Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: How many posts do you need to become a Member (as opposed to Junior Member)?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    15

    How many posts do you need to become a Member (as opposed to Junior Member)?

    Title says it all.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Metrowest, Boston
    Posts
    4,710

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by The Patriot View Post
    Title says it all.
    100. Post away, and follow the rules, just general manners and consideration. Pete.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    7,732
    Guess again pete. 100 is the number needed for Senior Member.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Metrowest, Boston
    Posts
    4,710

    Wink fair enough

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain K View Post
    Guess again pete. 100 is the number needed for Senior Member.
    Kaptain. OK, Fair enough, I thought I heard that before. There's very few people who make zero errors. My humble apologies. Pete.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    7,732
    No offense intended Pete. If I knew the answer, I would have given it. I'm pretty sure that it is either 25 or 50.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    29,998
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain K View Post
    No offense intended Pete. If I knew the answer, I would have given it. I'm pretty sure that it is either 25 or 50.
    It's 30.
    Everything I need to know I learned through Googling.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    7,732
    Quote Originally Posted by ToSeek View Post
    It's 30.
    Arrrrgh!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Clear Lake City, TX
    Posts
    12,446
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain K View Post
    Guess again pete. 100 is the number needed for Senior Member.
    Huh. And all this time I thought it was a sideways reference to the poster's age. You know... Junior, Senior, AARP...
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by ignorance or stupidity.
    Isaac Asimov

    You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They donít alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views.
    Doctor Who

    Moderation will be in purple.
    Rules for Posting to This Board

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    13,423
    My thingy says "senior member"
    But in all honesty i consider myself a junior member. How many posts i have made doesnt mean much.

    But i havn't contributed a lot to this board. Whereas in other places my knowledge is striking and helps iron out unresolved issues....
    HERE im left behind in the dust. there are bigger brains that have knowledge at hand- that takes me time to research.

    Im still learning this board- and the people on it- as well as how they operate here.

    Im learning more than i am contributing. Oftentimes its not just about the science... But about temper control- reading more than the words in a given post allow - Effective Logic! How you make an argument menas a lot. Just because you may have good evidence or something to say- doesn't mean much if you cant communicate effectively.

    How to admit when you're wrong...

    I wouldn't pay much attention the the junior senior thing... Rather, post well and learn all you can.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by ToSeek View Post
    It's 30.
    I was kinda hoping it was 12.

    but I passed 12 posts a while ago. The reason was that if I ever have to post a URL, I want to be able to post it without having the mods review it, thus wasting time.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    18,442
    Two points, at least as far as I understand the situation:
    • It's only posts with an URL which start a new thread that are reviewed, not replies in existing threads.
    • The 30 is the number needed to go from Junior to normal Member, I believe the number of posts needed to not be reviewed is lower than this, but I may be wrong.
    __________________________________________________
    Reductionist and proud of it.

    Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn. Benjamin Franklin
    Chase after the truth like all hell and you'll free yourself, even though you never touch its coat tails. Clarence Darrow
    A person who won't read has no advantage over one who can't read. Mark Twain

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    29,998
    Quote Originally Posted by The Patriot View Post
    I was kinda hoping it was 12.

    but I passed 12 posts a while ago. The reason was that if I ever have to post a URL, I want to be able to post it without having the mods review it, thus wasting time.
    Spend an afternoon in the "Fun-n-Games" section. That'll boost your count in a hurry!
    Everything I need to know I learned through Googling.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    15,801
    Quote Originally Posted by The Patriot View Post
    I was kinda hoping it was 12.

    but I passed 12 posts a while ago. The reason was that if I ever have to post a URL, I want to be able to post it without having the mods review it, thus wasting time.
    I am growing weary of waiting for your post 16. It's been over 10 years. I don't have the patience for this anymore.

    Wait. How did I get here?

    Letting the days go by/let the water hold me down
    Letting the days go by/water flowing underground
    Into the blue again/after the money's gone
    Once in a lifetime/water flowing underground.
    0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 ...
    Skepticism enables us to distinguish fancy from fact, to test our speculations. --Carl Sagan

  14. #14
    Sorry I forgot to label the door to the TARDIS better.
    From the wilderness into the cosmos.
    You can not be afraid of the wind, Enterprise: Broken Bow.
    https://davidsuniverse.wordpress.com/

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    74
    Gosh, just dropped in after a long time away and the first thread I read has a post from Neverfly. Takes me back to my day that does.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    The Great NorthWet
    Posts
    14,269
    And you've just reminded me how I always used to get confused between Neverfly and NoCleverName.
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    9,120
    noc lever name is the one who always knocks the lever when The Doctor doesn't know what else to do, or presses the 'infinite improbability' button....gets us out of trouble or into more trouble depending on whether the Darleks have their batteries charged.
    ................................

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Peters Creek, Alaska
    Posts
    12,635
    Feedback threads aren't really for chit chat. Closed.
    Forum Rules►  ◄FAQ►  ◄ATM Forum Advice►  ◄Conspiracy Advice
    Click http://cosmoquest.org/forum/images/buttons/report-40b.png to report a post (even this one) to the moderation team.


    Man is a tool-using animal. Nowhere do you find him without tools; without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all. ó Thomas Carlyle (1795-1881)

Similar Threads

  1. Greetings from a junior member
    By John Jaksich in forum Universe Today
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 2008-Nov-10, 11:00 PM
  2. New Member
    By mizpah12 in forum Off-Topic Babbling
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 2006-Mar-22, 03:00 PM
  3. New member
    By koloss in forum Off-Topic Babbling
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 2005-Dec-06, 09:09 PM
  4. New member
    By koloss in forum Astronomy
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2005-Dec-06, 06:53 PM
  5. New Member
    By Determiner in forum Off-Topic Babbling
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 2004-Dec-23, 01:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •