Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Joining The Dots

Question 911 ... Joining The Dots

With emotions still running high, and many people firmly entrenched in either the 'conspiracy' or the 'skeptic' camp, I think it is refreshing to see an intelligent new slant on the big issues. Issues which are rarely questioned, let alone answered.

This documentary is neither sensationalist nor conspiratorial. It seeks out news items from respectable press sources around the globe, and joins the dots. No definitive conclusions are drawn, but the big questions come into clear view.

An excellent resource IMHO

From www.911pressfortruth.com

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?...36424083&q=911

As far as I could see the film (sorry only a 3 MBit/s line and that piece is REALLY LARGE) they only let people ask questions. They did not povide any of the available answers to them.
    The intention of this film seems to be to seed doubt without providing any evidence that actually there was something wrong.

But maybe you would like to provide any evidence?
    With your own words rather than a link to somewhere?

BTW: Welcome to the board.

What a load of innuendo! (And can you tell us when, exactly, did you stop beating your wife?)

Psssst! I know for a fact that George Bush drinks babies blood! Honest! And after midnight he grows a tail! And he plotted an attack on his own country that killed more people than the Pearl Harbor attack! Nevermind that other people confessed not once, but on at least five different occasions and threaten to do worse if they can! Oh no! Big evil goverment at work!
    Time wasted having fun is not time wasted - Lennon
    (John, not the other one.)

We already had Scolars for 911 Truth.
    Now we have Press for 911 Truth.
    What is next? Lavatory attendants for 911 Truth?

How do questions connect dots?

Quote Originally Posted by Cl1mh4224rd View Post
    How do questions connect dots?
    I would recommend watching it.

Ahh I did. I was not impressed. I stand by my earlier posts.

Look, no matter how you dress it up or how slick the production if the basic premise is wrong its still wrong. Lipstick on a pig doesn't make it a beauty queen.

What a load of innuendo! (And can you tell us when, exactly, did you stop beating your wife?)
    What the hell is that supposed to mean? A guy posts a video and you call him a wife beater, ask yourself how this could possibly offend you to the point of making a remark like that.

Here's a link to the whole video.
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...20641536424083

Quote Originally Posted by Photon View Post
    What the hell is that supposed to mean?
    It must be an American expression. When someone asks that question, it's usually a kind of cliché' reference to the fallacy of false dilemma.

What the hell is that supposed to mean? A guy posts a video and you call him a wife beater

No he didn't, he merely asked him a question. Yes the question was loaded with innuendo, but that is the exact point that was being made. The way 9//1 "truth" movement questions are asked, they are loaded with innuendo, exactly like the question. "Have you stopped beating your wife yet?" This question assumes you started doing so, exactly the same way that the 9/11 questions generally assume facts not in evidence. For example (and this isn't from the movie, but is one I have seen.) "What other purpose could the squibs have if not for a controlled demolision?" This question simply leads the reader/viewer to the notion that the puffs of air, smoke, and dust were created by squibs, and since there is no other purpose for these explosives leads to a wanted answer. Likewise the question "How could a 72 foot wide plane possibly fit into a 16 foot hole?" Again we have an assumsion, that a 72-foot wide plane had to go into a 16-foot hole (actually it was slightly bigger, about 20-30 feet by most accounts) intact. It ignores the idea that the plane was in peices at that stage. Or how about statements like "Since no credible source has claimed responsiblity then we should assume it is someone that hasn't." Here we're taking the word of someone who is deciding for us if a claim is credible or not. (By the way this is from a CT website I saw the other day. To date Al Qaeda has admited responsiblity for the 9/11 attacks on least 5 separate times. OBL's only denial was pre-invasion of Afghanistan when the US was putting pressure on the Taliban to hand him over and there was still a chance the US wouldn't invade to go after him.)

The thing is that when people do what you did and suggest that the CT's are "making claims" they just look shocked and say, "But I was only asking questions."

What the hell is that supposed to mean? A guy posts a video and you call him a wife beater, ask yourself how this could possibly offend you to the point of making a remark like that.

Here's a link to the whole video.
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...20641536424083

This 'mock' question is commonly used to indicate a situation where any given response by an interlocutor will imply that person is guilty of some indiscretion.

It was not meant to be taken literally.

It must be an American expression. When someone asks that question, it's usually a kind of cliché' reference to the fallacy of false dilemma.
    Thanks, I haven't heard it before and missed the point. Its a good thing I saw it here in print and not in a face to face discussion with an American because I would have obviously reacted badly. Too strong for an Australian to use I think.

It reminds me a little of that great scene from 'Life of Brian':

ALL: "The Messiah, the Messiah".

BRIAN: "I'm not the Messiah! Please believe me, I am not the Messiah!"

GIRL: "Only the true Messiah denies his divinity".

BRIAN: "What? What sort of chance does that give me? OK, I am the Messiah!"

ALL (ecstatic): "The Messiah!! The Messiah!!"

Thanks, I haven't heard it before and missed the point. Its a good thing I saw it here in print and not in a face to face discussion with an American because I would have obviously reacted badly. Too strong for an Australian to use I think.
    It has a non-verbal component that doesn't translate well. You'd use that expression with either a smile or a smirk, according to circumstance.

Bugs Bunnys favorate line line to Elmer Fudd, you can blame him for it!

Bugs again befuddles Elmer Fudd memorably in "Wideo Wabbit" (1956) by imitating the mustachioed comedian in a You Bet Your Life parody called You Beat Your Wife. Later he imitates Art Carney and slaps comical glasses on Elmer, admonishing "Gee, what a Groucho!"
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Groucho_Marx

Sorry about that Photon, I wasn't trying to offend anyone I wasn't trying to offend.

And just so you know, I was raised during the '60's when beating your wife was just a low end misdemeanor, not a felony. While my dad was a good man I had a lot of friends who's mothers ended up with black eyes or worse at least once a month. I take a really dim view of men beating up women myself.

A wifebeater is also a kind of undershirt -- the kind without sleeves (aka A-shirt, tank top, singlet, or muscle shirt). Stereotypically, it's the shirt worn by the beer-swilling, sports-watching lout who beats up the wife and kids on the weekends.

Fred
    Last edited by Nowhere Man; 2006-Sep-17 at 01:15 PM. Reason: fix typo
    Hey, you! "It's" with an apostrophe means "it is" or "it has." "Its" without an apostrophe means "belongs to it."

"For shame, gentlemen, pack your evidence a little better against another time."
    -- John Dryden, "The Vindication of The Duke of Guise" 1684

Earth's sole legacy will be a very slight increase (0.01%) of the solar metallicity.

Quote Originally Posted by Nowhere Man View Post
    A wifebeater is also a kind of undershirt -- the kind without sleeves (aka A-shirt, tank top, singlet, or muscle shirt). Stereotypically, it's the shirt work by the beer-swilling, sports-watching lout who beats up the wife and kids on the weekends.

Fred
    A vest?

Quote Originally Posted by OneEleven View Post
    I think it is refreshing to see an intelligent new slant on the big issues.
    You believe this new slant is intelligent. On what basis do you form this judgement?

Issues which are rarely questioned, let alone answered.
    As has been admirably pointed out, asking a question is not necessarily intelligent, and there are such things as stupid questions...

It seeks out news items ...and joins the dots. No definitive conclusions are drawn,
    So when it joins the dots, its not concluding that "this dot and that dot are joined"?

An excellent resource IMHO
    And with your long-established presence and reputation here, your HO is clearly going to be worth something, right?

jc

Quote Originally Posted by bonkey View Post
    And with your long-established presence and reputation here, your HO is clearly going to be worth something, right?

jc
    JC, it does not matter for how long someone has participated on this board.
    The thing that matters is what you can present as evidence, not who you are and how many posts you have on your counter (Well at least that counts for most of us).

Concerning stupid questions...
    As long as a question is asked out of the intention to learn something there can never be a stupid questions, just stupid answers or people who stay stupid because they do not ask questions.

Well, watched the vid and there does seem to be quite a bit of "begging the question" going on. We get a lot of this in the UK press, they ask questions that are phrased in such a way thet the reader is led to answer for themselves in the way the questioner intended.... Did that make grammatical sense?

Quote Originally Posted by Mellow View Post
    Well, watched the vid and there does seem to be quite a bit of "begging the question" going on. We get a lot of this in the UK press, they ask questions that are phrased in such a way thet the reader is led to answer for themselves in the way the questioner intended.... Did that make grammatical sense?
    Grammatical sense, yes. Logical sense, no. But thats the way we love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna2 View Post
    Concerning stupid questions...
    As long as a question is asked out of the intention to learn something there can never be a stupid questions, just stupid answers or people who stay stupid because they do not ask questions.
    The information presented in the video focuses on the work of a man who scoured the press for reliable and documented information from good sources. More on this later. The mainstream media failed to examine so many important isses and run with them. It really is a case of joining the dots.

For example, why Have C Rice And G Bush consistently claimed that an attack using hijacked aircraft couldn't have been predicted or legislated for? These claims are lies, plain and simple! There are numerous examples of such threats well before the tragic events of 911!

If OB Laden was America's most wanted man, why was he treated at a US overseas military hospital, with the full knowledge of the CIA, shortly before 911. Dan Rather (Sorry, however you spell it) reported on this for CBS, but avoided asking any uncomfortable questions like, "Er, shouldn't someone collar him?"

There are so many more questions. I would strongly recommend watching this video, as I am left with the impression that most respondants on this thread haven't done so?

For example, why Have C Rice And G Bush consistently claimed that an attack using hijacked aircraft couldn't have been predicted or legislated for? These claims are lies, plain and simple! There are numerous examples of such threats well before the tragic events of 911!
    Irrelevant since you can not present evidence that they knew this particular attack would happen this way on 9/11. Also most of the treats were believed to be from American Airliners Hijacked over seas.

If OB Laden was America's most wanted man, why was he treated at a US overseas military hospital, with the full knowledge of the CIA, shortly before 911. Dan Rather (Sorry, however you spell it) reported on this for CBS, but avoided asking any uncomfortable questions like, "Er, shouldn't someone collar him?"
    Another Irrelevant Story the Doctor at the hospital says he did not treat Bin Laden and that Bin Laden was not at he Hospital!
    Basically the story was false.

Please provide some evidence to the contrary, if you have any, I always have an open mind to evidence but it is closed to rhetoric.

Quote Originally Posted by Chainsaw1 View Post
    Irrelevant since you can not present evidence that they knew this particular attack would happen this way on 9/11. Also most of the treats were believed to be from American Airliners Hijacked over seas.
    I can agree only so far as the 'hijackers' probably didn't divulge the exact day. However, The French did warn of an attack by hijacked aircraft on this exact date, two days before. This is also well documented.

Dan Rather was on location at the hospital, so I am surprised he chose to make this story up! Do you have any links to support your claims?

Failures of pre-9/11 intelligence gathering, either failures in gathering the information, processing it, sharing it among agencies, or acting upon it, do not translate into "the government did it". You should read other threads in this forum on the "Big Freaking Plane Theory" of 9/11. The physical evidence that the attacks happened as per the "official" theory is overwhelming.
    I have to admit I am not completely familiar with the history of the relationship between bin Laden and the U.S government, but I suspect a lot of our past relationship with him was dictated by the war in Afghanistan against the USSR. There are many examples of people and countries that were once our friends who are now our enemies, and visa versa.
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

All moderation in purple - The rules

The information presented in the video focuses on the work of a man who scoured the press for reliable and documented information from good sources. More on this later.
    I'm looking forward to seeing the reliable and documented information from good sources.

Fact is, you should have started this thread with those "sources".
    The facts, gentlemen, and nothing but the facts, for careful eyes are narrowly watching. Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Tolls View Post
    A vest?
    a la Bruce Willis - die hard vest
    (not a wife beater, btw)

Quote Originally Posted by Swift View Post
    Failures of pre-9/11 intelligence gathering, either failures in gathering the information, processing it, sharing it among agencies, or acting upon it, do not translate into "the government did it". You should read other threads in this forum on the "Big Freaking Plane Theory" of 9/11. The physical evidence that the attacks happened as per the "official" theory is overwhelming.
    Who is making the claim that the govt did it? That is very simplistic! Are you suggesting that anyone who dares to ask questions and highlight discrepancies is a conspiracy woo-woo?

The price of liberty is, after all, eternal vigilance...

Quote Originally Posted by Swift View Post
    I have to admit I am not completely familiar with the history of the relationship between bin Laden and the U.S government, but I suspect a lot of our past relationship with him was dictated by the war in Afghanistan against the USSR. There are many examples of people and countries that were once our friends who are now our enemies, and visa versa.
    This relationship seems to be far more recent and ongoing! I would therefore strongly recommend familiarisation with the facts.