PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy Dean: Pluto Not A Planet

Jim
2010-Feb-24, 06:14 PM
There's been a lot of talk about Pluto's status... planet yes, planet no, dwarf planet. I caught a commercial for Jimmy Dean Sausage that seems to settle it.

In the commercial, the planets are stumbling around the "employee ounge" when the Sun walks in. "Who didn't have a Jimmy Dean Sausage Breakfast?" he asks. No one did. So, the Sun feeds them.

This perks them up and they begin orbiting the sun.

I counted eight planets, not nine, all easily recognizable. That confirms it. Pluto is not a planet.

NEOWatcher
2010-Feb-24, 06:37 PM
I caught a commercial for Jimmy Dean Sausage that seems to settle it.
I tend to get a kick out of those, at least when they come out.

In the commercial, the planets are stumbling around the "employee ounge" when the Sun walks in. [...]
I counted eight planets, not nine, all easily recognizable. That confirms it. Pluto is not a planet.
Don't forget how long it takes Pluto to make an orbit. He probably doesn't have the time to go to the employee lounge. ;)

peteshimmon
2010-Feb-24, 07:02 PM
Animators also make out we have three fingers
on each hand. Well I only need one or two for
my opinion about trying to downgrade the
status of The Planet Pluto. I suppose.

:)

Ara Pacis
2010-Feb-24, 08:32 PM
Is that the same commercial where Uranus is rolling on its side? I mentioned that one in another thread in Small Medium at Large

Buttercup
2010-Feb-24, 09:08 PM
Pluto will always be a planet!

Fazor
2010-Feb-24, 09:13 PM
Pluto will always be a planet!

A pair of my favorite quotes:

"What has it been reclassified as? A dwarf planet. [shrug] I think that speaks volumes." -Jon Stewart

"Really? A dwarf planet is not a planet? Then that's just a dwarf, and that's an offensive term." -Stephen Colbert

AndreasJ
2010-Feb-24, 09:20 PM
"What has it been reclassified as? A dwarf planet. [shrug] I think that speaks volumes." -Jon Stewart
I suppose he'd also contend that water bears are bears?

Fazor
2010-Feb-24, 09:25 PM
I suppose he'd also contend that water bears are bears?
Knowing Jon? Probably, if it could get a laugh. :) (Err, rather, knowing of Jon. I don't personally know Jon. ;))

laurele
2010-Feb-27, 06:12 AM
"I counted eight planets, not nine, all easily recognizable. That confirms it. Pluto is not a planet."

That confirms it. From now on, I'm boycotting Jimmy Dean Sausage. It's called voting with your dollars.

Pluto IS a planet!

Sticks
2010-Feb-27, 06:36 AM
For reference

This is the advert on YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btXC_Y4BetQ)

DonM435
2010-Mar-04, 02:17 PM
I suspect that Jimmy Dean just concluded that there were likely no animals for him to exploit on Pluto. He'll let us keep Neptune on the list, as they may yet be tasty pigs on Triton.

Swift
2010-Mar-04, 02:47 PM
I love those commercials. There was an early one where the sun was explaining to his little daughter, very matter of factly, why he had to leave for work so early ("because I have to heat and light the Earth") and she is just kind of staring blankly at him. For some reason I thought that whole thing was hilarious.