PDA

View Full Version : Human Being...we're waiting

N C More
2004-Mar-02, 04:22 PM
I , for one, am very interested to see the evidence that Human Being has been alluding to. Perhaps I was wrong to suspect that he came here only to goad the "mainstream science" types....then again maybe I was right?

So, come on Human Being what exactly do you have?

nitzer219
2004-Mar-02, 07:12 PM
Human Being -

Just in case you were "absent" the day they taught Science in school (pick a school...any level):

What is the ``scientific method''?
The scientific method is the best way yet discovered for winnowing the truth from lies and delusion. The simple version looks something like this:

1. Observe some aspect of the universe.
2. Invent a tentative description, called a hypothesis, that is consistent with what you have observed.
3. Use the hypothesis to make predictions.
4. Test those predictions by experiments or further observations and modify the hypothesis in the light of your results.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 until there are no discrepancies between theory and experiment and/or observation.

When consistency is obtained the hypothesis becomes a theory and provides a coherent set of propositions which explain a class of phenomena. A theory is then a framework within which observations are explained and predictions are made.

Now...if you could just fill in the gaps of: Observation, Hypothesis, Predictions, Prove/Disprove (Test), then...(drum roll, please), a Theory...by Gum, we'd all be so happy to give you constructive feedback!

Without any of this, what do you expect from rational people?

nanojath
2004-Mar-02, 08:10 PM
I'd stop waiting if I were you. Human Being is just a standard forum troll. Any board that hits topics of controversy sees his or her like on a regular basis. Post some vague, ambiguous "ideas" in a hostile, challenging manner. Two kinds of people will respond: one group will look at the claims, try to draw some kind of concrete assertion out of it, critique the assertion, and ask the forum troll to respond to the criticisms or clarify what they're actually claiming. The forum troll will not respond to any of these comments. The second group will look, think, great, another freak, and dish some hostile right back at them. The forum troll will then focus exclusively on the most negative comments, loudly protest being shouted down, roughed up, and ill-treated, and wax philosophical about how all the terrible, terrible people at this nasty board are suppressing the truth. When people settle down and the hotheads get bored with the trollbaiting, and the thread gets down to people just demanding a response to the reasonable comments and objections, the forum troll simply abandons the thread.

I dissected a recent example: it's pure textbook. http://www.badastronomy.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=11603&start=25 I wouldn't begin to profess what drives someone like human being, or what, if anything, they're actually trying to communicate. If they really wanted to talk about whatever they're implying, they would respond to the people who try to do so. But they never ever do. It's become clear to me over the years that there's just simply no point in trying to draw this kind of person out. They either want to fight with you or ignore you.

Human Being
2004-Mar-02, 09:57 PM
Exhale.

Deep breath - and...

Hold it.

dgruss23
2004-Mar-02, 11:21 PM
Exhale.

Deep breath - and...

Hold it.

You or us? :)