Thread: My last two posts are on the Forum, but do not appear in "What's New?"

My last two posts are on the Forum, but do not appear in "What's New?"

I freely admit they were not terribly important posts, but in the act of posting them I noticed a minutes-long delay before they appeared in "What's New?" So I am fine with being admonished, but I think there is a timing problem here. Could someone check this out, please.
    There is something fascinating about science. One gets such wholesale returns of conjecture out of such a trifling investment of fact.
    Mark Twain, Life on the Mississippi (1883)

Okay, yes, definitely there is a minutes-long delay before the posts are appearing. Not sure what is happening. I click "Post Quick Reply" and everything seems to freeze.

ADD: Then the little screen appears asking me if I really want to leave the page, when I have done nothing else. Something is wrong.
    There is something fascinating about science. One gets such wholesale returns of conjecture out of such a trifling investment of fact.

I meant "Forum". Oh lord this is embarrassing.

EXTRA: Okay, the long delay has stopped. The glitch appears to be gone.

I've been noticing some double-posts lately. Could a Forum time-delay be responsible?

Most fora have a delay before posting new posts in the New Posts forum.
    I wouldn't say it's a glitch as much as a technical limitation.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger E. Moore View Post
    I've been noticing some double-posts lately. Could a Forum time-delay be responsible?
    If you use the Back button after posting, you will return to the edit screen. If you post again, it will post a duplicate. Don't know if this is what's happening in your case.

This forum has usually been quite quick. Maybe the system was doing a backup or something, I don't know. It surprised and worried me, as other fora (I like that) have tended to break down or glitch when the system becomes less responsive.

My second to latest post is not showing up in What's New, but my latest post is. Skipped one?

EDIT: Nope, now they're both gone.
    "I'm planning to live forever. So far, that's working perfectly." Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by Noclevername View Post
    My second to latest post is not showing up in What's New, but my latest post is. Skipped one?

EDIT: Nope, now they're both gone.
    Resolved.
    "I'm planning to live forever. So far, that's working perfectly." Steven Wright