PDA

View Full Version : I don't want to set the world on fire

eugenek
2010-Feb-24, 09:50 PM
Playing Fallout 3 introduced me to "I Don't Want to Set the World on Fire" by the Ink Spots. I really enjoy this tune and it reminded me of the "One More Kiss, Dear" song from Bladerunner. Afterward, I discovered there was a good reason for that. Some other songs in the game which I'm enjoying or Cole Porter's "Anything Goes", Tex Beneke's "A Wonderful Guy" and Bob Crosby & the Bobcats' "Way Back Home".

Anyways, I'm looking for song/group recommendations of a similar style. I'm not sure what style that is. I can easily imagine hearing them being played on a radio in some WW2 movie even though I know some weren't written until after the war. Working with that thought, I found "Lili Marlene". I like this one too. It's in German and definately has a different cadence than the previously mentioned titles so it probably doesn't fit exactly.

Moose
2010-Feb-24, 10:18 PM
If you go to fallout3nexus.com, there's a GNR radio station extender mod that adds a hundred well chosen songs in the public domain from a freely accessible database project of era music. Either would be a good starting point.

BigDon
2010-Feb-24, 10:36 PM
Wow, thanks Moose.

You too Eugene, for asking.

Moose
2010-Feb-25, 12:05 AM
The mod can be found here (http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=1418), in case you guys have any trouble finding it. It's one of my "must haves".

eugenek
2010-Feb-25, 01:33 AM
Lovely! Thanks, Moose.