PDA

View Full Version : Soap!

Nick Theodorakis
2010-Feb-17, 04:02 AM
You've just unwrapped a new bar of soap, and accidentally dropped it in the toilet.

It's soap, right? Isn't it self-cleaning? I'll just put this next to the sink.
Eww eww eww. Take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
No soap, radio!

Nick

Gillianren
2010-Feb-17, 04:27 AM
Flushed or unflushed?

Jens
2010-Feb-17, 05:59 AM
I'd go to sleep, as I'd find the experience quite soporific.

Swift
2010-Feb-17, 02:56 PM
It does make me wonder if Nick dropped the soap in the toilet, left it there, then logged on to BAUT to get a consensus as to what he should do about it. ;)

Nick Theodorakis
2010-Feb-17, 03:07 PM
It does make me wonder if Nick dropped the soap in the toilet, left it there, then logged on to BAUT to get a consensus as to what he should do about it. ;)

Almost! I caught it in the air, then wondered what I would have done.

The toilet was flushed, btw, if that makes a difference in one's vote.

Nick

weatherc
2010-Feb-17, 03:16 PM
This is exactly the reason why I always keep the toilet lid closed when I'm not using it, even when I'm by myself, and even though I'm a guy.

I'm clumsy. I just know if I leave the lid up, sooner or later I'll drop something in there (such as a hairbrush or a toothbrush) and I'll have to fish it out.

That, and I don't want the cats drinking out of there. Yes, I'm well aware of what other things they do in their version of "hygiene," but you have to draw the line somewhere.

SeanF
2010-Feb-17, 03:16 PM
When you think about why the toilet's "dirty," and then you think about how that "dirtiness" gets into the toilet in the first place, and then you think about where the bar of soap in your shower goes every day....does it really matter? :)

NEOWatcher
2010-Feb-17, 06:19 PM
When you think about why the toilet's "dirty," and then you think about how that "dirtiness" gets into the toilet in the first place, and then you think about where the bar of soap in your shower goes every day....does it really matter? :)
Excellent point.

Always rinse of your soap before using it. Germs can actually survive on it (or at least some).

Gillianren
2010-Feb-17, 06:22 PM
The toilet was flushed, btw, if that makes a difference in one's vote.

It did in mine, but more to do with whether I'd've wanted to reach into the toilet or not.

pzkpfw
2010-Feb-17, 06:27 PM
I'm well known among my family and friends for being a bit "freaky" about this kind of thing.

But I'd fish the bar of soap out, give it a good wash/rinse, and be happy to use it.

(It's, hypothetically, my toilet, right?)

HenrikOlsen
2010-Feb-17, 06:49 PM
Fish the soap out and use it to wash my hands, I just stuck one of them down the bowl after all.
Two flies and a bazillion bacteria killed in one strike.

tlbs101
2010-Feb-17, 10:41 PM
I would just pick it out of the bowl, rinse it off with tap water, and it would be good-to-go.

Now, if the toilet was unflushed, I would use rubber gloves and rinse the soap off for at least 1 minute.

chrissy
2010-Feb-17, 11:25 PM
If the toilet was flushed I would put my hands in there and get it out, rinse it off under a hot tap, yes it will go a bit soft, but no harm done and yes I would use it, however if it was a toothbrush :hand: I would fish it out and bin it straight away.

*Now that reminds me of what I did to my ex husbands toothbrush, yes it involved the toilet* :sick:

Swift
2010-Feb-18, 03:36 AM
*Now that reminds me of what I did to my ex husbands toothbrush, yes it involved the toilet* :sick:
Man, and I thought she was tough on spammers. Talk about excessive moderation. :D

HenrikOlsen
2010-Feb-18, 03:54 AM
The toilet needed cleaning?

Graybeard6
2010-Feb-18, 06:07 AM
I'm with weatherc, because I keep my electric toothbrush and shaver on the vanity about eight inches from the toilet (the only plug is right above the tank). Soap, I'd just wash off.

Ivan Viehoff
2010-Feb-18, 10:53 AM
When you have small children, you soon get used to human waste getting on things. You just clean up and move on.

I have several times dropped my wrist watch, glasses, keys, etc in the toilet. My small daughter thrown various things into the toilet, including her toothbrush. You just clean up and move on.

Lianachan
2010-Feb-18, 11:19 AM
I'll vote for an Aliens quote wherever I see it. In this case, even ahead of my actual likely response to this scenario - fish it out, scrub it up, and redeploy.