View Poll Results: Is xbck1 going to go into shock after seeing certain things on television?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 33.33%
  • No

3 33.33%
  • Maybe so

3 33.33%

Thread: TV watching

TV watching

I've read your posts about watching certain TV shows and how good they are. I find them very interesting, especially since I don't watch TV (no reception since I live out in the boonies, no cable) except to watch movies. It's interesting because I have absolutely no idea what most of you are talking about, and I have to do an internet search to find out what some shows are about.

The reason I'm posting this is because I have not really watched television for (almost, more than? It's all a haze... ) two years, and now my sister is getting satellite cable for the whole house tomorrow. It's going to be a weird sensation, to be sure, to turn on the boob-tube and see pictures instead of static. Thank God I'm going back to school next week, otherwise I'd probably do absolutely nothing but watch Sci-Fi, Discovery, and (if she gets it) channels like National Geographic.

It probably hasn't changed that much in two years. Reality shows are the craze. I don't watch 'em but some people are fascinated by the concept of watching other people do the same things they do or did (or would do) at one time or another #-o The sci-fi channel has regressed in the last couple years IMO. Outside of sports, I don't watch all that much TV myself so maybe I'm not the one to comment on it's current state.. but hey, this post at least counts for something -- I'm one step closer to "Bad PhD" :wink:

Quote Originally Posted by Archer17
    It probably hasn't changed that much in two years. Reality shows are the craze. I don't watch 'em but some people are fascinated by the concept of watching other people do the same things they do or did (or would do) at one time or another #-o The sci-fi channel has regressed in the last couple years IMO. Outside of sports, I don't watch all that much TV myself so maybe I'm not the one to comment on it's current state.. but hey, this post at least counts for something -- I'm one step closer to "Bad PhD" :wink:
    What Archer?

Are you not Seeking, Enlightenment?

[-(

Well a few years back (four or so) I decided to see if I could survive a week without any TV (which is a feat for many a middle schooler). Surprise surprise I have never watched TV regularly since.
    Nowadays I only watch TV if there's something REALLY cool on (like Nova occasionally) or to prove I have the time to do it. Luckily I memorized a lot of Simpsons and Family Guy episodes before I stopped watching TV so I can still quote them at will. 8)

No, xbck1 did not go into shock after watching tv. It is a medical fact that tv does not cause shock. Tv actually sucks out the brains of those watching. The symptoms are similar and that is why people get confused.

I very rarely watch tv anymore. I find most of the programing terrible with some even in bad taste. Add to that they ask between $50 and $100 a month for it and then have 1/3 of what they broadcast as commercials makes it a very easy medium to avoid.

If you're looking for a show out there that might send you into shock, try `Arrested Development,' one of my cousins was in a few episodes some time ago, not as a Bluth though.