PDA

View Full Version : KSC Workers Rally to Continue Constellation and Extend Shuttle

Fraser
2010-Feb-28, 12:40 AM
About 2,000 people turned out for a "Save Our Space Exploration" jobs rally in Titusville, Florida on Saturday. Organized by union leaders, the event focused on preserving jobs at Kennedy Space Center, vital to the economy on the Space Coast. "Canceling the Constellation program is a movement away from what we Floridians [...]

More... (http://www.universetoday.com/2010/02/27/ksc-workers-rally-to-continue-constellation-and-extend-shuttle/)

TheHalcyonYear
2010-Feb-28, 12:52 AM
It seems to me that so many people want to continue government programs, but don't want to raise taxes to pay for said programs. I would not object to an extension if the money was raised to pay for it. However, with the rest of the world financing our enormous debt, I don't think deficit spending is a good idea. if a bill is passed shifting funds from other projects to this one, that would not be so bad. However, since so much of the budget is deficit spending, I think collecting additional funds would be the best course of action.