Thread: How many posts do you need to become a Member (as opposed to Junior Member)?

How many posts do you need to become a Member (as opposed to Junior Member)?

Title says it all.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by The Patriot View Post
    Title says it all.
    100. Post away, and follow the rules, just general manners and consideration. Pete.

Guess again pete. 100 is the number needed for Senior Member.

Wink fair enough

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain K View Post
    Kaptain. OK, Fair enough, I thought I heard that before. There's very few people who make zero errors. My humble apologies. Pete.

No offense intended Pete. If I knew the answer, I would have given it. I'm pretty sure that it is either 25 or 50.

No offense intended Pete. If I knew the answer, I would have given it. I'm pretty sure that it is either 25 or 50.
    It's 30.
    Everything I need to know I learned through Googling.

Quote Originally Posted by ToSeek View Post
    It's 30.
    Arrrrgh!

Huh. And all this time I thought it was a sideways reference to the poster's age. You know... Junior, Senior, AARP...
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by ignorance or stupidity.
    Isaac Asimov

You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They donít alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views.
    Doctor Who

Moderation will be in purple.
    Rules for Posting to This Board

My thingy says "senior member"
    But in all honesty i consider myself a junior member. How many posts i have made doesnt mean much.

But i havn't contributed a lot to this board. Whereas in other places my knowledge is striking and helps iron out unresolved issues....
    HERE im left behind in the dust. there are bigger brains that have knowledge at hand- that takes me time to research.

Im still learning this board- and the people on it- as well as how they operate here.

Im learning more than i am contributing. Oftentimes its not just about the science... But about temper control- reading more than the words in a given post allow - Effective Logic! How you make an argument menas a lot. Just because you may have good evidence or something to say- doesn't mean much if you cant communicate effectively.

How to admit when you're wrong...

I wouldn't pay much attention the the junior senior thing... Rather, post well and learn all you can.

Quote Originally Posted by ToSeek View Post
    It's 30.
    I was kinda hoping it was 12.

but I passed 12 posts a while ago. The reason was that if I ever have to post a URL, I want to be able to post it without having the mods review it, thus wasting time.

Two points, at least as far as I understand the situation:
    • It's only posts with an URL which start a new thread that are reviewed, not replies in existing threads.
    • The 30 is the number needed to go from Junior to normal Member, I believe the number of posts needed to not be reviewed is lower than this, but I may be wrong.

Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn. Benjamin Franklin
    Chase after the truth like all hell and you'll free yourself, even though you never touch its coat tails. Clarence Darrow
    A person who won't read has no advantage over one who can't read. Mark Twain

but I passed 12 posts a while ago. The reason was that if I ever have to post a URL, I want to be able to post it without having the mods review it, thus wasting time.
    Spend an afternoon in the "Fun-n-Games" section. That'll boost your count in a hurry!
    Everything I need to know I learned through Googling.

I am growing weary of waiting for your post 16. It's been over 10 years. I don't have the patience for this anymore.

Wait. How did I get here?

Letting the days go by/let the water hold me down
    Letting the days go by/water flowing underground
    Into the blue again/after the money's gone
    Once in a lifetime/water flowing underground.
    0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 ...
    Skepticism enables us to distinguish fancy from fact, to test our speculations. --Carl Sagan

Sorry I forgot to label the door to the TARDIS better.
    From the wilderness into the cosmos.
    You can not be afraid of the wind, Enterprise: Broken Bow.
    https://davidsuniverse.wordpress.com/

Gosh, just dropped in after a long time away and the first thread I read has a post from Neverfly. Takes me back to my day that does.

And you've just reminded me how I always used to get confused between Neverfly and NoCleverName.
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

noc lever name is the one who always knocks the lever when The Doctor doesn't know what else to do, or presses the 'infinite improbability' button....gets us out of trouble or into more trouble depending on whether the Darleks have their batteries charged.

Feedback threads aren't really for chit chat. Closed.
    Forum Rules►  ◄FAQ►  ◄ATM Forum Advice►  ◄Conspiracy Advice
    Click http://cosmoquest.org/forum/images/buttons/report-40b.png to report a post (even this one) to the moderation team.

Man is a tool-using animal. Nowhere do you find him without tools; without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all. ó Thomas Carlyle (1795-1881)