View Full Version : How to report the news

SolusLupus
2010-Feb-04, 01:25 AM
How to report the news. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtGSXMuWMR4

Warning: Language.

Parody video.

Fazor
2010-Feb-04, 01:46 AM
Yeah. I saw that linked from a video game news site the other day. I loved it! Though I'm not sure it's a parody. I kind of think it's a required video in journalism 101 class . . .

Swift
2010-Feb-04, 03:45 AM
That was fantastic. As Fazor said, I don't think it is much of a parody; more like a recipe.

SolusLupus
2010-Feb-04, 03:51 AM
It seems quite parody. Especially the "<Removed> Matrix", or the "lighthouse keeper" bit.

Explaining how to do something in a joking tone while doing it is parody. Like the "Title of the Song" song, which parodies love songs.

Fazor
2010-Feb-04, 04:15 AM
. . . I was joking, of course it's a parody . . .

SolusLupus
2010-Feb-04, 05:50 AM
See, I thought you were joking. Swift agreeing made me think it might not be.

Fazor
2010-Feb-04, 01:03 PM
Well, I guess technically it's not a parody, in that it doesn't imitate a news story. It's "how to" format makes it more of a farce.

Swift
2010-Feb-04, 06:07 PM
I knew it was a "joke" (I like the bit about lighthouse keepers). But sometimes, the jokes contain more truth than the real thing.

Fazor
2010-Feb-04, 06:10 PM
I knew it was a "joke" (I like the bit about lighthouse keepers). But sometimes, the jokes contain more truth than the real thing.

Yeah, that's what I was getting at. I mean, it pretty much perfectly describes every story I see on the news every night.

I loved the bit about interviewing the guy while he opens the mail, then realizing he's boring so you fade to a chart graphic instead. :)

NEOWatcher
2010-Feb-04, 06:31 PM
Very good, accurate and funny video.

Now; I'd like to know why Youtube thinks the most related story is "Miley Cyrus POLE DANCES at Teen Choice". :think::eek:

Fazor
2010-Feb-04, 06:32 PM
Very good, accurate and funny video.

Now; I'd like to know why Youtube thinks the most related story is "Miley Cyrus POLE DANCES at Teen Choice". :think::eek:

It's conclusive: people who like British comedy also like watching children pole-dance!
...wait, that belongs in the "The Study Says What?" thread, doesn't it?

mugaliens
2010-Feb-06, 09:29 AM
Charlie Brooker is stellar! Too see him result to this is simply hilarious!