PDA

View Full Version : Animals conspiring against Owners

dgavin
2010-Feb-25, 08:11 PM
I've discovered a conspiracy in my own household with my pets.

They are conspiring against me when ever I attempt to play a computer game.

When I DJ from the computer, they fairly much leave me alone. When I chat or visit websites or just sit around watching TV they leave me alone.

However the /moment/ I fire up Grand Theft Auto 4...The youngest dog immediatly goes to the water dish and starts tapping it, and doesn't stop until i get up to fill it. Once I accomplish that and sit back down, the Cat mysteriously appears and jumps into my lap, and then starts bumping my mouse device using arm with his head until I pay attention to him. Worse yet, after the cat is satisfied, the other two dogs start demaning thier turns.

To sum it up, whenever I start GTA4 it takes a good hour to be left alone long enough to even start playing the game.

I'm certain that my wife is behind this entire conspiracy! :lol::lol::lol:

PetersCreek
2010-Feb-25, 08:20 PM
Moved from the CT forum, where it clearly does not belong.

NEOWatcher
2010-Feb-25, 08:48 PM
I've discovered a conspiracy in my own household with my pets...
From the description of thier behaviors and your responses, it sounds more like you are trying to conspire against your owners.

mugaliens
2010-Feb-26, 01:35 AM
Issues! Nothing a switch can't solve..

RAF_Blackace
2010-Feb-26, 01:58 AM
I'm sure your wife finds it sad that the pets have to tell you something she has been desperately wanting to tell you for years.

Ara Pacis
2010-Feb-26, 03:32 AM
It appears that the OPer is not the Alpha Male.

closetgeek
2010-Feb-26, 02:20 PM
It appears that the OPer is not the Alpha Male.

Married men rarely are :silenced:.

dgavin
2010-Feb-26, 03:20 PM
I'm sure your wife finds it sad that the pets have to tell you something she has been desperately wanting to tell you for years.

Actually me and wife get a huge laugh out of this behavior of the animals. They really can tell when I'm playing some game versus cassual computer use. And then pester me relentlessly.

I'm not that involved in gaming that i'm lost to common sense.

I think the way the dog's know, is that when a high-end 3d game is fired up, the CPU fans/ graphic card fans, and sometimes even the N02 cooler are all running making computer sound different then normal.

It pretty darn funny though to see them 'bug the owner' when games are fired up.

Yes, i have a gas cooled machine, it's sort of an emergency cooler in that it protects the CPU and graphics cards from fatal overheating situations when a game goes into crash/cpu loop type situation.

Moose
2010-Feb-26, 09:02 PM
My pair have an uncanny ability to know when I'm reading for fun (they leave me alone) or when I'm reading for school (they teleport between me and the book and become very very opaque). Or when I'm bauting (fine) or writing a paper (on the keyboard.)

dgavin
2010-Feb-26, 09:33 PM
My pair have an uncanny ability to know when I'm reading for fun (they leave me alone) or when I'm reading for school (they teleport between me and the book and become very very opaque). Or when I'm bauting (fine) or writing a paper (on the keyboard.)

Hmmm, Now I wonder if my animals and your animals know each other.

This may be a wide spread conspiracy. It could be global!:lol: