PDA

View Full Version : Missing AstronomyCast Podcasts

Andrew Lindsay
2010-Feb-13, 08:48 AM
Guys,

I have only just stumbled upon the AstronomyCast pod casts and have been enjoying them on my holidays. I have tried to download all the eps to listen to but am missing Eps 54 and 84. Does anyone have them, or can a moderator upload/fix the broken links to the originals?

Best regards

Andrew Lindsay

mungoid
2010-Feb-13, 11:25 AM
Hi Andrew and welcome.
I was in the same boat as you not too long ago and devoured every episode I could get my hands on (have listened to several 2 or 3 times now).
I found the easiest way is to subscribe through i-Tunes (there are also plenty of really good astronomy and physics podcasts listed there among lots of other categories).
Alternatively, have you tried the Astronomycast (http://www.astronomycast.com/) website? you should be able to download backissues from there as well as check out the show notes.
Cheers.

Andrew Lindsay
2010-Feb-13, 12:06 PM
I have subscribed through iTunes. The iTunes and the Astronomy Cast web page both report that Eps 54 and 84 are missing.

Regards

Andrew

Arneb
2010-Feb-13, 12:19 PM
Hi Andrew, if you are talking about no. 54 "Question Show no. 6" of Sep 17, 2007; and no. 84, "Getting around the Solar System", of April 14, 2008, I have both episodes on my HDD for offline listening. The MP3 files are 19 and 18 MB, respectively.

I can send them to you if you tell me where to send them.

However, I would ask a moderator or administrator if that is OK. As far I can see, there shouldn't be a licensing problem, but I wouldn't commit a copyright infraction against Fraser and Pamela, much less on Fraser's own site :).

I'll PM the management for approval or disapproval.

Fraser
2010-Feb-13, 04:40 PM
There's no problem distributing missing episodes. I'll try to figure out the problem with the site and the feed.

Arneb
2010-Feb-13, 04:43 PM
Ah, lovely! Thanks a lot for your time, Fraser.

Andrew, PM me for a file host or your eMail-Adress. I am on ADSL, so file size is not much of a problem for me.

Eta Carina
2010-Feb-24, 08:09 AM
If you would be so kind, I need them as well

I have pm'd you my email

Thanks

Arneb
2010-Feb-24, 04:12 PM
Sorry, I tried to send them, but apparently, your eMail provider refused to accept the large files.

Whenever you provide me with something that can gulp 19 MB, we're good to go :-)