Thread: Apologies all around.

Apologies all around.

I've been kind of a butt lately on this forum, and I am sorry for my abrasive behavior. Going through some meds changes. I offer this not as an excuse, but perhaps just a mitigating factor. I am trying to take more responsibility for my actions; I could have behaved better despite my personal issues.

In the future I'll try to monitor my tone a bit more carefully. And I'd appreciate a PM if you think I need to reign in my temper, as I often do, or need to relax my stubbornness as I often do.

Again, sorry to those I offended or irritated. I'm a work in progress.

---Noclevername
    "I'm planning to live forever. So far, that's working perfectly." Steven Wright

:nod:

Quote Originally Posted by Noclevername View Post
    I've been kind of a butt lately on this forum, and I am sorry for my abrasive behavior. Going through some meds changes.
    Enjoying your posts, have been through med changes myself. Cannot ever again take Wellbutrin (provokes screaming rages), must occasionally take Klonopin (to avoid same). All good here.
    There is something fascinating about science. One gets such wholesale returns of conjecture out of such a trifling investment of fact.
    Mark Twain, Life on the Mississippi (1883)

Quote Originally Posted by Roger E. Moore View Post
    Enjoying your posts, have been through med changes myself. Cannot ever again take Wellbutrin (provokes screaming rages), must occasionally take Klonopin (to avoid same). All good here.
    I've had meds that made me vomit, meds that made me violent, and meds that made me literally sleep 23 hours a day. Finding a functional mix took two decades of trial and error. It's a lovely biochemical crapshoot the doctors play with our bodies...

I've had meds that made me vomit, meds that made me violent, and meds that made me literally sleep 23 hours a day. Finding a functional mix took two decades of trial and error. It's a lovely biochemical crapshoot the doctors play with our bodies...
    I don't think it can be helped. All my time working in mental health (especially at Central State Hospital in Louisville) convinced me that we're all like little aliens with completely different biological systems. I've seen people run around with enough meds in them to drop an elephant, and I've seen people incapacitated by the littlest doses. I know I can take very small doses ("subclinical") of some meds and still get a jolt from them. It's not a placebo effect, the result is real but not a full effect. It's weird how that works. It doesn't help that no one has any idea of how psychotropic meds work. All the movies about them include the tag line, "This is what doctors think is what is going on, but we're not sure." Then you get the cartoons of the synapses firing.
    Last edited by Roger E. Moore; 2019-May-16 at 01:03 PM.
    There is something fascinating about science. One gets such wholesale returns of conjecture out of such a trifling investment of fact.

As a practical result, it's just good practice to try a series of meds until you get the one that's golden. I went through a half-dozen bummers before my good buddy Luvox showed up. That's my miracle drug. The search is frustrating but you just gotta keep at it, the win is around the corner.

I don't think it can be helped. All my time working in mental health (especially at Central State Hospital in Louisville) convinced me that we're all like little aliens with completely different biological systems. I've seen people run around with enough meds in them to drop an elephant, and I've seen people incapacitated by the littlest doses.
    One Size Fits None. But at least these days the medical establishment knows and acknowledges that everyone's reaction is different. My Mom is a retired RN, she saw the 1960s version. Cookie-cutter medicine, you'd fit the mold or you'd be left to suffer.

One Size Fits None.
    I'd say "One Size Fits One."

As a practical result, it's just good practice to try a series of meds until you get the one that's golden. I went through a half-dozen bummers before my good buddy Luvox showed up. That's my miracle drug. The search is frustrating but you just gotta keep at it, the win is around the corner.
    Absolutely. I'm a totally different personality now than I was 20 years ago. I would hate to go back to that state; it was hellish for me. Now all I can do is minor tweaks and adjustments.

Yes. Exactly.

I don't haunt the halls of CQ as much as many but I haven't noticed any abrasiveness on your part. That said, kudos on issuing an apology if it was required.

Quote Originally Posted by geonuc View Post
    I don't haunt the halls of CQ as much as many but I haven't noticed any abrasiveness on your part. That said, kudos on issuing an apology if it was required.
    I got a bit salty with others in a few threads

I don't think it can be helped. All my time working in mental health (especially at Central State Hospital in Louisville) convinced me that we're all like little aliens with completely different biological systems. I've seen people run around with enough meds in them to drop an elephant, and I've seen people incapacitated by the littlest doses. I know I can take very small doses ("subclinical") of some meds and still get a jolt from them. It's not a placebo effect, the result is real but not a full effect. It's weird how that works. It doesn't help that no one has any idea of how psychotropic meds work. All the movies about them include the tag line, "This is what doctors think is what is going on, but we're not sure." Then you get the cartoons of the synapses firing.
    It isn't just the psychotropic meds, but lots of things, even something as simple as which over-the-counter pain meds work (or don't) for a person. It also seems that both diseases and our responses to the drugs change over time, both long term trends and periodic fluctuations.

I suspect someday medicine will figure this all out, but I also suspect it won't be in my lifetime.

@NCN - I hadn't noticed any concerns, but maybe I wasn't in any of those particular threads. We (mods) didn't receive any complaints. But I appreciate the self-policing and the apology.
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

All moderation in purple - The rules

It wasn't just happening online, either.

I can't take Wellbutrin, myself, because it speeds up my mood swings. I'm exactly twenty-five minutes up and exactly twenty-five minutes down. The moderate depressive episode I'm currently experiencing, though, suggests that the cocktail I'm on right now just doesn't work.

"Now everyone was giving her that kind of look UFOlogists get when they suddenly say, 'Hey, if you shade your eyes you can see it is just a flock of geese after all.'"

"You can't erase icing."

"I can't believe it doesn't work! I found it on the internet, man!"

As the chief butthead,when were you a butthead.
    From the wilderness into the cosmos.
    You can not be afraid of the wind, Enterprise: Broken Bow.
    https://davidsuniverse.wordpress.com/

Cocktails? Well why not, it's 5 PM somewhere, right?

Taking Wellbutrin was exactly like having a little man living inside you who liked to kick your spine and entire nervous system about 20 times a minute. It took about three days of that befo-BOOOOOOOOOM and then isolating myself in a bedroom for three more days waiting for the meds to get out of my system. It was horrible.

Also, cannot take prescribed narcotics because they make me very very siiiiiiiick.

All things considered, though, that's not really that bad (or so it seems from reading the news). I throw them out (or destroy the prescription) and take Tylenol, which works very well on me indeed.

Hey NCN, I never noticed any poor behaviour. As with others, I enjoy reading your posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Torsten View Post
    Hey NCN, I never noticed any poor behaviour. As with others, I enjoy reading your posts.
    Well, thank you.