the material Aether does not exist but the space-time behaves like a real matter. It contains the virtual particles-antiparticles and GPS cloks measures their relative density.
    The galaxies move faster in rare vacuum. It is confirmed 2 years ago. The stars are swept out from the Cosmic Voids - https://www.skyandtelescope.com/astr...ay-3001201723/

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    a long way away
    Posts
    10,634
    Quote Originally Posted by czeslaw View Post
    The galaxies move faster in rare vacuum. It is confirmed 2 years ago. The stars are swept out from the Cosmic Voids - https://www.skyandtelescope.com/astr...ay-3001201723/
    That article doesn't say what you claim.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,648
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange View Post
    That article doesn't say what you claim.
    The cosmic void is a space where time flows faster than close to galaxy. Therefore the phenomenon of repelling of a matter from the void is observed.
    This thread is not for new theories. It is a simple physical fact : rare vacuum = faster processes.

    According to the Dark Matter Effect, I consider the analogy : Quarks and Virtual Particles-Antiparticles. Both of them do not exist independent but create the reality: matter and vacuum (space-time).

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Massachusetts, USA
    Posts
    21,846
    Quote Originally Posted by czeslaw View Post
    The cosmic void is a space where time flows faster than close to galaxy. ...
    Do you have a sense of how much faster the time flows in the void compared to say in our Oort cloud? (near us, in the Milky Way's gravity, but not especially close to the Sun's gravity)
    Forming opinions as we speak

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,648
    This thread is not against the mainstream. I wrote that according to gravitational time dilation in the Cosmic Void time flows faster. Therefore it drives the motion of the matter in the Void and sweep it out of the Void.
    My sugestion in this threat is that the components of the barions works like virtual particles-antiparticles in the vacuum. The sea of the quarks-antiquarks create matter and relative density of the virtual particles-antiparticles create curvature of the space-time. On the cosmic scale it may create Dark Matter Effect.
    On a small scale of Solar System it works due to known Newton's law. On the Cosmic Scale it should include Dark Matter Effect as differential Vacuum Density.
    The particles of DM may be the Virtual P-A like quarks in hadrons.
    Just a parallelism.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    728
    Quote Originally Posted by czeslaw View Post
    This thread is not against the mainstream.
    I must say that, as I read your posts, you are very much advocating an ATM idea. For example:

    I wrote that according to gravitational time dilation in the Cosmic Void time flows faster.
    No it doesn't. In its own frame, time passes exactly the same. When viewed from a different frame, there will be time dilation. However, you did not answer antoniseb's question ... how much faster? and compared to (or with) what?

    Therefore it drives the motion of the matter in the Void and sweep it out of the Void.
    This is very much an ATM idea! "gravitational time dilation" does not "drive the motion of matter" anywhere.

    Perhaps you could explain where you got this idea from?

    My sugestion in this threat is that the components of the barions works like virtual particles-antiparticles in the vacuum. The sea of the quarks-antiquarks create matter and relative density of the virtual particles-antiparticles create curvature of the space-time. On the cosmic scale it may create Dark Matter Effect.
    Which I'm sure even you would agree is very much an ATM idea.

    On a small scale of Solar System it works due to known Newton's law. On the Cosmic Scale it should include Dark Matter Effect as differential Vacuum Density.
    The particles of DM may be the Virtual P-A like quarks in hadrons.
    Just a parallelism.
    Again, an ATM idea, right?

  16. #46
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    The beautiful north coast (Ohio)
    Posts
    48,925
    closed pending moderator discussion
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

    All moderation in purple - The rules

  17. #47
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    The beautiful north coast (Ohio)
    Posts
    48,925
    Quote Originally Posted by czeslaw View Post
    This thread is not against the mainstream. I wrote that according to gravitational time dilation in the Cosmic Void time flows faster. Therefore it drives the motion of the matter in the Void and sweep it out of the Void.
    My sugestion in this threat is that the components of the barions works like virtual particles-antiparticles in the vacuum. The sea of the quarks-antiquarks create matter and relative density of the virtual particles-antiparticles create curvature of the space-time. On the cosmic scale it may create Dark Matter Effect.
    On a small scale of Solar System it works due to known Newton's law. On the Cosmic Scale it should include Dark Matter Effect as differential Vacuum Density.
    The particles of DM may be the Virtual P-A like quarks in hadrons.
    Just a parallelism.
    After discussion the Moderation team has decided upon an infraction and suspension for advocating ATM outside of ATM (after a warning to stop doing so) and for arguing moderation. Posting "this is not against the mainstream" when you have been told otherwise by a moderator, is not the proper way to handle this.

    And the thread will remain closed.
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

    All moderation in purple - The rules

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •