Page 3 of 215 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Your current weather?

It has been windy, windy, windy here today. Hate the wind. Gusts probably to 50 mph. Makes it feel colder too, of course.
    Dip me in ink and toss me to the Poets.

We have this white stuff, falling from the sky, and it's piling up. When we try to hold it, it turns into water, and it's cold. We have over a foot, and well, it's not going away. Does anyone know what this is? HELP!

Quote Originally Posted by ravens_cry View Post
    We have this white stuff, falling from the sky, and it's piling up. When we try to hold it, it turns into water, and it's cold. We have over a foot, and well, it's not going away. Does anyone know what this is? HELP!
    Yeah... that happens up in the mountains west of here too.

We received less than an inch of snow today but about 3 more are in the forecast. We're looking at temps slightly above and below 0F on Christmas and the next day or two.
    Forum Rules►  ◄FAQ►  ◄ATM Forum Advice►  ◄Conspiracy Advice
    Click http://cosmoquest.org/forum/images/buttons/report-40b.png to report a post (even this one) to the moderation team.

Man is a tool-using animal. Nowhere do you find him without tools; without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all. Thomas Carlyle (1795-1881)

Ya want head down here to thaw out for a couple of days?

We're getting about 4 inches today and maybe 4 more between tonight and tomorrow. The christmas should be dry, then we should get either snow, sleet, or freezing rain on Thursday night into Friday with a chance of flooding from heavy precipitation, melting snow/ice and from ice jams on the river.
    Et tu BAUT? Quantum mutatus ab illo.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinaa View Post
    Ya want head down here to thaw out for a couple of days?
    Nah. My father lives in the Houston area and I lived there too as a child, as well as other parts of the Deep South. Y'all can keep the hot, sticky weather. Cold is simply the price we pay for our glorious summers, short as they are.
    Click http://cosmoquest.org/forum/images/buttons/report-40b.png to report a post (even this one) to the moderation team.

Man is a tool-using animal. Nowhere do you find him without tools; without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all. Thomas Carlyle (1795-1881)

Likewise, Trebuchet. Right now I'm waiting for a hired plow to clear our road out here in the valley. I measured 22" on the deck this afternoon, but that was compressed a bit. Probably 25-30" in three overlapping events starting last midweek. Haven't been out since Friday. One more snow overnight, could be another half foot.

The national forecasters really should stick their heads out the window occasionally. Nat Weth Serv has been predicting sleet/rain every day since Saturday. All snow.

I hope it warms up. Our roof pitch isn't really designed for that load.

Warm but rainy Christmas eve.

What's this "white Christmas thing"?
    Measure once, cut twice. Practice makes perfect.
    Wir fahren fahren fahren auf der Autobahn

If I want a white Christmas I might be able to see snow on some distant mountains. I haven't actually touched snow since 1976.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    I haven't actually touched snow since 1976.
    I never touched the stuff, myself, but I hear it was pretty popular in the 70s, though crank is more popular these days.

:-)
    Et tu BAUT? Quantum mutatus ab illo.

Plenty of snow here in Tualatin, Oregon. There's about 34 cm of the stuff on the roof of my car.

60 degrees F, sunny and just great here in sunny Lugano...

The Southern part of Switzerland is semitropical and not at all cold like the rest of the country...

About 40 degrees F, cloudy---expecting rain for next two days...

My location is N. Calif... the last time I saw and touched snow was the winter of 1976...one of our instructors in High School had us read a chapter from Ray Bradbury's The Martian Chronicles.

That was cool.

No snow here, I'm actually planning on checking the garden1 to see what edibles are left, I'm hoping for potatoes and is fairly sure about the cabbages and leeks.

1) an hours travel from where I live during winter so it's been a while since I last checked.

Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn. Benjamin Franklin
    Chase after the truth like all hell and you'll free yourself, even though you never touch its coat tails. Clarence Darrow
    A person who won't read has no advantage over one who can't read. Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by gzhpcu View Post
    The Southern part of Switzerland is semitropical and not at all cold like the rest of the country...
    Really? I didn't know that.

Hopefully no more WIND for us.....and no more snow for Seattle (I don't live there, but my work depends on their weather).

*sigh*
    Monday: Windy. Cold. High - 8 degrees F. Wind chill varried between -8 and -15 degrees.

Tuesday: Warmer. Temps in the mid 20's. 3:30pm, heavy sleet. 0.25" ice blanketting everything. Had to skate to my car after work. Mass traffic accidents. Continued percepitation, but by 5:30 had turned to rain due to raising temperatures.

This morning: Still raining; I don't think it ever stopped. Temps much warmer; high 30's or low 40's. I believe the projected high is in the upper 40's lower 50's but I don't watch the news. Mud and standing water everywhere.

...sometimes I just love central Ohio. This is not one of those times.

Quote Originally Posted by Fazor View Post
    0.25" ice blanketting everything. Had to skate to my car after work.
    I grew up in the upper Midwest, know that weather. Ice storms are the worst, I'd rather have a blizzard. Yes, skating around; ugh. I was always terrified of walking on ice, once crawled across a sidewalk coated with ice like a sheet of glass (that smooth) to get something to my grandmother's apartment. There are things about the North I miss.....that's not one of them.

This is the only time I complain that it isn't cold enough. Today Newtonmas Eve, it is 77 degrees outside so I am blasting the a/c so we can all wear longsleeves...hey I do what I can. Happy Holidays to all, what ever you celebrate!

Beautiful sunny day in southern Australia! 26 degs Celcius.

Currently 41 F here in Germany, but clear over the next three days, so the highs are expected to be around 0 C.

A Cool, Raining , Wet Christmas Day here .
    Too lazy to check the temperature .<yawns>

We had the archetypal white Christmas at the house in Peters Creek. We already had several inches (~12-14) accumulation on the ground and it was snowing when we awoke. Over the next 24 hours, until this morning, we received another 6-7 inches . It was about 17F as I shoveled it off the deck and walk. Fortunately, it was dry, light, and fluffy.
    Last edited by PetersCreek; 2008-Dec-29 at 12:06 AM. Reason: minor correction

69 F
    Overcast
    Humidity: 84%
    Dew Point: 64 F
    Wind: 15 mph from the South
    Pressure: 29.96 in (Falling)
    Visibility: 10.0 miles
    UV: 0 out of 16

feels soooo good outside.

Frankfurt/Germany -4C / 24.8F
    Overcast with some small holes in the clouds

Quote Originally Posted by mahesh View Post
    buttercup....to be honest, as long as the weather is great for a good game of cricket...wherever it is being played, that's just great with me.
    Check out the South Africa v Australia test on at the MCG at the moment. Great game of cricket and magnificent weather - the pitch looks a treat.

Warm & muggy here today - 31 degrees celsius but high humidity made things a little uncomfortable. Christmas day was beautiful - 25 degrees C and crystal clear blue skies. Perfect for our Christmas barbecue!

Quote Originally Posted by closetgeek View Post
    This is the only time I complain that it isn't cold enough. Today Newtonmas Eve, it is 77 degrees outside so I am blasting the a/c so we can all wear longsleeves...hey I do what I can. Happy Holidays to all, what ever you celebrate!
    I also live in a warm climate (originally from cold climate), and still can't quite get used to lawn lights/decorations with no sprinkling of snow.

Currently very cool (45 F) and sunny. Wish we'd get rain at least; sunny winters are not my thing.

Our snow's about to get washed away by a week of rain and temperatures in the 40s. At least, that's what they're telling us. I've been fooled by this storm before.

"Now everyone was giving her that kind of look UFOlogists get when they suddenly say, 'Hey, if you shade your eyes you can see it is just a flock of geese after all.'"

"You can't erase icing."

"I can't believe it doesn't work! I found it on the internet, man!"

Quote Originally Posted by AGN Fuel View Post
    Check out the South Africa v Australia test on at the MCG at the moment. Great game of cricket and magnificent weather - the pitch looks a treat.
    It was a great day for Tony Greig! I harbour great admiration for both Steyn and Duminy due to the way they batted - particularly Steyn who took many a hit to the body!