Thread: Passing of Doris Day at 97

Passing of Doris Day at 97

She certainly lived a long and rich life. Incredibly talented and beautiful. A great singer and more than competent actor with a very long career. Starting as a dancer before injury forced her, probably fortunately, to become a singer.

Her singing career began with the Big Bands in the 1940's before she branched out into her solo career. She seemed to have been unlucky with her marriages but also seemed to have found peace and fulfillment with her work for animal charities later in life.

Unlucky in marriage for sure with her fortune wasted and nearly put her in the poor house, but she preserved and continued. She was one of my favorite actresses growing up in the 50-60's. RIP Doris, you will be missed.

I didn't write an obituary about her, because I discovered when writing about her for Celebrating the Living that she didn't like funerals. I hope her wishes about that are respected.

"Now everyone was giving her that kind of look UFOlogists get when they suddenly say, 'Hey, if you shade your eyes you can see it is just a flock of geese after all.'"

"You can't erase icing."

"I can't believe it doesn't work! I found it on the internet, man!"

Quote Originally Posted by Gillianren View Post
    I didn't write an obituary about her, because I discovered when writing about her for Celebrating the Living that she didn't like funerals. I hope her wishes about that are respected.
    Looks like.

Why Doris Day Will Have 'No Funeral, No Memorial and No Marker': 'She Didn't Like Death'
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/cele...XID?li=BBnb7Kz

Doris Day always came across as pleasant and approachable, not wrapped up in her celebrity. She was fun to watch in any role, putting much of herself into each very distinct character.

And she loved animals.
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by ignorance or stupidity.
    Isaac Asimov

You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don’t alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views.
    Doctor Who

Moderation will be in purple.
    Rules for Posting to This Board

Quote Originally Posted by Gillianren View Post
    I hope so too. My mother-in-law felt the same way and we had no funeral service but instead had a get together of friends a few weeks later for a pleasant afternoon tea.

Que será, será
    Whatever will be, will be
    The future's not ours to see
    Que será, será