PDA

View Full Version : A NEW Charlatan: David Booth

nitzer219
2004-Mar-02, 12:44 AM
Hey All -

There's a new Doomsayer on the horizon...GULP, SWEAT!

David Booth, another profitie...uhhh...ummm...PROHPET, yeah, that's it!

www.whatdoesitmean.com

This one is AMAZING! Been watching him for about a week..BA even debunked him on C2Cam last week. Has that dissuaded him? Nahh.

Last week, he posted a critical letter, with the name and contact info. of the guy who criticized him, also saying, he would "close shop"..."not in it for $$", (yet...he still pawns his book).

Did he close shop? You all know the answer. The guy then starts getting death threats from fanatics!

His claim: A planet-sized object will hit the S. Pole in Sept. Any planetary, or solar wobble detected? Nope. Mad Astronomers (only "top tier" frantically flying to S. Pole!)

He won't answer my questions...how can one debate logic?

Check him out...I'm eager to see his illogic crumble.

The Bad Astronomer
2004-Mar-02, 01:08 AM
Also, of course, there is a website attached to this bulletin board (http://www.badastronomy.com/bad/misc/c2c_feb262004.html).

Charlie in Dayton
2004-Mar-02, 06:41 AM
...there is a website attached to this bulletin board...

No disrespect intended...
No prognosticating involved...

Just out of curiosity, BA, have you considered using the above phrase for an epitaph? That'd stop 'em in their tracks, strolling through the boneyard, seeing that carved on a polished granite slab... :o

...is this what they refer to as 'dark humor'?

nitzer219
2004-Mar-02, 07:22 PM
My most humble apology, Charlie, and thanks for the head's up.

I had seen another thread entitled, "x-forum" (a web address, obviously), and didn't know it was verboten!

It is/was my sincerest hope that people would look at Mr. Booth's claims (and I've subsequently crossed some threads mentioning him battling the BA), and dismantle his (heee, heee, cough, cough, ahem), "credibility".

What's irked me the most about him - and I suppose it's akin to Nancy Leider syndrome - is that he's selling a book on Doomsaying, with no: concrete proof, refuses to respond to debate, promised to take his webpage down, yet continues to publish hearsay without data.

I don't know if this is allowed, I'd have to refer to the bylaws, but I'd love to post the letters I wrote him which remain unanswered...so far.

2001Intrepid
2004-Mar-02, 08:01 PM
Read David's posting today:
www.whatdoesitmean.com/index29.htm
Scroll to the essay "Worlds In Collision, All signs Point South"
He claims Nancy stole McCanney's ideas! This is a real hoot. PX will never die! :)

nitzer219
2004-Mar-02, 08:08 PM
Intrepid -

I did this morning. I can't bear it anymore...truly. He won't respond to my line of questions, yet, about 3 or so days ago, he posted "letters" from "people", that offered him feedback and criticisms.

I noted of 12 letters posted, 3 were critical for his being irresponsible, and 9 were singing his praises.

Funny...he never posts my letters, nor responds to them. I just can't figure it out. Pretty soon, I'm going to take my toys and go home! javascript:emoticon('](*,)')

2001Intrepid
2004-Mar-02, 08:33 PM
Nitzer, you sent him a personal email? He's not responding....That doesn't surprise me. He can't PERSONALLY verify anything, but the "ancients" and McCanney can :) (yeah, right....) I've not checked out the website enough to read all the postings. That's on my to- do list. I have been reading his daily disinfo campaign though...
Anyway, question for anyone: Booth claims the transit of Venus last 8 years until 2012. Is this true (="Good Astronomy")? :D

Archer17
2004-Mar-02, 11:34 PM
...question for anyone: Booth claims the transit of Venus last 8 years until 2012. Is this true (="Good Astronomy")? :DTransits of Venus come in pairs with each transit separated by 8 years. So in other words, this "pair" consists of two transits, one in June .. the other in 2012. The actual duration for the June transit is approx 6 hrs IIRC.

jayvinton
2004-Mar-03, 01:35 AM
Please school an unknowing person in the "Transit of Venus". Is this the same occurance that happens when Venus' orbit carries it close to the earth, or the Moon and Venus appear almost within touching distance of each other?

If so, he claims that it is a once in a lifetime event, if so, I say it is not for as a child I remember that same thing happening in the 50's, the radio carried it as a celestial event and even played songs about it, "Venus" by Frankie Avalon was one. Not to seem too quaint about it, but I really would like to know. If it is not, then I will learn something new and not be ashamed to admit it.

Archer17
2004-Mar-03, 02:11 AM
The nice thing about this board is ALL of us continue to learn from each other, it never stops. A transit of Venus is when it is observed crossing the solar disk from Earth. It is rare (last one was seen in 1882) due to our two planets having different orbital planes with regards to the sun. Here's (http://www.transitofvenus.org/faq.htm) a helpful link to some common Venus transit FAQs.

Charlie in Dayton
2004-Mar-03, 06:31 AM
I believe we're at cross purposes here, nitzer...my comments about dissing and prognosticating were in reference to our beloved BA, not wishing him ill or scrying it coming soon. I just had a curious notion...did you know that in the fudge shops on Mackinac Island, they cool the fudge by spreading it out on a marble slab and working it as it thickens? One of the fudge makers supposedly prepared for the future. If the slab in question wasn't in use, and you asked nicely, the man would let you look under the slab, where he'd carved the appropriate available information...he was planning on using his fudge slab as his tombstone...that's the kind of thing that darts through my mind, generating oddball ideas...some folk say I'm nuts. Absolutely -- and I've got the paperwork to prove it.

Anyway, Mr Booth is another of the McCanney/Hoagland/Lieder ilk, looking to attract a following of those who don't know their gluteus maximus from their elbow. And he's likely to find his own dedicated following who have majored in Foaming At The Mouth 101 and Remedial Hand Waving.

nitzer219
2004-Mar-04, 04:02 AM
Anyway, Mr Booth is another of the McCanney/Hoagland/Lieder ilk, looking to attract a following of those who don't know their gluteus maximus from their elbow. And he's likely to find his own dedicated following who have majored in Foaming At The Mouth 101 and Remedial Hand Waving.[/quote]

Apologies for misinterpreting Charlie. Ahhh...Mackinac("aw")! So beautiful...been many times..it's been too long (but now I'm scared to eat the fudge!).

The above was my initial point, Charlie. While I don't doubt he'll have his own following, regardless of what we do, it was my hope that at least we could call his, "Science" (hee, Haaa, HAAAHH!! Ahem.), to the mat.

If people want to have their beliefs in "End of the World" scenerios...so be it. Who are we to change their delusions? I just get irked when an unethical "prophet" profits at the expense of people who don't know better than to take one's word, instead of questioning their logic.

And, you're not "nuts". I work in the "nut" field...and you ain't it. Eccentric, okay..if you wish. Intelligent, yes. Nuts, farrrrrrrrrrr from it.

Gmann
2004-Mar-04, 06:18 PM
PROHPET

Nitzer, I believe the word you are looking for is "PROFIT" of doom. :D

Art Bell mentioned the "quickening" where everything happens faster. I believe in this quickening, instead of the world ending every 20 years or so, it ends every 20 days or so, depending on the channeler, psychic, or ""Scientist"" you happen to be listening to at the time.

I will make my own end times prediction...Pepsi will stop making their diet version of their cola, there by forcing me to drink..."gulp"...water. If that doesn't end the world, I don't know what will.

calliarcale
2004-Mar-04, 07:22 PM
Please school an unknowing person in the "Transit of Venus". Is this the same occurance that happens when Venus' orbit carries it close to the earth, or the Moon and Venus appear almost within touching distance of each other?

If so, he claims that it is a once in a lifetime event, if so, I say it is not for as a child I remember that same thing happening in the 50's, the radio carried it as a celestial event and even played songs about it, "Venus" by Frankie Avalon was one. Not to seem too quaint about it, but I really would like to know. If it is not, then I will learn something new and not be ashamed to admit it.

No, this is a different thing. The upcoming event is Venus transitting the Sun. Nothing weird is actually happening to its orbit. It's just that it will pass directly between the Earth and the Sun, which means that the disk of Venus will appear silouhetted against the Sun. Pretty neat, huh? Mercury can also transit the Sun, and does far more frequently.

The reason we don't always see Venus pass in front of the Sun (despite the fact that it comes between us and the Sun pretty frequently) is because the plane of Venus' orbit and the plane of Earth's orbit are not identical. We have to be crossing the plane of Venus' orbit when it passes between us and the Sun in order for it to appear to transit the solar disk.

Espenak's Eclipse Home Page has a page devoted entirely to the June 2004 transit of Venus (http://sunearth.gsfc.nasa.gov/eclipse/transit/TV2004.html).

EDIT: Here's an even better length, with, amazingly enough, actual pictures from the last transit in 1882: Transit of Venus (http://www.williams.edu/astronomy/eclipse/transits/index.html) (also has information about transits of Mercury).

nitzer219
2004-Mar-04, 10:51 PM
[quote]PROHPET

Nitzer, I believe the word you are looking for is "PROFIT" of doom. :D

Ahhh...they're synonymous/interchangeable when it comes to PlanetXer's.

"Profit" - remains a noun, and adjective.

"Prophet" - remains a noun; becomes an adjective.

After all, "Planet X" is the Twighlight Zone of the board. Why shouldn't Rod Serling's laws apply to grammar here?
#-o

Gmann
2004-Mar-05, 12:51 AM
Maybe we should call him the "Prophet who profits". :D (runs and hides)

JohnOwens
2004-Mar-05, 12:56 AM
How about "The Non-prophet Profit"? :lol:

nitzer219
2004-Mar-05, 04:04 AM
John -

I LOVE IT....I FREAKIN' LOVE IT!!

=D>

Charlie in Dayton
2004-Mar-05, 06:08 AM
And of course, from The Saint Valentine's Day Massacre of a few years back, you could get those handy little corkboard fasteners from the seer who lived in the small village of Windfall, PA...

Yes, you could get your very own Windfall Prophet's Tacks... #-o

Gmann
2004-Mar-05, 02:04 PM
What if some of those tacks are defective. Would we then have tacks breaks? :-k

(This is quickly degrading into a punfest)

Charlie in Dayton
2004-Mar-06, 09:15 AM
...(This is quickly degrading into a punfest)

"Degrading"? Considering the original subject of this thread, switching to puns is a definite upgrade...

2001Intrepid
2004-Mar-10, 07:17 PM
Well, this topic has been ignored for awhile so I dragged it up again. (OK, we know he's a lulu, but the presumptiveness of his postings are fun to read- and today he seems to be an expert on ancient astronomy!). Here's today's snippet and pertains to the 2004 version of PX:

But many years of travel and research has shown me the other side of this coin, so to speak, and that is this: If we today begin to believe that our ancient ancestors lived in a technically advanced world surpassing us today in knowledge and technological achievements, we would then be forced to believe the writings that they have left to us. And these writings, the world over, point to time in our past when our solar system was in chaos, when our planet battled against Venus, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn! But more importantly perhaps was the cause of these battles, a planetary intruder into our solar system that visits us every few thousand years and is accompanied an entourage of enough celestials bodies to make even the bravest men run and hide.

The entire article is at whatdoesitmean.com.

I can't prove it, but I don't think the guy went out and did all this research by himself. And folks, it's kind of like what's on the internet: if our "ancient ancestors" said it, it MUST be true! :)
Oh, and to be sure, when I see this thing, I will "run and hide"! I always run from imaginary planets! :D

N C More
2004-Mar-10, 09:54 PM
Just to point out, take a look (on the main page of the whatdoesitmean site) at the fellow , Wayne Green. This gentleman claims to have found cures for cancer, heart disease, AIDS etc... and also claims to have mastered cold fusion! If this isn't "woo woo" then nothing is!

Sigma_Orionis
2004-Mar-10, 11:40 PM
Wayne Green founded and used to be the editor of several magazines in the HAM Radio/microcomputer field including BYTE, 73 Magazine and 80 Microcomputing, I used to read 80 Microcomputing quite a bit back in the late 70s/early 80s. AFAIK he made quite a bit of money in this field (IDG Corporation bought his business back in 82 I think).

I personally think it's a shame that he now disseminates pseudoscience like Cold Fusion

2001Intrepid
2004-Mar-11, 12:06 AM
Wayne Green has been on C2C a lot and is an "expert" on everything. It's clear he put Booth up to the bookwriting and website promulgating his "predictions", and our imminent destruction by what he referred to as "it". 8-[ On the interview a couple weeks back the statement was made "we're millionaires many time over". Hmmmm...Then GIVE your book away, Davey! :P

Sammy
2004-Mar-11, 02:50 AM
Wayne Green is an unfolding tragedy.

He served honorably in WW2 (submarines). After the war, he made CQ into a leading ham magazine, started "73" magazine and the others noted above. He was one of the first to realize the promise of microcomputing, and the uses of microcomputers in ham radio. He was a man of vision, wit, and a very sucessful entrepeneur.

But then something (senility, mental illness,?) struck and he became a full bore woo woo. He advocated lunar hoax conspiracies, colloidal silver as a cure for most ills, cabbage juice and sauerkraut as a cure for cancer, and a host of other nonsense. His business empire collapsed. He now associates with all sorts of woo woo advocates and web sites.

Sic transit gloria!

(edited to fix late-night typos!)

Sigma_Orionis
2004-Mar-11, 12:38 PM
Indeed, it's apalling

And definitely a case of Sic Transit Gloria.....

2001Intrepid
2004-Mar-13, 08:29 PM
I just can't ignore this guy....! Today'spostingat :www.whatdoesitmean.com
is just beyond stupid. Apart from the grammatical errors, does anyone see any logic here, or backing of the preposterous claims? The advice, as usual, is to "be prepared" for the big event, which has now changed from simply this year to being many events between now and 2012 (there's that year again!) Well, folks, I AM prepared! I can't afford an underground bunker, but I'll be wearing CLEAN underwear! :D :D :D

frogesque
2004-Mar-13, 08:50 PM
2001Intrepid wrote:

I just can't ignore this guy....! Today'spostingat :www.whatdoesitmean.com
is just beyond stupid.

Quote from www.whatdoesitmean.com home page top:

Did you know that of all the existing historical prophecies of all major religions the United States isn't even mentioned?

Ahhh! I knew it, the whole of America is conspiracy!!! :roll:

2004-Mar-13, 09:54 PM
Wayne Green founded and used to be the editor of several magazines in the HAM Radio/microcomputer field including BYTE, 73 Magazine and 80 Microcomputing, I used to read 80 Microcomputing quite a bit back in the late 70s/early 80s. AFAIK he made quite a bit of money in this field (IDG Corporation bought his business back in 82 I think).

I personally think it's a shame that he now disseminates pseudoscience like Cold Fusion

Is this really that Wayne Green? darn ... he really was a pioneer though he was certainly contentious even back in the day. He had a fight with the others at Byte, started a magazine initially called KiloByte (had to be changed to KiloBaud before the first issue was released). He also sent out a small industry newsletter for years which had lots of great gossip.

aurora
2004-Mar-13, 10:42 PM
Is this really that Wayne Green? darn ... he really was a pioneer though he was certainly contentious even back in the day. He had a fight with the others at Byte, started a magazine initially called KiloByte (had to be changed to KiloBaud before the first issue was released). He also sent out a small industry newsletter for years which had lots of great gossip.

Did that turn into Computer Shopper? Or am I thinking of someone else?

Sammy
2004-Mar-14, 02:42 AM
Don't know about Computer Shopper, but it's that Wayne Green. His ham callsign in W1NSD, which he used as "Never Say Die."

Sigma_Orionis
2004-Mar-15, 01:39 PM

I used to read KiloBaud too ......

vonmazur
2004-Mar-18, 06:53 PM
I note that tonight will be David Booth's last public appearance, after visiting Sister Lucia Abora, the last surviving Fatima UFO participant.

I cannot begin to imagine the loopiness that this implies.....Lucy's letter+all that Wayne Green Baggage+Booth's Loopy interpretations of existing religious writings+the need for immediate cash-(in spite of immement destruction).....you get the idea....

Dale in Ala

nitzer219
2004-Mar-19, 03:32 AM
[b]Step right up, folks...It's the return of David Booth, the Profiting Prophet:

I confronted him with the following last spiel on C2Cam. Of course, it went unanswered. I was polite, logical, objective, inquisitive, and asked for proof, or at least a 'defense' of his beliefs. I got silence as a reply. Maybe tonight he'll provide the proof (cough, cough, ahem)?

David -

If your message was sincere, and you're truly concerned with helping people, and not making a profit, why are you closing shop because of one critical letter?

If I KNEW, absolutely KNEW what you are prognosticating to be true, I would devout the necessary time to protect my family (which you've claimed to have done), then I would spend every waking moment of my life, up until the time that it was critical for me to take shelter, helping everyone I possibly could, including exposing the truth about the government with facts.

I would expend every effort to help, and save as many people as I possibly could. After all...establishing a society on "the other side", would be critical I would think.

This is not a letter to mock you. Your behavior, however, baffles me. With a degree, education, and experience in Psychology, and minors in Astronomy, and Philosophy, I have trouble following the logic of your words and actions.

As to your prognostication: Again, I would spend a significant percent of my time and resources PROVING to people that this is, as you said on Coast to Coast AM, a "100% certainty".

Do you have nothing to say on your webpage regarding the claims of Phillip Plaitt? If what you say is to happen, and you and Wayne Green say you have proof, you should challenge Dr. Plaitt to a debate on Coast to Coast am. I am in essence, challenging you both, in search of the truth, to give the people the choice as to who they believe.

I am a Christian, from a Christian family. You seem to be a man of faith, based on living by what your mother said. You know then, "prophets" are called to the 'hard life'. Based on this, how can you just go "underground" as of March?

Your pieces do not add up to a clearly defined puzzle. I don't know you...I'm not judging you, nor condemning, just questioning your stated objectives, logics, beliefs, and goals on your website, based on one critical letter, and what you espouse as your values.

I have as much an open mind as anyone, so please, clarify the above if you would. I think everyone wants the truth...and so far, Phillip Plaitt has been the only one to state provable facts.

Thank you in advance

SKY
2004-Mar-19, 05:50 AM
:o :o :o ...I just learned of this thread!!!

My brother-in-law has listened to this guy on Coast to Coast and seems to be buying into his claims. To make a long story short, my brother-in-law and family (including my wife) have Bible studies every week, and because of the whole "Fatima" thing, he is completely buying into this whole "Doomsday" scenario that is suppose to occur in September of this year. The worst of it is that my wife is starting to believe it :-? . Does anyone know of a web site, web page, anything that gives a rebuttal of his work. I have already printed out the BA's page, but that only gives a brief rebuttal. I want to be armed to the teeth if I can. I tried doing a search for something refuting his claims, but I was unable to find anything. Any help would be appreciated.

2004-Mar-19, 09:06 AM
From the wild posts on GLP, it sounds like Booth and his pal got clobbered by Noory. Evidently, Noory finally had enough of the pair of them and booted them from the show.

Kudos to Noory...I guess.

nitzer219
2004-Mar-19, 09:27 AM
:o :o :o ...I just learned of this thread!!!

My brother-in-law has listened to this guy on Coast to Coast and seems to be buying into his claims. To make a long story short, my brother-in-law and family (including my wife) have Bible studies every week, and because of the whole "Fatima" thing, he is completely buying into this whole "Doomsday" scenario that is suppose to occur in September of this year. The worst of it is that my wife is starting to believe it :-? . Does anyone know of a web site, web page, anything that gives a rebuttal of his work. I have already printed out the BA's page, but that only gives a brief rebuttal. I want to be armed to the teeth if I can. I tried doing a search for something refuting his claims, but I was unable to find anything. Any help would be appreciated.

Maybe this will help, Sky: George Noory, on Coast to Coast am tonight, just gave David Booth and Wayne Green, "THE BOOT" off the show, because they were just teasing the audience with his apparent, "five min." meeting with Lucida. I applaud George for demanding proof.
javascript:emoticon('=D>')
Since I am a Christian and a Scientist (but not a Christian Scientist), I take this perspective:

Christ told his followers: What to do, when to do it, why to do it, how to do it, and where to do it. Similarly, Moses told us the same and also what not to do.

TRUE Biblical prophets would have accepted "donations" for the book, at MOST...free distribution, at best. I would just like to know if Wayne Green and David Booth have invested in these shipping containers they suggest we convert into bunkers.

Truly amazing.

2001Intrepid
2004-Mar-19, 09:39 AM
I haven't listened to the show yet, but believe me, I will. As a Catholic, I have studied the apparitons at Fatima in 1917, and the final revelation was revealed by the Pope in 2000. It had NOTHING to do with the end of the world, planets bashing us, etc. It had to do more with a crisis of faith in the Catholic Church. How Booth ever (if he isn't just making this up) got a private audience with Sister Lucia dosSantos is beyond me. From what I know of her, she has led a very quiet, spiritual life, is sincere and doesn't seek publicity, unlike Booth. I am convinced he is crackpot. If anyone has followed his posts until he removed himself (yeah, dump on us and run!), there is a very subtle change of focus as he eventually remarked that whatever he thinks is going to happen this year is just the start of many events between 2004 and (of course), 2012. During the first interview last month,however, we were all to be done for this year. I'm not holding my breath! :-?

Gmann
2004-Mar-19, 02:27 PM
I would just like to know if Wayne Green and David Booth have invested in these shipping containers they suggest we convert into bunkers.

I listened to their garbage last night, and I also applaud George for sending them away. I have listened to George for several years and trust me, he was very upset. I have heard him chase away woo-woo's before, but it is rare, he usually gives them thier allotted time, and lets the audience decide. I question the wisdom of burying yourself underground when the main catastrophe is supposed cause you to be buried under several feet of volcanic dust. Not a bright idea, or am I missing something? :-k The doors on those type of containers open to the outside, how are you going to get out :o If we are still here in October, then I guess they were wrong. As a side note, they mention that the Gubbermint knows all about it, if so, why the Presidential Election? Shouldn't they both be running for the bunkers instead of President? This whole thing is supposed to be kicked off by a Planet sized object coming up from the south and causing Yellowstone Park to erupt. 87% of the world population will be destroyed, but, If you buy the "book" you will find out how to be saved. What a crock of [bad word not typed, because I'm not stupid].

Archer17
2004-Mar-19, 04:24 PM
Noory kicked someone off his show! I'm impressed!!

SKY
2004-Mar-19, 04:40 PM
Maybe this will help, Sky: George Noory, on Coast to Coast am tonight, just gave David Booth and Wayne Green, "THE BOOT" off the show, because they were just teasing the audience with his apparent, "five min." meeting with Lucida. I applaud George for demanding proof.

I'm sooooo glad to hear that. I didn't listen to the interview, but I'm sure my brother-in-law did. I hope he realizes now that Mr. Booth isn't the profit (yes, pun intented) he claims to be. :D

...I have studied the apparitons at Fatima in 1917, and the final revelation was revealed by the Pope in 2000. It had NOTHING to do with the end of the world, planets bashing us, etc. It had to do more with a crisis of faith in the Catholic Church.

After my wife and I had a discussion on Mr. Booth's "Prophesies" I did some research about "Fatima". I remember hearing about this occurance before, but I had never looked into it. My search took me to the Vatican's web site, and I found that all three of the Prophesies of Fatima were revealed, the last one in 2000 by Pope John Paul II. I printed out the entire Vatican's page about Fatima and gave it to my wife to read...This then promted my brother-in-law to print the web page of David Booth's "Prophecy" and give it to my wife as a rebuttal. In David Booth's page it stated that the Vatican was hiding the truth about the last prophecy #-o . Typical Doomsayer...when you have no evidence to support your claim, blame someone for hidding it :roll: .

Anyway, I have printed the BA's page concerning David Booth and given it to my wife and I think she has changed her mind concerning Mr. Booth's credibility, especially after I told her a bit ago that he was kicked off the show last night. My brother-in-law may not be so easy to convince though :-? .

tynan
2004-Mar-19, 05:25 PM
I've read some of Revelations (or the Apocalpyse in the Catholic Bible) and there is a warning of 'False Prophets'.

I think this David Boothe would fall under the 'False Prophet' catagory.

I missed the part where Noory booted him!

And as for NancyL being a 'False Prophet' naaaaaaaa, she's just nuttier than whatever!

Also, since I missed the 'booting' of David Boothe, was he really trying to peddle his book and video instead of answering Noory's questions? Thats what people that listened to the entire thing told me.

N C More
2004-Mar-19, 05:54 PM
I question the wisdom of burying yourself underground when the main catastrophe is supposed cause you to be buried under several feet of volcanic dust. Not a bright idea, or am I missing something? :-k The doors on those type of containers open to the outside, how are you going to get out :o

Yeah, but Mr. Boothe knows that this isn't "really" going to happen so it's a moot point! It seems fairly obvious that Mr. Boothe and Mr. Green are in this just for the money. It's so disturbing that they influence people to pay for their nonsense and that some people really begin to believe in it as well! I think it's just plain "wrong" to promote "doomsday" for profit...period.

Rc2000
2004-Mar-19, 06:34 PM
JohnOwens
How about "The Non-prophet Profit"?

DUDE! That was too funny!http://monsters4u3.com/gifs/rofl.gif

Sky, here are some things Christ said about the end.

Matthew 13
48:When it was full, the fishermen pulled it up on the shore. Then they sat down and collected the good fish in baskets, but threw the bad away.
49:This is how it will be at the end of the age. The angels will come and separate the wicked from the righteous
50:and throw them into the fiery furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Matthew 24
36:"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.
37:As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man.

Luke 21
8:He replied: "Watch out that you are not deceived. For many will come in my name, claiming, 'I am he,' and, 'The time is near.' Do not follow them.

Luke 21:8 might be out of place here, but serves as a warning not to listen to fear-mongers and -- non-prophet profits (couldn't resist).
Anyone claiming to have 'the inside scoop' on the end of the world is trying to deceive and trying to use the Bible to gain power over people that might not know enough about the book so they can find the truth about something, plus as has been mentioned, to pad their wallets.
Mixing (pseudo) science and religion together like this is definately NOT COOL! http://monsters4u3.com/gifs/bangdesk.gif

Good to hear your wife is seeing thru the sham. Hopefully your brother-in-law can see thru it too before it sinks it's claws in too deep.

Rc

EDIT: Shortened post

vonmazur
2004-Mar-19, 06:46 PM
Well I listened, and it was worse than I imagined. Since I was raised a Roman Catholic, I was mystified by the meeting with Sr. Lucia, why would she even care about this non-Catholic prophecies?? Not that you have to be a Catholic to be genuine, but this guy is so commercial!!! In any case I was impressed by George Noory booting the two off....at least they have some standards!!

Any evidence for this Booth person's vision is self-provided, as is the case with the claim for the 1979 Crash vision. He says he saw it 10 times, but he cannot of course, prove that. I suspect that it is the same with the South Pole vision, how can we verify this, except through observation of some large object coming into the solar system from the south, even if it is coming at high velocity, it would have to be very visible even now, if it is Sept 9 that it arrives, then if not visible, it is travelling very fast, and most likely too fast, ie: beyond solar escape velocity!!! Then what is the attraction?? Solar gravity or just blind aiming??? So one on this board with a degree in Astronomy can explain this better I am sure!!

BTW: Which direction in relation to the North Pole and the Plane of the Ecliptic is the Sun travelling?? I wonder if this is a non Sun orbiting object, then where is it coming from and going to??? I know that this is a wierd question, but if this thing is going that fast, it ain't orbiting the Sun, so it has no Solar System momentum, and I cannot begin to imagine how it is going to "Catch Up" so to speak, and if it is following the solar sytem as a whole, it becomes even more ridiculous!!!! Talk about long odds of a hit, I would think the Sun has a better chance of being hit by such a rogue object that the Earth, heck even Jupiter has a better chance of attracting this thing that we do!!!!

Dale in Ala

SKY
2004-Mar-19, 07:24 PM
Sky, here are some things Christ said about the end.

Matthew 13
48:When it was full, the fishermen pulled it up on the shore. Then they sat down and collected the good fish in baskets, but threw the bad away.
49:This is how it will be at the end of the age. The angels will come and separate the wicked from the righteous
50:and throw them into the fiery furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Matthew 24
36:"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.
37:As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man.

Luke 21
8:He replied: "Watch out that you are not deceived. For many will come in my name, claiming, 'I am he,' and, 'The time is near.' Do not follow them.

Luke 21:8 might be out of place here, but serves as a warning not to listen to fear-mongers and -- non-prophet profits (couldn't resist).
Anyone claiming to have 'the inside scoop' on the end of the world is trying to deceive and trying to use the Bible to gain power over people that might not know enough about the book so they can find the truth about something, plus as has been mentioned, to pad their wallets.

Thanks for that. The next time I talk to him I will make sure to point him in that direction. On an interesting note, My wife called me and said that her brother had called her asking if she had listened to the show last night. She said she hadn't, but had heard what happened. He confirmed what I had told her about Mr. Booth being booted off the show. They didn't get into much detail about what he thought of it because they were both at work, but I have a feeling he is having second thoughts of Mr. Booth's "Prophesies" =D> .

Mixing (pseudo) science and religion together like this is definately NOT COOL! http://monsters4u3.com/gifs/bangdesk.gif
Exactly! When he first started listening to these people (Booth, Green, etc.) and discussing the notions of these individuals, at first I thought he was doing it just to get a rise out of me (he's kinda like that). He knows I don't by into the pseudoscience stuff, and at times we will have discussions about UFO's and other related stuff where he will argue with me just to argue. Most of the time he doesn't believe what he argues, he just does it for the sake of discussion. But, when I heard he started "Preaching" (for the lack of a better term) Mr. Booth's ideas in their Bible study, I knew he was seriously believing Mr. Booth. They take their Bible study pretty seriously, and if he didn't believe it, he wouldn't have mentioned it. So, that's when I knew I needed to get more details on the subject. I'm just glad I didn't have to do a whole lot, due to Mr. Booth putting his foot in his mouth last night :D .

Good to hear your wife is seeing thru the sham. Hopefully your brother-in-law can see thru it too before it sinks it's claws in too deep.

Rc

I just spoke to my wife not long ago (that's when she told me her brother called her) and she is pretty much laughing at the whole thing now. She wants me and her to talk to him and try to convince him without doubt that Mr. Booth is wrong. And I know that one thing he respects more than anything is the Bible, so I will definitely direct him to the passages you listed.

Thanks again. :)

[edited to add] Oops, I forgot to ask, what version of the Bible are you referrencing? I'm not sure which one he has, but I believe it is the King James version.

SarahMc
2004-Mar-19, 07:50 PM
Also, since I missed the 'booting' of David Boothe, was he really trying to peddle his book and video instead of answering Noory's questions? Thats what people that listened to the entire thing told me.

Absolutely. Noory would ask Booth a question, and Booth would answer "Yes", "No", or "I can't tell you". He sounded like he was on a polygraph. He claimed his five minutes with Sr. Lucia was to give him a "private" message that he couldn't (and wouldn't) reveal. Noory was getting fed up with him, and everytime Noory pushed Booth for an answer, Green would jump in and start selling books, videos and at one point, even wanted to promote some "friend" that was selling shipping containers (for use as bunkers).

There's no evidence he even had a meeting with her, other than his word.

It was more fun listening to McCanney's hour, at least that was somewhat humorous. The next two hours were nothing but "Tell us" and "No", until Noory told them to either tell all and be honest, or he'd go to open phone lines and stop the interview. Booth said he'd give Noory information during the break, and Noory said if it was "more of the same", they wouldn't be back for the next segment.

When Noory came back, he said "We'll be going to open lines after these messages". I think it was obvious to Noory that the whole "Sr. Lucia event" was a just promotion for their merchandise.

That's when I turned the radio off.

tynan
2004-Mar-19, 08:32 PM
Thank you Sarah, that is what I figured.

I just went to his (Boothe's) website, looked, there was the book
Code Red: The Coming Destruction of The United States (only $19.95 :roll: )

And a DVD (for only $29.95 :roll: )

And then NEWS, not news only about 'earth changes' or any asteroids, but political, education etc....

So... I wrote him an email.... asked him if his book or DVD revealed any more about this 'coming destruction' or is just how to 'save your self' with digging a large hole. And WHY does he have all this 'unrelated' news on his website, if WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE? I sure wouldn't be interested if I KNEW for sure I'm going to die in Sept! I'm sure he will discard it, as I'm sure others have written the same.

I'm GLAD that FINALLY Noory booted a phoney off. Bout time!

Rc2000
2004-Mar-19, 08:53 PM
Those are from the New International Version. In NIV and KJV, they're not too different. If he indeed takes his faith seriously, those might help him to see just how wrong this latest 'end of the world' thing is.

As for correct astronomy, this place is the greatest! The BA and others here are an excellent source of info and knowledge. Course, I just noticed your post count and figure you know all this already. (grin)

Best of luck,
Rc

SKY
2004-Mar-19, 09:37 PM
Those are from the New International Version. In NIV and KJV, they're not too different. If he indeed takes his faith seriously, those might help him to see just how wrong this latest 'end of the world' thing is.

Thanks, I will point him in that direction then, and I appreciate your help. :)

As for correct astronomy, this place is the greatest! The BA and others here are an excellent source of info and knowledge. Course, I just noticed your post count and figure you know all this already. (grin)

I've directed him to this site before, and have printed stuff for him to read (mostly the BA's movie reviews...he got a real kick out of the review of Armageddon :D ). But, until now, there was no real reason to have to rebutt him (well, not seriously anyway). In the past, when we would have arguments (or discussions) concerning stuff like UFO's and such, I would beat him against the wall with facts and he would finally come back with the most ridiculous rebuttal he could think of, to where even he couldn't help but laugh. That's when I knew he was yanking my chain. But this time, I think Mr. Booth's words seeped too far into his head and he lost reason :-? .

I should also note that he is a fan of the BA's interviews on C2C and always says to me "That 'Bad Astronomer' guy was on last night". Then sometimes we would talk about what was said, mostly cause I didn't listen to the interview and he did :oops: .

I think that maybe one of the reasons this got to him more than most (pseudo)science interviews is because it touched close to a subject that he is passionate about, and he probably (and maybe desparatly) wanted to believe that there was more to the Fatima than what was already revealed.

And don't let my post count fool ya...I'm at 438 posts without a single useful one :P :D .

nitzer219
2004-Mar-20, 04:41 AM
I will be VERY interested to see if this results from last night's Coast to Coast am. This is an email I sent to George tonight:

"ARE YOU (George Noory) PART OF THE CONSPIRACY?"

Hey George -

I'm wondering, now that you were so admirably confrontational with Wayne and David, if you will now be considered part of the "Govt. Conspiracy", because they could not dictate the show's agenda last night? (In my opinion, one of your top 3 moments!)

For, and ON the record last night, they said, "You (George, and presumably Art, and C2Cam), are one of the last places where the truth can be told."

I'll be interested to see if and what they say about this in the future.

Further to last night: They both made claims that the govt. was at LEAST complicit by omission of the truth about the fate of the world in the future.

Yet...when given the opportunity, neither David nor Wayne would reveal their "truths" of the meeting with Lucita.

As I've said...prophets are historically NOT secret people...they tell the truth so candidly, more than not, they DIE for it. They don't "allude" to truth...they are ordained by God to profess truth.

Interesting contradictions, wouldn't you say?

Best,

Michael

nitzer219
2004-Mar-20, 07:29 AM
EXPOSED AS FRAUD!

Good work, George Noory and staff! The show called the Carmelite Order in Portugal to see if David Booth met with Sr. Lucia.....HE DID NOT!!

KUDOS to Coast to Coast am, and also to the BA for excellent work in debunking a "non-prophet Profit" (as one of our colleagues so wittfully posted on this thread)!

I hope those of us who confronted him hard, called C2Cam to skepticize him, and held his feet to the fire, in a small way, contributed to the education of some of the more gullible, and maybe saved them some cash!

If that proves to be true...then BA...for that ALONE (not to mention all the other attributes and benefits of www.badastronomy), this page and you are worth your weight in gold!

tynan
2004-Mar-21, 06:35 PM
Hi
I'm really happy that Booth was exposed....

Is there anyplace that tells he was not in Spain meeting with Sister Lucia?

Not that I don't believe it, I do, just would be interested in seeing where you found that

Thanks!

(and I had many doubts after all the posts here)

Oh, and Nancy looks to be 'jealous' :) that David Booth is getting media attention....... attention she isn't getting, its in her NEW ZT :) )

nitzer219
2004-Mar-22, 05:10 AM
Hi
I'm really happy that Booth was exposed....

Is there anyplace that tells he was not in Spain meeting with Sister Lucia?

Not that I don't believe it, I do, just would be interested in seeing where you found that

Hey Tynan: I can offer a couple things readily available on the net, as counter to the claims. However, the information about Booth having NOT been to the Carmelite monastary in Portugal came right from www.coasttocoastam.com on Friday's show. George Noory's researchers called the monastary. I did come across this article, however, describing what is required to have an audience with Sister Lucia.

Also, below that, as I predicted, Wayne Green responded to an email I sent him, now shifting the blame to George Noory, saying HE conned his audience. See below:

When we read letters like that and see how God and the Blessed Mother have used this human being, it makes us feel that we have a chance.

Let me tell you another charming story that shows her great intelligence and wit. To get to see and interview her, one must have the permission of the pope. This one theologian finally got permission to interview her.

http://www2.marian.org/thebulletin/issues/issue140/article140130.html

This was direct email response from Wayne Green:

Now, were you conned by me or by George? You sure whip around with the slightest wind. Tsk. You'll see solid proof that Booth met with Sister Lucia on his web site when he gets back Tuesday.

Wayne

David (and Wayne) -

It seems as though you owe Mr. Rollins a profuse, and heartfelt apology, seeing as you "live by your words" (per YOUR WORDS below).

I am a Christian, and a scientist; it's not mine to judge you, that's up to "Someone" else, so it would be inappropriate to say "I forgive you." However, you wronged, among others, Mr. Rollins.

I wouldn't blame him one bit for filing suit against you, for defamation of character, and reckless endangerment, as he received threats from your posting his email on your website.

I would hope you at least now have the dignity to apologize to him, the public, and post a retraction. Do the right thing now, "gentlemen" (David & Wayne), if you can.

Funny how facts and science always seemed to be an obstacle for you two, and that my request for "proof" went repeatedly unanswered. You claimed, "listen to the silence"...and that's what I heard from both of you, from the first airing: Silence on the facts, Sales' pitches, and defamating the character of an honest man (Glenn), who questioned your methods and alarming the public.

(I was starting to wonder when you were going to start selling "Shipping Container" condominiums on your website for people to bury in their yards as shelters.)

Mike

2001Intrepid
2004-Mar-22, 09:55 AM
Good job, Nitzer! As I said earlier, I just could not fathom how a nobody like Booth could get an audience with Sr. Lucia. What would he say to her? "Lucia, the world is coming to an end, because I say it will". And just for the he** of it , I emailed Booth a couple of weeks back and said I probably wouldn't have time to hear the interview (a "white lie" :D ); I just wanted an advance scoop on the "visit". And I even asked him if he'd asked her to pray for the world. Reply? Zip, of course! (He's hard to beat at his own game, I guess! ):D

junkyardpizza
2004-Mar-23, 07:21 PM
After hearing the interview, I did a Google search on the David Booth and found this forum. I have been following it, and today I checked out his website. It appears that David has written a statement that is interesting. I guess he still has some stuff to say even after his "absolutely final interview" I'll paste it here:
http://www.whatdoesitmean.com/index29.htm

It has come to my attention that George Noory is disputing my visit. I don't understand this as I had promised to send him the pictures of my visit upon my return to the United States. I do not understand his motives but nevertheless, this coming Friday March 27, I will post on this site the photographs and the audio of my visit.

Sincerely,

David Booth

2001Intrepid
2004-Mar-23, 08:07 PM
I think his credibility is shot-He'll probably haved faked photos, like the kind on the cover of National Enquirer! Nonetheless, I'll tune in Friday (He probably needs a few days To "prepare" the photos and audio! :D

pteranodon
2004-Mar-23, 08:46 PM
How about "The Non-prophet Profit"? :lol: :lol:

junkyardpizza
2004-Mar-24, 02:10 AM
It looks like he took the text out of the link he had online today. The letter is missing now...Did he have a change of heart on the March 27 unveiling? He definately changed some of the info on the frontpage of his website (his horrible, difficult to navigate website)

vonmazur
2004-Mar-24, 05:54 PM
I was wondering just how he got to visit, I have been informed,in Catholic School years ago, that the Pope's permission was required to bother Sr. Lucia......When David would not say how he got in, I was only a little suspicious of the story......Quite often I suspect the guests on CtoC are just interested in selling a book or tape. I think that if they are true woowoos, they would not want to sell something, "just put out the poop", and spread the word to the unwashed masses...I can at least respect a true nut case, who just wants to tell us something, but when they say;"People do not value something that does not cost them...." I hear the dive alarm in the submarine go off, and I reach for the dial.......

Dale in Ala

junkyardpizza
2004-Mar-24, 08:08 PM
Yeah. The "no cost" thing bothered me too. George mentioned on the Friday night show that he did not plan on ever having either guest on the show again.

I don't know about you, but when George began going off on them it was like the whole world stopped and I couldnt stop listening to the radio. It was a great moment.

"Why are you here??"

vonmazur
2004-Mar-24, 11:10 PM
Oh I kept on listening, I was astounded when George kicked them off...even Long John Nebel would let George Adamski go on and on for hours, so I was really impressed by the way that Noory did it!!! For the kids here, Long John was on WOR AM in New York in the late 50's mid 60's era, he was I think, the first guy to do the woowoo shows that I know of....

Dale in Ala

nitzer219
2004-Mar-25, 12:41 AM
I'm just dying laughing at all your impressions of the show...but harder at Booth and Green's behavior!

Seems they've already gone underground, fearing for a reason other than Planet X!

Von: Re: the "permission from the pope": Yes indeed. Up above, albeit not separated well, I have a blurb from a Catholic reporter/publication that mentions that precisely...so u b right!

LOL..."When something is free...interest in it is lost!" Yeah...I wonder why when we have a garage sale, people come half an hour early just to go through what we're throwing out!?

So many GREAT quotable quotes:
"Listen in the silence..."
"I CAN'T TELL YOU...it's personal! Okay, go to break, and I'll tell you something!" (OH...and I'll have pictures up when I get back!

Buh bye, David and Wayne...yet...I hope you come back for our entertainment.

(Oh..and the book? Of course, still up on the site, and still for sale...so much for "coming down March 18th!"

Xbalanque
2004-Mar-25, 12:55 AM
Buh bye, David and Wayne...yet...I hope you come back for our entertainment.

(Oh..and the book? Of course, still up on the site, and still for sale...so much for "coming down March 18th!"

I've no doubts they'll be back peddling some new doom-and-gloom (at a price).

Taibak
2004-Mar-25, 06:53 AM
I'm just amused that Booth never once seemed to realise how easy it would be to get in touch with either Sister Lucia's order or the Vatican Press Office to check his story - and how likely it would be that any marginally competent journalist would do so.

Psi-less
2004-Mar-25, 03:51 PM
After hearing the interview, I did a Google search on the David Booth and found this forum. I have been following it, and today I checked out his website. It appears that David has written a statement that is interesting. I guess he still has some stuff to say even after his "absolutely final interview" I'll paste it here:
http://www.whatdoesitmean.com/index29.htm

The page at the link now appears to contain an anguished note from David's daughter and his "proof" which seems to consist of a photo of (I presume) David next to a door, a close-up photo of a stamped return address for the convent and a photo of what appears to be a hand-written note and the envelope the close-up was taken from. Of course the note is too far away to read and you can't read the postmark or any signature on it and none of the photos prove that he actually spoke with the Sister. I think my opinion is still [-( in spite of all of his "proof".

Psi-less

vonmazur
2004-Mar-25, 04:19 PM
All of this reminds me of what a Religion Professor once said:
"It is difficult to remember, when your are up to your apeture in Manichean Dualists, that your original objective was to Imamantize the Eschaton!"

I wonder if anyone else has noted the pronounced Psychological Abberations encompassed by these "Dualistic Doom Promoters"?

This includes the Zeta crowd too, there is a book waiting to be written by the next Carl Jung on this stuff........

Dale in Ala

JimTKirk
2004-Mar-25, 05:05 PM
I zoomed in on the card and here is what it says:

I wish you and Mrs. Booth a fruitful trip. Please give these holy cards to Sister Lucy (Fatima Seer). God bless you.

The note itself says at the top: A Note from Joan and is dated 3/8/04

So it proves nothing...

Psi-less
2004-Mar-25, 05:44 PM
Good job, JimT! I guess it's proof that somebody, somewhere believed that he was going to see the Sister. :D I'm still not sure exactly what the door is supposed to prove since there's no way to tell where it is. Even if it is the door to the convent, it still doesn't prove he met with her. I have pictures of my husband and I at Merlin's Cave at Tintagel, so I guess that's proof we talked with Merlin. 8)

Psi-less

2001Intrepid
2004-Mar-26, 05:58 AM
OMG! I am gagging on the "anguished note" from his daughter....I'm sure she is writing it from the fam's underground bunker (every family should have at least one, don't you think?) I hope she gets out for some air every now and then; sound like she needs it! :D

junkyardpizza
2004-Mar-26, 03:32 PM
There is a link to these photos on the frontpage of his site titled "Notes from March 24, 2004". I don't know if it's so-called proof or what. I wouldn't think it would be show notes since the Noory interview was supposed to be his last.

The first image on the link definately crops someone out on his left. I wish I knew what he was trying to show here.

http://www.whatdoesitmean.com/kd25.jpg

The other two pictures are clearly of the same items on a wooden desk. I don't think we will see any other photographic evidence since his daughter's final thoughts in her letter were

My reason for writing to you today is to request your opinion on a matter that my father has entrusted me with, what to do with his tapes, photographs and notes from his recent trip. I would appreciate your thoughts and opinions, and please email them to webmaster@whatdoesitmean.com.

The plot thickens...

Psi-less
2004-Mar-26, 03:56 PM
Perhaps the door photo is just proof of that change in the tilt of the earth's axis. :roll:

Psi-less

John J
2004-Mar-26, 04:18 PM
Did David Booth really talk to the FAA in advance about the plane crash? I've been searching for some info on the internet. Before I consider David Booth's prediction for 2004 I need some kind of documentation or proof. Can anyone help?

Thanks.
John J :o

Psi-less
2004-Mar-26, 04:30 PM
Did David Booth really talk to the FAA in advance about the plane crash? I've been searching for some info on the internet. Before I consider David Booth's prediction for 2004 I need some kind of documentation or proof. Can anyone help?

Thanks.
John J :o

I'm not sure what prediction you're talking about, but I'm not sure how you'd know unless you asked the FAA if they had a record of having talked with David. And think of it from a conspiracist's point of view: if you ask the FAA and they deny having spoken with him, it's just part of the "cover up". Seeing what he's stated about the so-called "third secret of Fatima" and what it actually contained (see http://tinyurl.com/7r4b), I think I'd take anything he has to say with a sizeable quantity of salt.

Psi-less
*edited to fix the URL*

John J
2004-Mar-26, 04:58 PM
I meant the 1979 american airlines crash that he claims to have reported to the FAA in advance. The host on "Feet to the Fire" stated it was true that he reported past predictions to government agencies. I'd just like to know if this is really true about the 1979 plane crash. Did he really report it to the FAA in advance accurately before it happened? I've search google and so far haven't found any proof. I tried the FAA website, and and found an advisory circular that was cancelled. So I'm wandering if I'm going to find any documentation or proof. As I said, I'd like some proof of the 1979 plane crash prediction reported to the FAA before I consider his prediction about 2004. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks :o

John J

Psi-less
2004-Mar-26, 05:18 PM
As I say, unless you check with the FAA and verify that he called them in advance, I don't know how else you could check it. I'm sure the FAA gets a fair number of predictions over the course of a year; perhaps one of the more knowledgable folks here on the board would know if those are tracked and/or recorded. The only sites I can find dealing with his "prediction" are all presenting it long after the fact (obviously since the Internet as such hasn't been around since 1979) and seem to be of the "gee-whiz" school. I.e. lots of the "Wow! Yet another true prediction!" sort of thing, but short on any documentary evidence to back it up. A few of the more honest ones are phrasing it as "he apparently dreamed" and " He allegedly recognized a specific airline's symbol..." I did like one site's disclaimer, though: "* The webmasters of this site DO NOT claim endorsement of this site or of the information contained herein by any of the authors, researchers or organizations listed here. Authors, researcher and organizations are mentioned for informational purposes." :lol:

Psi-less

nitzer219
2004-Mar-27, 04:26 AM
While this is not proof, I clearly recall an old television show of the late 70's and early 80's called: "Real People".

For those that never saw it, it was essentially a show that profiled people with eccentricities and quirky habits. It ran quite a gamut.

I do recall their profile of Booth, and they reported his claim, as well as verified his dream report to the FAA.

Do I believe this latest series? No. Do I know why he's making these claims? I have two hypotheses, but in truth, I do not believe he's precognizing an event of the near future (of course, we will eventually be struck again). As is replete on this bulletin board, I have to reference Occam's Razor once again....what is most likely given the facts?

1. Is he deluded? Possibly
2. Is he a "non-prophet profit"? Possibly
3. Is he seeing something to which the rest of us are not privy? Most unlikely.

John J
2004-Mar-27, 12:19 PM
A theory is still a theory. I'm more interested in facts and documentation or any kind of proof I can find. Then I'll make my own educated guess.

John J
2004-Mar-27, 12:21 PM
Thanks for the info though.

2004-Mar-27, 12:57 PM
Thanks for the info though.

More info on Booth
http://www.rense.com/general50/doom2.htm

John J
2004-Mar-27, 01:14 PM
Yes. Thanks very much. :-) Here's another one I just found before I logged on entitled "PLAGIARIZED WORK IN DAVID BOOTH'S BOOK " at
http://www.surfingtheapocalypse.net/cgi-bin/forum.cgi?read=1203
Way to go. Whoopi. Thanks. I have to admit I haven't read it all yet but I will.

John J
2004-Mar-27, 01:23 PM
By the way. Did anyone notice that on David Booth's website ( www.whatdoesitmean.com) , no more orders are being taken for his book or DVD. And the links that were there earlier to the Jeff Rense, Coast to Coast, and two other Radio show links I don't rememer the name of aren't there now. I don't like to make assumptions, but it does seem odd.

Gmann
2004-Mar-27, 02:17 PM
I just clicked the link, and lo and behold, his website is gone. I have a feeling that the charges plagarism, combined the C2C incident has probably brought down his house of cards. I wonder how Wayne Green is faring? I'm sure the good folks at Premier Networks are not too fond of having their chains pulled in the way that these two did. I wouldn't be surprised if they get the "Amazing Kreskin" treatment.

Mars
2004-Mar-27, 02:22 PM
I just clicked the link, and lo and behold, his website is gone. I have a feeling that the charges plagarism, combined the C2C incident has probably brought down his house of cards. I wonder how Wayne Green is faring? I'm sure the good folks at Premier Networks are not too fond of having their chains pulled in the way that these two did. I wouldn't be surprised if they get the "Amazing Kreskin" treatment.

It's still there John's link was misspelled http://www.whatdoesitmean.com/

Psi-less
2004-Mar-27, 03:01 PM
By the way. Did anyone notice that on David Booth's website ( www.whatdoesitmean.com) , no more orders are being taken for his book or DVD. And the links that were there earlier to the Jeff Rense, Coast to Coast, and two other Radio show links I don't rememer the name of aren't there now. I don't like to make assumptions, but it does seem odd.

The "proof" is gone now as well and there is a new page written by his daughter where she repeatedly speaks of him being manipulated. By who? She also makes veiled references to "...my fathers most vocal and (seemingly) powerful enemies, who also have the ability to speak to much larger audiences than most of us could ever dream about, are angered by my fathers refusal to appear on their programs." If she's referring to C2C, he didn't refuse; he was there and he got booted.

Psi-less

John J
2004-Mar-27, 03:03 PM
Yes, there was supposed to be a space before that last parethesy, sorry.

junkyardpizza
2004-Mar-28, 03:20 AM
Well, I would be surprised if we ever hear from Booth again. I think about what he must have thought about with this whole thing. Perhaps he had a vision of the AA plane crash. I don't know why he did, but perhaps he did. I don't question God's motives on the unexplainable, but I believe that I guess they can and do happen from time to time.

Regardless, I think that he conjured up a new vision to make a few pennies. Get in, get out with my money and when the catastrophic event fails to occur, he fades away with all the rest of them, richer than before. I even believe that he fooled his own daughter.

What he DIDN'T count on was putting on a sub-par performance on C2C and having Norry get ticked off, thus generating so much intrigue in his story and the validity of, not the future, but the tangible facts of his own past and present. It made for some GREAT radio and it now makes the internet a whole lot more interesting as well! Thank you Booth!

With no more interviews (not with the scrutiny surrounding him), I'm sure his books are flying off the shelves. I'm sure he can use the leftovers for fuel in his underground fortress when the world explodes...

John J
2004-Mar-28, 10:07 AM
They were on 3 other radio shows as well. He appeared with Wayne Green twice on http://www.coasttocoastam.com/
http://www.innersites.com/feet2fire/
http://www.rense.com
http://www.mysteriesofthemind.com/ .

There were links to all four of there on his site until it changed recently.

John J

John J
2004-Mar-28, 10:28 AM
BTW. There's another response from Rachel Booth at www.rense.com .

http://www.rense.com/general50/boothsdaughter.htm

John J

John J
2004-Mar-28, 10:36 AM
I made a little mistake, David Booth appeared more than twice on some of the radio shows.

John J
2004-Mar-28, 10:51 AM
Ah, now there are many more articles at http://www.surfingtheapocalypse.net/cgi-bin/forum.cgi

John J

David Mc
2004-Mar-28, 02:26 PM
While this is not proof, I clearly recall an old television show of the late 70's and early 80's called: "Real People".

For those that never saw it, it was essentially a show that profiled people with eccentricities and quirky habits. It ran quite a gamut.

I do recall their profile of Booth, and they reported his claim, as well as verified his dream report to the FAA.

Do I believe this latest series? No. Do I know why he's making these claims? I have two hypotheses, but in truth, I do not believe he's precognizing an event of the near future (of course, we will eventually be struck again). As is replete on this bulletin board, I have to reference Occam's Razor once again....what is most likely given the facts?

1. Is he deluded? Possibly
2. Is he a "non-prophet profit"? Possibly
3. Is he seeing something to which the rest of us are not privy? Most unlikely.

As I remember that broadcast (though I don't remember the predictors name) the report was that a plane was going to crash but it wasn't specific as to where or when it would happen.

Even if there were a warning given to the FAA and it's on record, how many others were received and filed in nearest waste bucket?

Swing a hammer with your eyes closed and you'll eventually hit the nail, but that doesn't make you a carpenter.

2001Intrepid
2004-Mar-29, 10:06 AM
Re: the interview on C2C the other night, I just got a chance to listen to it. Booth sounds like a diabolical control freak who enjoys throwing out just a little bit of "information" then holding back while he gets to watch his "audience" squirm and despair for one more tidbit of life-saving info.His repeated statement to the world to "just listen to the silence" to supposedly find the truth killed me. Is he trying to be spiritual? The "silence" tells me that this guy is whacko---That's MY truth. And he just gets an email out of the blue inviting him to go to the convent?---yeah, right. (And not even notwithstanding that he declined to speak of the "visit", which probably never occurred anyway!)... But now , will someone tell me if my logic holds water here: Green answered as to why Booth didn't just give his book away, considering that we're "all going to die" supposedly. Green replied that people wouldn't pay attention and would ignore a free book. My thought was, what difference does it make to them? Religious groups give out free literature to convert people. The Booth and Green duo desire to "convert" (read:inform) all of humanity of the coming destruction, and so they have their agenda. What people do with that free information really shouldn't concern them...They've done their job by giving away a cause THEY believe in. Maybe this is how they justified the money they made on the book and video? Does any of this make sense? 8)

John J
2004-Mar-29, 02:54 PM
What about the money required to pay for publishing? A small expense makes sense. There was a previous C2C audio archive also before the one where Booth and Green were booted. I just Emailed Wayne some links about the Plagiarism a couple days ago and received the following response between the dotted lines. I find it hard to believe though. Especially with the message that appeared on Booth's website from Rachel Booth earlier. I'll have to check into the Plagiarism charge a little further it that's possible.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The plaigerism charge appears to be the usual web spam. David seems
determined to close his site in a few days - and all future book orders will be my
responsibility. He has a very thin skin.

Wayne
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

John J

John J
2004-Mar-29, 04:32 PM
I read the following between the dotted lines on the Internet and was just wandering if anyone has ever heard of or seen this paper before Booth's book was published. After all, it doesn't take long to post something on the internet. I haven't looked for the magazine article yet, but would like to know if anyone has seen it too?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On September 11, 2002, my wife, Amitakh Stanford, published a paper entitled Nibiru and the Anunnaki by posting it on her website and thereafter on other websites. This was entirely her work, from start to finish, although I typed the final product from her handwritten manuscript. In April of 2003, the article appeared in Xee-A Magazine, which was sold through newsagents in Australia and on line.

Shortly thereafter, she decided to withdraw her name from the article and use her pen name of "D.M." Under the moniker of "D.M." this article, along with others by her were posted on several different websites. Many have openly inquired who "D.M." is. Amitakh had hoped to remain anonymous, however, distressing events transpired that have forced her to reveal her identity to her readers.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

thanks
John J

nitzer219
2004-Mar-30, 05:37 AM
What people do with that free information really shouldn't concern them...They've done their job by giving away a cause THEY believe in. Maybe this is how they justified the money they made on the book and video? Does any of this make sense?

Intrepid -

I addressed this on page 2, where I posted a letter - unanswered of course - to Mr. Booth. Funny, when confronted with facts, and not even in an attack disposition, he refuses to answer (even though he stated a couple weeks ago, he replies to "all" his emails).

Then - there was the response from Wayne Green, who as I and others predicted, turned on George Noory once they were booted, and implied, "Noory's conning you." Yeah, Wayne, what's the motive there? Profit? Ratings? Don't think so...he stands to GAIN the more successful, and convincing the dynamic duo was.

BTW: Nice little maneuver Green and Booth pulled: The book is down from Booth's website, but of course it can still be ordered from Green's.

I could give my psychological opinion, but it would all equate to evil (contrary to "crazy"), although, they very well could be deluded and believe their own fluff, but I don't think so...if that were the case, money, and the desire to get more airtime from C2Cam wouldn't be an issue.

I think one of the biggest indicators of "evil" is manipulating, and using one's daughter to represent one when the heat is on...that's assuming "Rachal" is not fictious, or a pseudonym.

If anyone has the means, or can ever trace and link them to the sale of shipping containers (to bury in your backyard as a doomsday apt., of course!), please post it! I wonder how many still truly believe them?

As an aside: Man, I just love this BB! With any hypothesis or thesis, to be legitimate, it must be TORN APART by one's colleagues. On the "X" Subject, I have rarely, if ever seen one "woo woo" theory hold water.

John J
2004-Apr-01, 02:55 PM
Low and behold you all. Guess what? I just found a new Audio Archive on "Mysteried on the Mind" for March 31, 2004, yesterday. Guess who the guest is? Wayne Green. I just found it. So I haven't finished listening to it yet. It didn't start with Wayne Green. But all you have to do is forward a little. The Link is http://www.mysteriesofthemind.com/Archives/2004/archives200403.htm I'm curious to hear what Wayne has to say. :-)

John J

junkyardpizza
2004-Apr-10, 12:01 AM
I was wondering what www.whatdoesitmean.com looked like these days and, go figure, it appears that Booth is doing YET ANOTHER LAST INTERVIEW on 4/12 on the Jeff Rense Program. He has discontinued his book, but is now selling a "booklet" with a similar title and a dvd.

John J
2004-Apr-10, 02:23 AM
Yes. I saw that and I'll be listening to the Jeff Rense archive as soon as it's available. :-) Right now I'd like to know if there's any truth to the prediction of a Pole Shift happening in the near future.

2001Intrepid
2004-Apr-10, 07:37 AM
John J: I have listened carefully to Booth's choice of words on two C2C interviews. IIRC, what he states will happen is a huge "explosion" (Yellowstone is implied), caused by the Earth heating up due to the nearby passage of-guess what?-Marduk, Niburu, Planet X,you name it, he used the various names. And he stated, over and over that our "ancient ancestors" knew of this. Pole shift? He might have said this, but any rotational disturbance could happen IF and ONLY IF, there actually was a PX passing nearby in a few months-and that's what this forum is about, basically....Finding the evidence, which none has found so far, of PX. So, doubt there'll be any pole shifts in the absence of any PX. Booth is a flake!

Kaptain K
2004-Apr-10, 12:26 PM
Right now I'd like to know if there's any truth to the prediction of a Pole Shift happening in the near future.
No!

Nowhere Man
2004-Apr-10, 03:35 PM
Right now I'd like to know if there's any truth to the prediction of a Pole Shift happening in the near future.
If you mean the Earth flipping end-for-end so that Antarctica is pointing at Polaris, the answer is "Certainly not. Not now, not soon, not ever."

If you mean the swapping of Earth's North and South magnetic poles, it depends on what you mean by "near." In terms of geological time, the answer is "Yes." In terms of human time, the answer is "Not very near." In any case, the flipping of the field will take a very long time.

According to an article by Robert Roy Britt (him again!) on Space.com (http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/earth_poles_040407.html) and CNN (http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/space/04/07/poles.reverse/index.html), the flip takes about 7,000 years, but the duration depends on your latitude The higher your latitude, the longer it takes. The article also states that while the field flips on average once every 250,000 years, and it's been 790,000 years since the last one, this doesn't mean that we're overdue, because the flips are not periodic. Some researchers think that a flip is already in progress. But due to the extended time frame, you're not going to notice anything.

At any rate, the swapping of Earth's magnetic poles is an internal process, and has nothing to do with Planet X, McCanney's comets, Niburu, Sedna, or any other woo-woo claim. The field has flipped before, it will do it again, and life goes on.

Fred

John J
2004-Apr-10, 04:34 PM
John J: I have listened carefully to Booth's choice of words on two C2C interviews. IIRC, what he states will happen is a huge "explosion" (Yellowstone is implied), caused by the Earth heating up due to the nearby passage of-guess what?-Marduk, Niburu, Planet X,you name it, he used the various names. And he stated, over and over that our "ancient ancestors" knew of this. Pole shift? He might have said this, but any rotational disturbance could happen IF and ONLY IF, there actually was a PX passing nearby in a few months-and that's what this forum is about, basically....Finding the evidence, which none has found so far, of PX. So, doubt there'll be any pole shifts in the absence of any PX. Booth is a flake!

I know exactly what David Booth said. I've listened to him a bunch of times from vairious radio show archives. Did you hear the latest "Wayne Green" Archive from "Mysteries of the mind" www.mysteriesofthemind.com . Wayne Green said that Nostradamus predicted a Pole Shift soon after the millenium. He also mentioned a lot of other things. So naturally I was curious. Not Stupid !

Musashi
2004-Apr-10, 05:03 PM
If someone is using Nostradamus predictions to bolster their arguement, you can pretty much tell that they don't have any real evidence.

John J
2004-Apr-10, 06:41 PM
If someone is using Nostradamus predictions to bolster their arguement, you can pretty much tell that they don't have any real evidence.

Maybe your right. I only remember Nostradamus being mentioned once though. As I said he mentioned a lot of other things too. I don't know anything about pole shifts. That's why I was curious.

Kaptain K
2004-Apr-10, 07:28 PM
One thing that Lieder, McCanney, Hazelwood, etc. do not seem to realize is the amount of kinetic energy involved in physically changing the orientation of the Earth's polar axis. The amount of energy released in flipping the poles would slag the Earth down to a molten blob of impure iron. In essence, erasing 5 billion years of terestrial history and starting over from scratch.

N C More
2004-Apr-10, 08:32 PM
I'm starting to wonder if some of these folks aren't confusing this "pole shift" concept with the changing of the earth's magnetic field?

http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2003/29dec_magneticfield.htm

Here's a snip. (Maybe some of the woo woos see this as being something sinister?)

"What they see mimics the real Earth: The magnetic field waxes and wanes, poles drift and, occasionally, flip. Change is normal, they've learned. And no wonder. The source of the field, the outer core, is itself seething, swirling, turbulent. "It's chaotic down there," notes Glatzmaier. The changes we detect on our planet's surface are a sign of that inner chaos.

They've also learned what happens during a magnetic flip. Reversals take a few thousand years to complete, and during that time--contrary to popular belief--the magnetic field does not vanish. "It just gets more complicated," says Glatzmaier. Magnetic lines of force near Earth's surface become twisted and tangled, and magnetic poles pop up in unaccustomed places. A south magnetic pole might emerge over Africa, for instance, or a north pole over Tahiti. Weird. But it's still a planetary magnetic field, and it still protects us from space radiation and solar storms."

nitzer219
2004-Apr-12, 04:03 AM
Hey BA posters:

I came across this tonight, after listening to Ed Dames, and his reputation for "doom". Many believe Ed to be more credible than the other "prognosticators".

Personally - I don't knock Remote Viewing as a method, I just have not yet been privy to the science behind it (maybe because it's non-existent), but at least there seems to be process behind it.

Dames last night was again outlining his 'view' of the near future, PX, and 'killshot' sunflares. Here's a site where many of his previously, govt. employed colleagues chime in on that approach, and "seeing" the future.

Fascinating read, with notable names in the RV community:

http://www.firedocs.com/remoteviewing/yada/vwr/vwr-arch-039.html

Wolverine
2004-Apr-13, 02:23 AM
Update: David Booth is on the Jeff Rense program live right now, and if I heard the introduction correctly, he's allegedly giving his last radio interview on the prophecy/Px nonsense.

Unfortunately, the transmission has been lost and Rense's site appears to have gone down. That should fuel an oodle of paranoia/conspiracy machines.

Edited to add: as of 10:35 ET the audio feed appears to be back up.
Streaming audio available here (http://www.soundwaves2000.com/rense/livestreaming.asp).

Wolverine
2004-Apr-13, 03:42 AM
After further review, it's really not worth listening to.

Booth's claims strike me as being extremely weak in comparison to other advocates of similar pseudoscience. Hazlewood sounds organized in comparison if that's any indication of how bad it is.

John J
2004-Apr-13, 04:24 AM
Update: David Booth is on the Jeff Rense program live right now, and if I heard the introduction correctly, he's allegedly giving his last radio interview on the prophecy/Px nonsense.

Unfortunately, the transmission has been lost and Rense's site appears to have gone down. That should fuel an oodle of paranoia/conspiracy machines.

Edited to add: as of 10:35 ET the audio feed appears to be back up.
Streaming audio available here (http://www.soundwaves2000.com/rense/livestreaming.asp).

His website hasn't gone done and I'm listening to it right now also. There's just a lot of internet traffic witch unfortunately is causing a lot of breaks in the program with my Windows media player. I've been temped to turn mine off too. And maybe listen to it later after it's been archived.

R.A.F.
2004-Apr-13, 04:54 AM
I've been listening for about 20 minutes now, and...that's enough for me!! I don't think that Booth has ever meet a conspiricy he didn't like.

steve45071
2004-Apr-13, 12:11 PM
wow, you made it as far as 20 minutes.

after 12 minutes of listening to that, i had to switch off.

of course it never helps when hosts suck up to the guests

i think Jeff Rense felt a little duty bound to do this because Booth was his guest twice back in Jan '04

and possibly also because Booth would find it difficult to get on any other show that reached a large audience.

My own feeling is that if Rense continues to interview the Booth's of this world, then he won't have an audience (maybe that person who lives down the road, with the tin-foil protective suit and the computers encased in wire mesh, to keep the spy signals out) ;)

Archived Show:
http://www.soundwaves2000.com/rense/archives.html

Date: 04-12-04

Real Audio or Win Media Options Available

Good luck staying awake through the entire three hours !!

PS - if Jeff Rense (pictured on the left) ever appeared at any public UFO conventions or whatever, as least he would be easy to spot with that hair-do ;)

JimTKirk
2004-Apr-13, 03:35 PM
Wow! I've been listening to this tripe and will give you some tidbits.

Two State department officials talked to Booth and warned him not to speak about anything while he was overseas.

1200 astronomers in last 3 yrs in Antartica to build two new scopes. Cobra and Viper are the names of these new scopes.

Booth is close friends with Clinton. Clinton always carries a bible with him.

Booth is close to TPTB not only in the US, but in other countries.

Booth says there are no restrictions on access to Sister Lucia. Reiterated that Sister Lucia gave him this info.

April 20 - May 20 is beginning of earth changes. Culminates in 2012 (natch).

Booth only had 100 copies of his book published; wasn't trying to make money on book sales. Also says nobody ever makes money selling books.

His doom planet is Nibiru(etc) and he now says it is bigger(much bigger) than earth.

Movement of military to overseas locations is to save them from the destructor.

Rense says we've been building underground facilities for decades. Booth agrees.

The evidence of Booth visiting Sister Lucia was only passed to members of his website.

Venus transit is precursor to the destruction.

ETs are here and always have been. They are interfering in all governments except the U.S. They conferred with Eisenhower.

:o

Xbalanque
2004-Apr-13, 03:55 PM
The above reminded me of Dan Aykroyd's character from the movie Sneakers:

But the key meeting took place July 3rd, 1968, when the Air Force brought the space visitor to the White House for an interview with President Eisenhower. And Ike said, "hey look, give us your technology, we'll give you all the cow lips you want."

steve45071
2004-Apr-13, 04:14 PM
i just been listening to the archived audio of the George Norry - Coast to Coast David Booth Interview.

Oh man, what appropriate music that got played during that music break

-either we go full disclosure or we end it now

and after the break, George went into open lines

And the music during the break was Elvis, 'It's Now or Never'

oh man, i cracked up, it was like they knew just the right music to play at that point.

What summed up that interview very well for me was the point when George talked, asked a question...silence and he says "Dead Air"
then David Booth laughs and says "Dead Air" and then proceeds to go off on yet another tangent.

I can't believe those two intended to come on the show to give two or three word answers most of the time, be very coy about giving much information, you get these "Dead Air" situations and George was correct for terminating the interview early in my view, because it just wasn't making for good radio at all, as well as the fact they were not giving the information they come on that show to give

I got a couple laughs out of it though

tynan
2004-Apr-13, 05:00 PM
Ok, I am listening to the Jeff Rense 'archived' interview with Booth right now. I had listened to George Noorys one on streamlink (the night he booted him)

Did anyone else notice the CONTRADICTIONS this Mr Booth has made??

On Noory, he said he 'wasn't a Catholic' (ok fine, so what) but 'He was in awe of the convent, like stepping back in time, and it was the first time he was there'

AND NOW, on this Rense show 'he has a cousin, Mary Margaret is a Carmelite nun, and that he has met Sr Lucia a lot of times, that the invitation came from his cousin, whom he has visited over there plenty of times over 20 years, and that Lucia just happened to be there'

Am I losing it, or did anyone else notice these 'little' discrepencys in both interviews???

The State Dept knew he would be there, and read him Title 18 Section 2 of the Patriot Act, over drinks (which he paid for btw) and this part of the PA says (paraphrasing here) That any U.S. citizen overseas cannot incite panic to the American people. BUT if they are IN the U.S. they can say what they want.

Also on Rense his '5 minute conversation with Sr Lucia was personal, and will stay personal BUT it had nothing to do with his visions or his book, it was like talking to his grandmother, and she is like his extended family'

HELP

Did I get that right? Anyone?

:o :o :o :o :o

JimTKirk
2004-Apr-13, 06:51 PM
It all sounds about right. To be honset, after listening once I have no urge to listen to that drivel again. [-( [-( [-(

Wolverine
2004-Apr-13, 07:17 PM
HELP

Did I get that right? Anyone?

Hiya tynan! Great to see ya. :D

As for the Boothisms, sorry I can't be of much help; having attempted to listen to the first part of the archived Rense show (pure morbid curiosity), I decided that I'd rather have a root canal several minutes into the program, and switched it off. Awful!

However, I did pick up that Booth was making reference to Section 802 of the Patriot Act (tentatively at that, he didn't seem too sure of this, let alone other things); that portion of the legislation amended Title 18 U.S.C. 113B Sec. 2331 (http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/18/2331.html), and revised the definitions of domestic terrorism under Title 18.

Now, as for the "State Department" claim, all I can say is... yeah, riiiiiight. Scaremongering **.

Swift
2004-Apr-13, 08:43 PM
Movement of military to overseas locations is to save them from the destructor.
Good thing they sent them to nice safe Iraq to save them.

Rense says we've been building underground facilities for decades. Booth agrees.
Sure we have. They're called subways, basements, tunnels, parking garages, sewer lines,...

Venus transit is precursor to the destruction.
Just like its destroyed the Earth the previous times.

#-o