Page 164 of 164 FirstFirst ... 64114154162163164
Results 4,891 to 4,909 of 4909

Thread: NEW MEMBER? Introduce yourself in this thread.

Introduction

Hey guys just wanted to say hi!

My name is johan and I live in Sweden.

Look forward to dive in to this forum which looks great!

Hey everyone.....i come this board to share my knowledge and enhance it..

Hi jojohan and suzannesmith, welcome to CQ.

jojohan I merged your thread into this general welcome thread
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

All moderation in purple - The rules

Hi Jojohan, hi Susannesmith
    Life's a waste of time, and puzzling the puzzles is the best way to waste it

Open mind for a different view

Hello old Baulters and even older BAers.
    Finally got my username and email address straightened out. I think there was a hiccup when the merger with Cosmoquest occurred. Then Verizon decided get out of email and now I can fix things.
    I have been reading this forum since 2003. Though I never posted, I know many of you so well. My job prevented my reacting with you but I'm retired now so get used to me.
    I was here for the great Candy-ScifiChick blowup. I mourned the lost of Mike Alexander and maskultov?, (I'm sorry I can't remember the spelling of his name, my fault, my own memory isn't as good as it once was). I miss those who left of their own volition and some who left via other means.
    I was a mechanical engineer by education and vocation for years, moved to manufacturing, then zigged into cost accounting-industrial engineering, and zagged into IT systems management, (wish I'd never taken that path).
    Now that I'm retired, I'm finally writing a novel that I toyed with for 40 years. (Yeah I know). Went from Fighting Sail, to Sci-fi, to high Fantasy, Now I'm working a quirky fantasy-mystery in a Renaissance period. ( My wife laughs herself silly when I say this.)
    But the science will be grounded in reality unless can get a laugh out of it.

Hello guys my name is Marios and i am the new member here lol .I am 16 and i am from Cyprus.I come to this forum to learn thinks about our cosmos and to get experience or writting meet peoples with same interests because i am looking job as a science blogger anw.I love physics so i think i will fit here easily .Have a nice day

Welcome back Grumpy Bird.

Hi Marios. Welcome to CQ.

Hello!
    I'm an astronomy enthusiasts and I'm in love with space. I want to share my passion with you through original articles, breathtaking photos, and educational videos.
    Join me through our space journey!
    <link removed>
    Last edited by Swift; 2017-May-29 at 01:36 AM. Reason: link removed

Quote Originally Posted by spacenow View Post
    Hello!
    I'm an astronomy enthusiasts and I'm in love with space. I want to share my passion with you through original articles, breathtaking photos, and educational videos.
    Join me through our space journey!
    <link removed>
    Welcome to CQ spacenow.

Please note that we have removed the link to your Facebook page. Rule 6 says in part:

Do not post advertisements of any kind without securing the express consent of the administrators beforehand. Do not use this bulletin board as a vehicle to promote your own website, product, or forum, nor to sell merchandise. These are egregious offenses which will result in the deletion of the offending posts and banning of the user(s) responsible.
    In future, if you wish to do such self-promotion, obtain permission first. Thanks,

Greetings fellow life forms... New here, old everywhere else. Well, olderish 62 to be specific. East coast USA. Interested in scientifically supportable sci-fi, I dabble writing a few paragraphs here and there. Always looking for resources and may pose a question now and again to glean a tidbit or two. Peace out man!

Welcome to Cosmoquest, OtterMan!

Moderator comments in this color | Get moderator attention using the lower left icon:
    Recommended reading: Forum Rules * Forum FAQs * Conspiracy Theory Advice * Alternate Theory Advocates Advice

Hi everyone. I'm 36 years old, living in Ontario, Canada. I've always loved astronomy but didn't pursue it because I didn't have the confidence when I was younger. I certainly wish I did now. I'm now looking to get back into it. It's been so long since I read anything astronomy related and I'm excited to catch up.

Hi Michelle80, welcome to CQ. Great place to catch up on astronomy

I hope that Looking Skyward our official welcomer is ok, haven't "seen" him in quite a while.

Looking Skyward left on his eternal patrol.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs lookingskyward View Post
    Looking Skyward left on his eternal patrol.
    So very sorry.. Also on behalf of every single person he has welcomed here: our sympathies.

ETA
    Link: https://forum.cosmoquest.org/showthr...LookingSkyward
    Last edited by Jim; 2017-Jun-14 at 11:45 AM. Reason: Added link

Moderator comments in this color | Get moderator attention using the lower left icon:
    Recommended reading: Forum Rules * Forum FAQs * Conspiracy Theory Advice * Alternate Theory Advocates Advice

He will be missed.

Howdy folks! I'm Rob. I've been into astronomy since I was a youngin. Started observational astronomy about 24 years ago. I recently found the Astronomy Cast podcast and have been loving it! Well it led me to here.

Welcome to Cosmoquest, Rob. Sorry it took some time to approve your post, we'll try to be quicker! Unfortunately the approval process is a necessary anti-spam tool, which will go away when you have some more posts under your belt.