PDA

View Full Version : Not a truth, the truth.

astromark
2010-Feb-16, 07:12 AM
Obviously much to much to ask and expect an answer... but I want to know what I do not.

Excepting that there was a big bang... what triggered that ?

What force drove that massive and sudden expansion ?

That the whole known Universe seems to be bound by the same set of rules.

That known is only added as I have no knowledge of unknown... and,

Can I ? Is it reasonable to expect an answer I can comprehend ?

DrRocket
2010-Feb-16, 07:38 AM
Obviously much to much to ask and expect an answer... but I want to know what I do not.

That covers a lot of ground. Too much.

Excepting that there was a big bang... what triggered that ?

The question presupposes a "before" the big bang. So far as is known, consistent with current theory and understanding, there was no "before". Therefore the question is moot.

What force drove that massive and sudden expansion ?

Since there was no "before" the notion of force does not apply.

That the whole known Universe seems to be bound by the same set of rules.

Yep. That is what makes for understandable science as applied to cosmological issues.

That known is only added as I have no knowledge of unknown... and,

Can I ?

That is what makes the "unknown" unknown. Pretty much everybody is the same boat.

Is it reasonable to expect an answer I can comprehend ?

Probably not.

astromark
2010-Feb-16, 08:16 AM
Un exeptable... I know of no 'before' the Big Bang. I do not ask of that. I have some knowledge of the milli seconds after and until now... So to re frame that for you... What made the Universe grow ?... sigh!

DrRocket
2010-Feb-16, 08:28 AM
Un exeptable... I know of no 'before' the Big Bang. I do not ask of that. I have some knowledge of the milli seconds after and until now... So to re frame that for you... What made the Universe grow ?... sigh!

Initial conditions or an inflation field. Take your pick.

Sighing will improve neither your understanding nor your ability to do so.

gzhpcu
2010-Feb-16, 08:49 AM
Should there ever prove to be anything to M-theory, then the colliding branes cosmology would clear things up for you. The BB would not be localised at an infinitesmally small point, and there be neither time nor space previous to t=0, but rather the collision between two n-branes would extend over a rather large area and the cycles of collision, separation and attraction would be in trillion of years.

astromark
2010-Feb-16, 08:55 AM
Inflation field... Occam started a thread,... that is where this should be... Universal Expansion... the explanations... as for that Sigh, I do not understand you. I no longer care... CLOSED

antoniseb
2010-Feb-16, 09:06 AM
At astromark's request this thread is closed.