PDA

View Full Version : You think you have problems? (like me)

JohnD
2010-Feb-28, 10:36 AM
All,

Just when the dust caused by our spats on the question of moderation style has settled, comes this:
http://forum.richarddawkins.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=110356

The Richard Dawkins site was to be revamped, including a change in the way that new threads were started. I don't want to put ideas into anyone's head, but the context is important. This is a short extract from Dawkins' letter to his website users, about the changes:
"Starting a new discussion will require approval, so we ask that you only submit new discussions that are truly relevant to reason and science. Subsequent responses on the thread will not need approval—however anything off topic or violating the new terms of service will be removed."

I won't repeat the insults that these proposed changes triggered, except to say that they were a proctologist's nightmare and you can read about them on the link. Neither can I say what made the changes necessary. Dawkins baits those with faith or ascientific theories, so did they have moderating rules that were more liberal than those extant here? And needed to change them, because of so much abuse, drifts into danger or provocative irrelevancies?

If anyone has been a regular visitor to the Dawkins site, maybe they can report on the recent weather there. We should take note of the dangerous waters that others' course has got them into.

John

tusenfem
2010-Feb-28, 01:40 PM
I am sorry, but BAUT is not the place to discuss the good the bad and the ugly on another forum.