PDA

View Full Version : Are we all just AIs? No? Then prove it!

Glom
2010-Feb-23, 11:39 PM
Do we do meets around here?

Who's around London-shire in the next few months? How's about an evening in some fine English establishment?

Think about it. No mods just the metropolitan police to arrest us for the flimsiest of reasons (like they nearly did to me when they caught me with an airband receiver at the gate). Now that's the way to debate!

SolusLupus
2010-Feb-23, 11:45 PM
EDIT: I said nothing. I totally misread the OP. Ignore me.

I'm going to bed. Obviously I'm too tired!

kleindoofy
2010-Feb-23, 11:46 PM
http://www.bautforum.com/off-topic-babbling/87184-out-abaut-meeting-up-other-bauters-your-travels.html

jokergirl
2010-Feb-24, 03:25 PM
I'd be in, but how would you be able to tell I'm not just a replicant?

;)

hhEb09'1
2010-Feb-24, 05:11 PM
Yeah, I flunked my Turing test...

LookingSkyward
2010-Feb-24, 05:23 PM
There's a turtle in the desert...

jokergirl
2010-Feb-25, 04:19 PM
Is this testing whether I'm a replicant or an Omnian, Mr. LookingSkyward?

;)

tdvance
2010-Feb-25, 09:52 PM
Someone facetiously, I know humans can't be AIs because I've dealt with too many who fail the Turing Test.

SolusLupus
2010-Feb-25, 10:35 PM
Is it just me, or when we actually have to deal with REAL artificial intelligence, the word "AI" will soon become somewhat racist? (Or whatever you would call it).

After all, if they're truly intelligent, the intelligence isn't ARTIFICIAL. It's real intelligence. ANd the means to make it aren't necessarily any more artificial than the flesh-sponge in your head.

korjik
2010-Feb-25, 11:18 PM
Why should the AI's get a break? Everyone else has to put up with small minded fools.

:D

SolusLupus
2010-Feb-25, 11:37 PM
Because if those silly Africans* get a break, so should AIs. ;)

*This was a joke.

mugaliens
2010-Feb-26, 01:28 AM
Do we do meets around here?

I met up with one of the clan a couple weeks ago for breakfast - very enjoyable 4-1/2 hour conversations ensued!

Up with the British and good luck with any hook-ups you might accomplish on that side of the pond!

Glom
2010-Feb-27, 07:01 PM
Ok so that's possibly one?

SolusLupus
2010-Feb-27, 09:08 PM
Come on down to Texas, and we'll have ourselves a party! Yee-haw!

Glom
2010-Feb-27, 10:31 PM
Come on down to Texas, and we'll have ourselves a party! Yee-haw!

Easier said than done. You'd think that in an organisation where half the people reporting directly to the same team leader as people work in Houston, it would not be too difficult to get a trip over there, preferably involving Continental's new Business First product they were advertising at work a few months ago. But these are stingy times.

TheHalcyonYear
2010-Feb-28, 12:37 AM
Actually you are all just part of my dream.

Prove that I'm wrong. :)

LookingSkyward
2010-Feb-28, 07:25 AM
Ummm... TheHalcyionYear, if you're dreaming me, you have serious issues. Get help now!

mugaliens
2010-Feb-28, 08:08 AM
Knock knock...

jokergirl
2010-Feb-28, 10:17 AM
Is it just me, or when we actually have to deal with REAL artificial intelligence, the word "AI" will soon become somewhat racist? (Or whatever you would call it).

After all, if they're truly intelligent, the intelligence isn't ARTIFICIAL. It's real intelligence. ANd the means to make it aren't necessarily any more artificial than the flesh-sponge in your head.

I propose a politically correct term. Since artificial intelligence will likely not be created without a certain random element to it, I dub it Accidental Intelligence from now on.

;)

cosmocrazy
2010-Feb-28, 12:56 PM
I propose a politically correct term. Since artificial intelligence will likely not be created without a certain random element to it, I dub it Accidental Intelligence from now on.

;)

Excellent!

This term applies very well to humans also ;)

SolusLupus
2010-Feb-28, 03:03 PM

;)

I kind of prefer SI: Synthetic Intelligence.