PDA

View Full Version : New confusing Earh moon theory?

showboat
2010-Jan-31, 11:34 PM
http://www.physorg.com/news183884450.html

[

* Earth Sciences
* Astronomy
* Environment
* Space Exploration

The Moon may have formed in a nuclear explosion
January 28, 2010 by Lin Edwards Moon

Enlarge

Moon. Image: NASA

(PhysOrg.com) -- A new theory suggests the Moon was formed after a natural nuclear explosion in the Earth's mantle rather than after the impact of a massive object with the Earth, as previously thought. [

-------------------------------------------------

Now I am really confused.

2010-Jan-31, 11:56 PM

That's your statement. What's your question?

ABR.
2010-Jan-31, 11:56 PM
ToSeeked (http://www.bautforum.com/astronomy/100005-moon-may-have-formed-nuclear-explosion.html).

forrest noble
2010-Feb-06, 12:52 AM
showboat,

...A new theory suggests the Moon was formed after a natural nuclear explosion in the Earth's mantle rather than after the impact of a massive object with the Earth, as previously thought...

I think the quote above should have been stated as 'a new hypothesis suggests the Moon could have formed from a natural fission explosion in the early Earth's mantle rather than from an impact of a massive Mars-sized planetary object as otherwise hypothesized.

The key word here is hypothesis. Concerning your confusion, all plausible validity of any hypothesis should be found in the details rather than the headlines.

showboat
2010-Feb-06, 03:35 AM
showboat,

I think the quote above should have been stated as 'a new hypothesis suggests the Moon could have formed from a natural fission explosion in the early Earth's mantle rather than from an impact of a massive Mars-sized planetary object as otherwise hypothesized.

The key word here is hypothesis. Concerning your confusion, all plausible validity of any hypothesis should be found in the details rather than the headlines.

Now I am really confuse as i wanted a reply [facts or hypothesis]not a discourse on greek logic.

or perhaps you didn't read the articlefind it a part of the word salad family.

oranges, apples or cabbages

So is it true, as if not a clear question as to the hypothesis.
If unable to comprehend anything but as word salad try giving a 2 year city college as try.

Swift
2010-Feb-06, 03:47 AM
Showboat,

I would suggest you check out the very active thread already going in the link posted in ABR's post (# 3).

If you still have questions, you might want to post them in that thread, or back here.