PDA

View Full Version : Can't think of an album name. . .

Jens
2010-Mar-05, 07:07 AM
It's not an album that I remember listening to, but rather an album title that I think I've heard. There is a well-known album (or song) by Jimi Hendrix called "Are You Experienced?" Is there an album somewhere that has the pattern "Do you" with the band's name? Like "Do you the Beatles" or "Do you Van Halen?" Somehow I have a vague recollection of such an album, but can't remember.

Jens
2010-Mar-05, 07:26 AM
Actually, adding a more general question, what albums or songs are there that use the band's or singer's name in a grammatical fashion? I can think of three off-hand.

Who Are You?
Are You Experienced?
Get the Knack.

Torsten
2010-Mar-05, 08:14 AM
Re the first question, I can't think of an album title like that, but the question immediately put a Barney Bentall tune on my mind, Do ya (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkskyqyadVo). Now that'll be there for a few days.

Re the second question, a compilation of Hendrix best hits is titled "Experience Hendrix: The Best of Jimi Hendrix".

Tog
2010-Mar-05, 08:26 AM
No clue on the first question.

I think Beatles for Sale would fit the second.

pzkpfw
2010-Mar-05, 08:50 AM
De la soul is dead.
Into Battle with the Art of Noise EP
Who's Afraid of the Art of Noise?

jokergirl
2010-Mar-05, 08:53 AM
Caught in the Act of Love

;)

Jens
2010-Mar-05, 09:01 AM
On the last one especially. . . It's hard to be precise, but what I'm thinking is albums that could have been put out by any band, but happen to include the name (deliberately of course). So for example, Yesterdays (a compilation album by Yes) could have been released by anybody. But for example, "Meet the Beatles" is an obvious one that uses the band's name, but not in an interesting way.

AndreasJ
2010-Mar-05, 11:49 AM
Catching up with Depeche Mode

Kaptain K
2010-Mar-05, 02:19 PM
Kansas (first album)
Boston (first album)
Yessongs - Yes

Argos
2010-Mar-05, 02:21 PM
Frampton comes alive;

Torsten
2010-Mar-05, 05:15 PM
Idolize Yourself

Apparently, it's "The Very Best of Billy Idol".

redshifter
2010-Mar-05, 08:24 PM
Iron Maiden - the debut album, also a song
Black Sabbath - see above
Yes's first album, titled "Yes"
Rush - see above
Zappa in New York

hhEb09'1
2010-Mar-05, 08:56 PM
Everybody Wang Chung tonight!

Everybody Wang Chung Tonight: Wang Chung's Greatest Hits compilation album