Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flat Earth

Flat Earth

I did a search of the forum but came up empty handed, is flat earth theory (I know that is a very loose definition of theory) a taboo subject here or are the flat earth believers afraid to come out and play?

I don't think Flat Earth Theory is taboo here; it would certainly be an astrophysical theory of some kind, and thus appropriate for this board.

Did you have a specific Flat Earth conspiracy theory you wanted to propose?

It's not a taboo. It's just that the theory has been thoroughly debunked in the past, and you can't really come here with the same stuff (because it has been debunked already).

Quote Originally Posted by stutefish View Post
    I don't think Flat Earth Theory is taboo here; it would certainly be an astrophysical theory of some kind, and thus appropriate for this board.

Did you have a specific Flat Earth conspiracy theory you wanted to propose?
    I am not a flat earth believer. Just wanted a general discussion since I find it to be a very "odd" idea. They deny gravity on Earth and say it is accelerating yet they say gravity exists normally everywhere else. I honestly find that twisted thinking fascinating.

Quote Originally Posted by Lepton View Post
    I am not a flat earth believer. Just wanted a general discussion since I find it to be a very "odd" idea. They deny gravity on Earth and say it is accelerating yet they say gravity exists normally everywhere else. I honestly find that twisted thinking fascinating.
    It's not taboo, it's just that the mainstream refuses to listen to their own minds and instead believe whatever the Ebil Government tells them.

The Spherical Earth Hoax goes back hundreds of years.

Modern day folks are tricked into thinking it's a sphere- But that doesn't make any sense and I can Prove it.

We have airplanes right?
    Imagine you get on an airplane in Kansas and fly in a straight line to China. This Does Happen.

Well, if you went in a straight line, flying from Kansas to China over a sphere- Your airplane would end up in outer space!
    But it doesn't!
    The planes still land in China!
    oops.. I messed up... Let me try again...
    The planes still land in China!!!1211
    Ok I got a 2 in there somehow. It's kinda cool so I'll leave it.

Anyway, the planes still land in China after traveling in a straight line from Kansas and this Proves that the Earth is flat.

There's more proof.
    The Moon.
    If the Earth was Round- like a ball, not like a pizza- then the Moon would be Out of view if it moved to the underside of the flat portion.
    Which happens. That's why sometimes you can't see the Moon!
    One last thing: If the Earth was truly round- then wouldn't the people on the southern Hemisphere have all their blood rush to their head?
    But southern hospitals aren't filled with patients with embolisms!
    This is more proof!!!11
    And the maps we have from flying over the land and taking picturres- if the Earth was round, all those images would be curved and would get smaller as the Imagery taking plane went ina straight line and ended up in outer space- but they don't! They stay the same. This also proves the earth is flat with photographic evidence.
    In fact, a Round Earth would also have no air on the bottom because down there, the "supposed" atmosphere would fall off into where the "supposed vacuum" begins.

Yes, all you fools have been tricked by the Illuminati into thinking the Earth is like a ball- which makes no sense at all!!
    Think for yourselves!!
    Find out the TWOOF!!!!111

Also, buy my book. Please. I'm hungry.

I think my brains just dribbled out through my ears after that post.

Hey Lepton

I think this might be the current official page but not sure

http://www.alaska.net/~clund/e_djubl...rthsociety.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
    I think my brains just dribbled out through my ears after that post.
    Oh yes- thank you.
    tHAT'S MORE pROOF

If the Earth was a Huge Round Spinning ball- all our brains would dribble out our noses and ears.
    Ever ride a Graviton ride at the carnival?

Disprove THAT Debunkers!

I did a search of the forum but came up empty handed, is flat earth theory (I know that is a very loose definition of theory) a taboo subject here or are the flat earth believers afraid to come out and play?
    I did a search and did find some flat earth threads, though generally they are joke threads.

We've had plenty of proponents of ridiculous ideas around here: The earth is a tree, the sun has a solid iron shell, Martian rock sheep, Geocentrism (and ISS is a fake), etc. But, I think the flat earth idea has the disadvantage of being very well known even at the elementary school level. So, as ridiculous as it gets, this is still pretty far out there.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." Abraham Lincoln

I say there is an invisible elf in my backyard. How do you prove that I am wrong?

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

Quote Originally Posted by Neverfly View Post
    Oh yes- thank you.
    tHAT'S MORE pROOF

If the Earth was a Huge Round Spinning ball- all our brains would dribble out our noses and ears.
    Ever ride a Graviton ride at the carnival?

Disprove THAT Debunkers!
    Im literally crying now

Im literally crying now
    Relax, that's just Coriolis effect.

Relax, that's just Coriolis effect.
    ROFL

keep them coming

Quote Originally Posted by Van Rijn View Post
    I did a search and did find some flat earth threads, though generally they are joke threads.

We've had plenty of proponents of ridiculous ideas around here: The earth is a tree, the sun has a solid iron shell, Martian rock sheep, Geocentrism (and ISS is a fake), etc. But, I think the flat earth idea has the disadvantage of being very well known even at the elementary school level. So, as ridiculous as it gets, this is still pretty far out there.
    I found a few here by searching with the google bar but not through the search forum link. Seems like most forums using vbulliten software have that search problem.

Hey Lepton

I think this might be the current official page but not sure
    Geez, these guys crack me up. The sun is a 32 mile wide spotlight!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Since they say I shouldn't post URLs until I have a few more posts, I'll break this one up so someone can fix it please.

the flatearth society.net /forum/

Check out the crazies there
    Last edited by Lepton; 2008-Aug-07 at 01:46 AM. Reason: damn typos :)

Geez, these guys crack me up. The sun is a 32 mile wide spotlight!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Since they say I shouldn't post URLs until I have a few more posts, I'll break this one up so someone can fix it please.

the flatearth society.net /forum/

Check out the crazies there
    http://www.theflatearthsociety.net/forum/

*URL snipped*
    Thanks neverfly....btw, funny posts earlier

Thanks neverfly....btw, funny posts earlier
    You think I was jokin'?

You think I was jokin'?
    In a word...........YES

In a word...........YES
    Rats.

Ok, so I'm not a skilled woo woo.

Sue me.

But don't woo me.

Yes, all you fools have been tricked by the Illuminati into thinking the Earth is like a ball- which makes no sense at all!!
    As masterful as this analysis is, it is not conclusive. However, I believe I can hammer the decisive nail into the skeptical coffin.

Prepare your minds for the astounding truth: SPHERES DO NOT EXIST!

Before the chorus of bleats from the blind followers of the Government-paid disinfo agents rises to a deafening crescendo, I present my proofs...

To start with, reach out right now and grab the nearest circular object. It would be truly amazing, if not impossible, for me to guess what you are now holding, would it not?

Yet I now assert that you are holding a flat disk which is iridescently shiny on at least one of its sides, with a hole in its center!

Gaze at the shiny side. Move it close to your eyes, then further away. Close... Then far. Close... Far... Then ask yourself, "If spheres are so perfect, why are they not used as the trusted repositories of most of the world's data?" Close... Far...

Already you should be prepared to accept as utter truth everything that I say to you. (And if you don't, you're just a big meany. Stare at the shiny disk some more.) Now watch as I move on to the most bogglingly conclusive proof of all, drawn from an ancient text of great renown...

(And no, this isn't going to be the "four corners of the Earth" thing - although for the Earth to have four corners, it would have to be a tetrahedro - um, a square. Which just goes to further reinforce my case!)

But now, the proof!

It is implied in the Bible (1 Kings 7:23 and 2 Chronicles 4:2) that Pi is equal to three.

However, according to one of the most basic tenets of Christian theology, Three is equal to One!

Therefore, the ratio of a circle's circumference to its diameter is one... and a CIRCLE IS A STRAIGHT LINE!

The incredulous and astonished world reels as the (flat) scales fall from a billion eyes. The ivory towers sway and topple, and the black helicopters arise drunkenly and crash into each other. I take no notice. I sit calmly, eyes closed, at peace with the perfection of the eternal line, my skull an impenetrable barrier which contains but the truth. The shiny, shimmering truth. Close... Far...

I got something even better then a flat earth... a HOLLOW earth!

http://hollowearththeory.com/articles/impactCraters.asp

Quote Originally Posted by lurner View Post
    I got something even better then a flat earth... a HOLLOW earth!

http://hollowearththeory.com/articles/impactCraters.asp
    Perhaps it is flat AND hollow.

Like a cheesy stuffed crust pizza.

Perhaps it is flat AND hollow.

Like a cheesy stuffed crust pizza.
    Your cheesy stuffed crust pizza theory of earth intrigues me. Do you have a brochure or pamphlet, or perhaps a newsletter to which I may subscribe?

Your cheesy stuffed crust pizza theory of earth intrigues me. Do you have a brochure or pamphlet, or perhaps a newsletter to which I may subscribe?
    BAM!
    One Menu comin' up...

Quote Originally Posted by Van Rijn View Post
    Originally Posted by Lepton
    I did a search of the forum but came up empty handed,
    It's hard not to read them as a joke. Their website looks like a joke.

I wonder if the BBC story prompted this thread. It usually happens that way.
    Obviously; your searches didn't go well. It was a day old thread, probably stale by now.

Quote Originally Posted by NEOWatcher View Post
    It's hard not to read them as a joke. Their website looks like a joke.

I wonder if the BBC story prompted this thread. It usually happens that way.
    Obviously; your searches didn't go well. It was a day old thread, probably stale by now.
    Thanks for the link and no the BBC story had nothing to do with this thread. Didn't even know about the BBC story.

Quote Originally Posted by jja View Post
    Heck, forget spheres, I'm not even sure about these so-called "circles".
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

All moderation in purple - The rules

Quote Originally Posted by Swift View Post
    Heck, forget spheres, I'm not even sure about these so-called "circles".
    If you think circles don't exist, maybe you should check out the arguments in the rest of this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by jja View Post
    As masterful as this analysis is, it is not conclusive. However, I believe I can hammer the decisive nail into the skeptical coffin.

Before the chorus of bleats from the blind followers of the Government-paid disinfo agents rises to a deafening crescendo, I present my proofs...

To start with, reach out right now and grab the nearest circular object. It would be truly amazing, if not impossible, for me to guess what you are now holding, would it not?

Yet I now assert that you are holding a flat disk which is iridescently shiny on at least one of its sides, with a hole in its center!

Gaze at the shiny side. Move it close to your eyes, then further away. Close... Then far. Close... Far... Then ask yourself, "If spheres are so perfect, why are they not used as the trusted repositories of most of the world's data?" Close... Far...

Already you should be prepared to accept as utter truth everything that I say to you. (And if you don't, you're just a big meany. Stare at the shiny disk some more.) Now watch as I move on to the most bogglingly conclusive proof of all, drawn from an ancient text of great renown...

(And no, this isn't going to be the "four corners of the Earth" thing - although for the Earth to have four corners, it would have to be a tetrahedro - um, a square. Which just goes to further reinforce my case!)

But now, the proof!

It is implied in the Bible (1 Kings 7:23 and 2 Chronicles 4:2) that Pi is equal to three.

However, according to one of the most basic tenets of Christian theology, Three is equal to One!

Therefore, the ratio of a circle's circumference to its diameter is one... and a CIRCLE IS A STRAIGHT LINE!

The incredulous and astonished world reels as the (flat) scales fall from a billion eyes. The ivory towers sway and topple, and the black helicopters arise drunkenly and crash into each other. I take no notice. I sit calmly, eyes closed, at peace with the perfection of the eternal line, my skull an impenetrable barrier which contains but the truth. The shiny, shimmering truth. Close... Far...
    Since Mr. Plait is now the president of the James Randi Educational Foundation maybe you can have him submit an application on your behalf for the 1 million dollar challenge since you are apparently psychic

Does anybody here have any idea how Pangea fits into flat Earth theory?