Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 422

Thread: Bosnian Pyramid

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    35
    if you read geological raports about pyramid, you would be also convinced that there is a pyramid , but geological raport is in bosnian i hope they will translate it to english
    they have found many thing , which is not in shown in photos

  2. 2006-Jan-14, 11:19 AM
    Reason
    Removing hotlinked images

  3. #62
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,846
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicolas
    As far as I know that's correct, there have been multiple pyramids (not huge ones, but pyramids nonetheless) found in Europe. Of course, being 26000 years old the Bosnian pyramids would be the first pyramids in Europe. Not the first ones found though. Maybe it's a translation thing, where he said "oldest found". I don't know.


    Well, it is kind of confusing, because every article i read says "Europes first Pyramid". (That sure gives the impression of being the first found in Europe) And also most of the articles that talk about the Bosnian pyramid always mention that there are no knowned pyramids in Europe.....




    Titana.

  4. #63
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    2,317
    Quote Originally Posted by Titana
    Well, it is kind of confusing, because every article i read says "Europes first Pyramid". (That sure gives the impression of being the first found in Europe) And also most of the articles that talk about the Bosnian pyramid always mention that there are no knowned pyramids in Europe.....




    Titana.
    *cough*

  5. #64
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,846
    Quote Originally Posted by Lianachan

    Opps, i think i missed that post.....




    Titana.

  6. #65
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    5,641
    I believe there is a zygraut in Spain too.

  7. #66
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    15,801
    There's definitely a pyramid in Paris.

    I estimate its age to be 29,035 years.

    Give or take 29000 years.
    0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 ...
    Skepticism enables us to distinguish fancy from fact, to test our speculations. --Carl Sagan

  8. #67
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    18,442
    And you're wrong.
    __________________________________________________
    Reductionist and proud of it.

    Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn. Benjamin Franklin
    Chase after the truth like all hell and you'll free yourself, even though you never touch its coat tails. Clarence Darrow
    A person who won't read has no advantage over one who can't read. Mark Twain

  9. #68
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,784

    Smile Pyramid

    Well, he's right within his margin of error.

  10. #69
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    15,801
    Quote Originally Posted by Halcyon Dayz
    Well, he's right within his margin of error.
    Thank you. It was just a 95% confidence level estimate. 5% of the time I'm allowed to be wrong.
    0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 ...
    Skepticism enables us to distinguish fancy from fact, to test our speculations. --Carl Sagan

  11. #70
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    18,442
    Quote Originally Posted by Halcyon Dayz
    Well, he's right within his margin of error.
    His margin of error allows for 35-58.035 years, it's only 17, so it's outside.
    __________________________________________________
    Reductionist and proud of it.

    Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn. Benjamin Franklin
    Chase after the truth like all hell and you'll free yourself, even though you never touch its coat tails. Clarence Darrow
    A person who won't read has no advantage over one who can't read. Mark Twain

  12. #71
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    15,506
    He's found the sphinx!!!
    With sufficient thrust, water towers fly just fine.

  13. #72
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    952
    Check this out--archaeological project for 2006


    http://www.archaeological.org/webinf...ntrynumber=658

  14. #73
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    15,506
    The identical text is also on the Bosnia Pyramid site. So I don't know who's the author. Possibly the AIA just took over what Osmanagic sent them, without filtering it through their opinion.

    He refers to it as "the first european pyramid(s) of collosal dimensions" but on the site it is in most cases abbreviated to "the first european pyramid(s)". Always nice to have a first . He certainly ha his conclusion first .

    Lets's see what this year's fieldwork brings.
    With sufficient thrust, water towers fly just fine.

  15. #74
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    3,092
    The text is exactly what Osmanagic sent them, the only filtering that happens is that they check it first (to exclude pranksters and so on). You don't need any further references, titles, experience, ... to get included on these pages.

  16. #75
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    15
    Hmmm...any serious work done on this thing, yet? As in, a university-grade excavation or survey? It looks kind of big; however, if there is any "stone construction" here, it's entirely possible that the neolithic (or whichever-age) peoples could've dug into the hill and excavated some "chambers" inside it (a la Malta's Hypogeum), rather than actually building that entire hill piece by piece. At least, it's a more practical scenario. But of course only a properly-trained archaeology team would be able to make any useful determination.

    But oh wait, properly-trained archaeologists are evil, supressive, and not to be trusted. Some one fetch Erich!

  17. #76
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1
    Here is a link to some photos of recent escavations.

    http://www.piramidasunca.ba/indexbh.htm

    It is in bosnian language AND IT ONLY WORKS IN IE , english version does not have these photos.

    On the left side find "Aktuelnosti" click on it and go to dates from 17.04.2006. to 24.04.2006. u will find photos there.

    This is a link to a site in english but I think it has less photos.

    http://www.bosnianpyramids.org/

    Here are links to some news videos.

    http://cbs2.com/video/?id=16960@kcbs.dayport.com

    http://www.kare11.com/video/player.aspx?aid=25913&bw=


    I am from bosnia and public here is just as divided about this as is public on this forum. I think that estimates about the age of this building are not right but it is certain that Osmanagic has dicovered something huge here.

  18. #77
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2,784
    I just watched an episode of Discovery, wherein they discussed this find. Thyey noted that theses are the only pyramids in Europe, and showed some footage of the site, including a cleared area where Osmanajik says there are formed stones which make the wall of the complex.

    Frankly, I couldn't see anything which clearly said "manmade", but I'm not an archaeologist.

    I noted that at the end of the program there was a blurb that mentioned the claims are coming under increasing skepticism from archaeologists and other scientists and that more research is being called for.

  19. #78
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,095

    Pyramid update

    The pyramids have been refuted by the Archaeological Institute of America.

    http://www.archaeology.org/online/features/osmanagic/

    The best part of that article is the new words you can learn from it:
    And the term "pyramidiot" has been applied to those obsessed with pyramids and who offer strange interpretations of them on websites and in books and televsion programs.

  20. #79
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    560
    Thanks for the article. Yes, I figured something was not right when they mentioned 12,000 years old for a construction time. I wonder if this guy is associated with the Edgar Cayce Foundation in any way.

    The Cayce Foundation has been throwing around that same time period as the date that the Atlantian survivers began building the Great Pyramids. A few years ago, I remember a few "archaeologists" that were trying to prove Cayce right.

  21. #80
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    8,589
    From here
    http://www.theartnewspaper.com/article01.asp?id=237
    Opponents of the project are, however, horrified at the prospect of irreparable damage to an area they believe is important enough to be a tourist attraction without a pyramid, yet warrants further archaeological research. Enver Imamovic of the University of Sarajevo, a former director of the National Museum of Sarajevo, said that the excavations would “irreversibly destroy a national treasure”, while another Bosnian archaeologist told The Art Newspaper that it would be like “letting a group of amateurs dig around Stonehenge”.
    and from here (thanks Emps)
    http://www.wunderkabinett.co.uk/damn...amid-here.html
    Where are the tools marks?

    Where are the artefacts?

    Where is the civilisation that made this? Central Europe has a long and excellent history of archaeology - the construction of such a pyramid would require infrastructure, there would be evidence of older simpler pyramids and other monumental buildings based on similar principles/technology/cultural underpinnings.

    How does a pyramid get evenly covered in soil so it still looks pyramidal? Such a huge structure would tend to get buried from the base upwards resulting in a much more blurred and curved profile with erosion uncovering sharp edges and the like.

  22. #81
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    35
    Opponents of the project are, however, horrified at the prospect of irreparable damage to an area they believe is important enough to be a tourist attraction without a pyramid, yet warrants further archaeological research. Enver Imamovic of the University of Sarajevo, a former director of the National Museum of Sarajevo, said that the excavations would “irreversibly destroy a national treasure”, while another Bosnian archaeologist told The Art Newspaper that it would be like “letting a group of amateurs dig around Stonehenge
    this is biggest lie

    1. bosnian archelogist babich who signed petiton against this excavation visited this place, and he said that they do this job profesionally, they dont destroy anythig and he changed his mind after the visit , may be he shall join them to excavate


    Where are the tools marks?

    Where are the artefacts?

    they have found 24 000 neolithic artefacts 7000 years old, in that area , last year , and artefacts are in visoko museum



    How does a pyramid get evenly covered in soil so it still looks pyramidal? Such a huge structure would tend to get buried from the base upwards resulting in a much more blurred and curved profile with erosion uncovering sharp edges and the like.
    Last edited by Duane; 2006-May-11 at 11:22 PM. Reason: removing hotlinked images

  23. 2006-May-04, 02:31 PM
    Reason
    Removing hotlinked images

  24. #82
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    3,417
    Hum,
    Curtis Runnels, a specialist in the prehistory of Greece and the Balkans at Boston University, notes that "Between 27,000 and 12,000 years ago, the Balkans were locked in the last Glacial maximum, a period of very cold and dry climate with glaciers in some of the mountain ranges. The only occupants were Upper Palaeolithic hunters and gatherers who left behind open-air camp sites and traces of occupation in caves. These remains consist of simple stone tools, hearths, and remains of animals and plants that were consumed for food. These people did not have the tools or skills to engage in the construction of monumental architecture."

    "These reports are irresponsible on the part of journalists. These claims are completely unsupported with any kind of factual evidence, such as artefacts or photographs of the alleged architectures. They have not been confirmed by archaeologists who have the training and competence to evaluate them."

    Some in the academic establishment maintain that the kind of project Osmanagic is running is far worse than just misleading the gullible public.

    "The situation of professional heritage management in Bosnia-Herzegovina is in a poor state, with a tiny number of people trying to do what they can to protect their rich heritage from looting and unmonitored or unauthorised development. It adds insult to injury when rich outsiders can come in and spend large sums pursuing their absurd theories, in ways that most other countries would never countenance, instead of devoting their cash to the preservation of the endangered genuine sites and monuments in which Bosnia-Herzegovina abounds." - Anthony Hardy, president European Association of Archaeologists.

    In one of the few critical accounts of the Bosnian pyramid story, the University of Sarejevo's Enver Imamovic is quoted as saying, "This is the equivalent of letting me, an archaeologist, perform surgery in hospitals."

    There is public outcry within Bosnia, and an online petition that seeks to shut down Osmanagic's project. But he apparently has backers within the federal government and the Sarejevo city government. Whether he is allowed to continue or not is unresolved for now, and his website makes no mention of any controversy. And even when the mainstream media catch up and realise that the "Bosnian Pyramid of the Sun" is no such thing, it will have entered the annals of fantastic archaeology and will have a multitude of believers and defenders.

    Source: Archaeology Magazine

  25. #83
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    3,092
    Those pictures do not look like a professional excavation at all, perhaps they can e compared to what you can see at urgent excavations (the kind you get when you have one month to dig through a whole site before it gets destroyed for a building or so), not like any serious excavation where you have all the time (I don't think those mountains will be erased anytime soon otherwise).
    What is found looks Roman to me, and is important, but is not at all what is claimed by the adventurer leading the digs.

  26. #84
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,004
    I like how they're making a path, when you can see that the stones extend further on each side of their dig.

    Also, how does one "bury" a massive pyramid like this?

  27. #85
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,846
    Bosnian Pyramid, Great Discovery or Collosal Hoax?


    Photos released by the media and made available on Osmanagic's website show a series of stone plates buried just beneath the top layer of soil and vegetation. Despite the tests and pictures, some archaeologists aren't convinced by his claims.

    "Clearly there are voids or something similar in the rock, but that is a long way from saying these are man-made," said Anthony Harding, president of the European Association of Archaeologists.

    Titana

  28. #86
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    35
    Photos released by the media and made available on Osmanagic's website show a series of stone plates buried just beneath the top layer of soil and vegetation. Despite the tests and pictures, some archaeologists aren't convinced by his claims.
    of course they are not convinced when they never visited this place

    wtf , come and see for yourself not sit in the office and critisaize , ****

    "Clearly there are voids or something similar in the rock, but that is a long way from saying these are man-made," said Anthony Harding, president of the European Association of Archaeologists.
    archelogist and geologist who work tehre say that this is man-made


  29. #87
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    N.E.Ohio
    Posts
    22,006
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Mamba
    of course they are not convinced when they never visited this place

    wtf , come and see for yourself not sit in the office and critisaize , ****
    The onus is on the person with the extrordinary claim. Let's wait for good evidence before arguing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Mamba
    archelogist and geologist who work tehre say that this is man-made
    Who's that? From the article...
    the background of Osmanagic, who has no formal archaeological training. SNIP A self-described archaeologist,SNIP Many of those conducting the fieldwork at Visoko are local volunteers, not professionals.

  30. #88
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    35
    archelogist silvana cobanov
    geologist nadja nukich and other geologist from university in sarajevo




    Quote:
    the background of Osmanagic, who has no formal archaeological training. SNIP A self-described archaeologist,SNIP Many of those conducting the fieldwork at Visoko are local volunteers, not professionals.
    this is lie, he he is not archeologist, he dont even call himslef an archelogist

    he is adventurer whit great expiernce and knowledge whit pyramids in the world

    second lie , that there is no prefesionals there, there is real profesional geologist, archelogists, geofysist who work there , volonters just digg there, hard work you know,

  31. #89
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,846
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Mamba
    wtf , come and see for yourself not sit in the office and critisaize , ****
    Cough...cough...what does the wtf stand for......????....




    Titana

  32. #90
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    13,531
    From what I've read, there is certainly not enough information to arrive at any type of conclusion concerning this "hill".

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Mamba
    ...he is not archeologist...
    No...Osmanagic is a business man...so the first question that pops into my mind?

    Is this "pyramid" good for business??
    The facts, gentlemen, and nothing but the facts, for careful eyes are narrowly watching. Isaac Asimov

Similar Threads

  1. More on the alleged Bosnian Pyramids
    By dougweller in forum Science and Technology
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2008-Jan-29, 05:11 PM
  2. Pyramid
    By Superluminal in forum Astronomy
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 2004-Jan-20, 07:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •