PDA

View Full Version : Former poster still around

Click Ticker
2010-Feb-05, 04:37 PM
Not sure if anyone is interested, but Cosmic Dave is now posting his moon hoax theories on the forums of at least one NBA team. Spurstalk is a forum for San Antonio Spurs fans. He's posting in the club section under the name "cosmored".

I won't post a direct link, as that forum is far more crass with far less rules. Sock puppetry and the creation of "trolls" seems to be encouraged - so you have one guy that agrees with cosmored posting under several different user names. The rest of the fans seem to be doing a pretty good job picking apart his arguments. Even referring over to this site for information. The sad new is that we've been dismissed as a government disinformation site. Oh well.

Swift
2010-Feb-05, 06:05 PM
Not sure if anyone is interested, but Cosmic Dave is now posting his moon hoax theories on the forums of at least one NBA team. Spurstalk is a forum for San Antonio Spurs fans. He's posting in the club section under the name "cosmored".

Well, the Cleveland Cavaliers have a mascot named "Moondog (http://www.nba.com/cavaliers/moondog/)", so that makes perfect sense. :rolleyes:

Jim
2010-Feb-05, 08:16 PM
... The sad new is that we've been dismissed as a government disinformation site. Oh well.

HBers keeps saying that, but I have yet to see check one!

Fazor
2010-Feb-05, 08:37 PM

From what I hear, one of the Queeblonians that works in the payroll department was found to be carrying the XGen32.Zeta virus, and all the checks are currently in quarantine. I'd like to tell you when you can expect to receive them, but I fear I've said too much already.

Weltraum
2010-Feb-06, 06:22 AM

I won't post a direct link, as that forum is far more crass with far less rules. Sock puppetry and the creation of "trolls" seems to be encouraged - so you have one guy that agrees with cosmored posting under several different user names. The rest of the fans seem to be doing a pretty good job picking apart his arguments. Even referring over to this site for information. The sad new is that we've been dismissed as a government disinformation site. Oh well.

Ah, cosmored! He also used that name on the Pravda.ru forum and was posting in favour of the hoax in that ridiculous Apollo thread that's now well over 400 pages :whistle:

I take it Cosmic Dave was on this forum at one point? **I found him now.. Man, he was painfully ignorant in debating Jay et al. in, for example, http://www.bautforum.com/conspiracy-theories/1352-proof-photos-cosmic-dave-slow-images.html#post17169

Weltraum
2010-Feb-06, 06:25 AM
From what I hear, one of the Queeblonians that works in the payroll department was found to be carrying the XGen32.Zeta virus, and all the checks are currently in quarantine. I'd like to tell you when you can expect to receive them, but I fear I've said too much already.

Oh fer-... I put hours and hours into debunking hoax claims at Pravda! Until I was mysteriously banned, that is. I want some darned payment!! :mad:

captain swoop
2010-Feb-07, 12:26 AM

Mine arrive every month. Maybe they got your addy wrong.

Hans
2010-Feb-07, 12:53 PM
All I get is a one goat every three weeks and a pint of moldy dahl

Whose our union rep?

Glom
2010-Feb-09, 01:41 PM
Here's a sobering thought for Jay. It's been ten years since you started jousting with Cosmic Dave Cosnette.

Starfury
2010-Feb-11, 12:38 AM
The sad news is that we've been dismissed as a government disinformation site.

Then I'd sure like to know where the heck my paycheck is for my work as a government disinformation agent. :lol:

Gillianren
2010-Feb-11, 02:43 AM
I've been wondering that for years.

Donnie B.
2010-Feb-11, 12:54 PM
That's the subtle beauty of the Disinformation Department.

They never actually pay anybody. They just promise to pay us for (a) keeping our mouths shut about the Truth, and (b) propagating the disinformation to keep the Truth well hidden.

See, if they actually paid us, we'd have no more incentive to not blow the whistle. But as long as they keep promising to pay us, we have to play along and keep the charade going, or we'll never get any of that disinfo bonanza.

That explains everything -- why the Apollo engineers never displayed a lavish lifestyle from their ill-gotten hush money, why the astro-nots keep claiming they actually made it to the Moon, why the UFO facts are never forthcoming...

Brilliant!

;)

Gillianren
2010-Feb-11, 08:04 PM
Jam every other day, in short?

Abaddon
2010-Feb-11, 10:21 PM
That's the subtle beauty of the Disinformation Department.

They never actually pay anybody. They just promise to pay us for (a) keeping our mouths shut about the Truth, and (b) propagating the disinformation to keep the Truth well hidden.

See, if they actually paid us, we'd have no more incentive to not blow the whistle. But as long as they keep promising to pay us, we have to play along and keep the charade going, or we'll never get any of that disinfo bonanza.

That explains everything -- why the Apollo engineers never displayed a lavish lifestyle from their ill-gotten hush money, why the astro-nots keep claiming they actually made it to the Moon, why the UFO facts are never forthcoming...

Brilliant!

;)

Terry Pratchet had a take on this. Paraphrasing, one soldier says "I aint been paid in 3 months" and the reply is "Of course you havent, any soldier would think twice about deserting when he is owed 3 months back pay"

Tobin Dax
2010-Feb-14, 07:13 PM
Mine arrive every month. Maybe they got your addy wrong.
Wait, we're supposed to be working for the *British* government? :rolleyes: Well, shoot, now I have to do the paperwork again. :mad:

captain swoop
2010-Feb-14, 08:16 PM
US$ into the Caymans

Tobin Dax
2010-Feb-15, 07:29 AM
Caymans? That's form 42-b, not form 47-b. :doh: